collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11173
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2013, 18:10 »
Are they all six months backdated? If the doctors are the only ones getting two years something is seriously wrong.

USADA meets RSADA basically the 3 riders threw the Dr under the bus

I assume , tis the way of the future , which is both bad and good, and the reason behind the 4 year bans or one of them

tell us all get 1 - 2 years or nothing get 4
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 861
    « Reply #811 on: November 20, 2013, 20:08 »
    So it wasn't positive tests, then. 6 months for a confession of past misdeeds which you got away with is one thing. 6 months for failing a test and turning states evidence is another.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #812 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41 »
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 662
    « Reply #813 on: November 27, 2013, 22:13 »
    from Lee Rodgers blog http://crankpunk.com

November 15, 2013
     a lazy re-post? no, a reaffirmation 

LA. Ballan. Sanchez. Ryder. Vaughters.

queasiness. unease. sickness. deception.

i’m re-posting this because we have to remember that WE are this sport. not them.

crank on, folks, crank on, and keep smiling…

did i miss anything?

you ride because you love it. you ride because you need it. you ride because you want it. sometimes you ride because you don’t love, want or need it, you just do it because that is what you do. you ride because it stops you getting fat, you ride because it makes you well, you ride because you need the therapy, you ride because you need the escape. you ride because she rides. you ride because she doesn’t. or he does. or he doesn’t. or, you ride because they do. or because they don’t. (everyone covered there? good.) you ride to find God. or you ride because you know there is no God and because everything, ultimately, is futile and yet that matters so much and you may as well ride anyway because your time here is finite. you ride because you love the earth. you ride sometimes because you hate your self and f*ck can you ride fast when you are angry. you ride because you saw Stephen Roche fight his way back to within touching distance of Pedro Delgado on Stage 17 of the 1987 Tour de France, a feat that made you cry and still does, or you ride because there may be no finer thing in this world than the sight of a young Edouard Louis Joseph Baron Merckx in his Molteni jersey and that is all the inspiration you need. you ride because you once saw a grainy clip of the great Fausto Coppi and saw that pedaling motion, you felt its power and the touch of grace fleetingly upon your being and it has stayed with you forever

is Lee Rodgers sure that those 4 athletes were riding clean?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7540
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #814 on: November 27, 2013, 22:29 »
    is Lee Rodgers sure that those 4 athletes were riding clean?
    I'm fairly confident in saying that at least 3 of the 4 weren't.

But I think that's not the point Rodgers wants to make.
    He says that these heroes of the past inspired him, in one way or another, to take up the sport. That doesn't directly have anything to do with the cleanness (or dirtyness) of those inspirations.
    I ride (OK, mostly I watch others ride) because 13 years ago, I watched on the TV as small Spanish climber Javier Otxoa overcame the odds to win a Pyrénées queen stage. He won over a certain Lance Armstrong with 42 seconds to spare; and having been riding for Kelme, with today's knowledge I wouldn't put much on Javi being clean.
    But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's inspiring to me to this day.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 662
    « Reply #815 on: November 27, 2013, 22:35 »

But I think that's not the point Rodgers wants to make.
    He says that these heroes of the past inspired him, in one way or another, to take up the sport. That doesn't directly have anything to do with the cleanness (or dirtyness) of those inspirations.
    I ride (OK, mostly I watch others ride) because 13 years ago, I watched on the TV as small Spanish climber Javier Otxoa overcame the odds to win a Pyrénées queen stage. He won over a certain Lance Armstrong with 42 seconds to spare; and having been riding for Kelme, with today's knowledge I wouldn't put much on Javi being clean.
    But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's inspiring to me to this day.

the first memories for me were Chiappucci and the great Miguel, go figure
    when Millar won that Tour stage in 2012 I was amazed and it was sooo great (and he confessed doping)

and I guess Ryder, Danielson, LA, Vaughters and so on, inspired some young kids that are riding now.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #816 on: November 27, 2013, 22:57 »

Coppi was clean because doping wasn't against the rules when he rode. As far as the others then I would certainly tend to agree, it would be an almost certain 3 out of 4 for me too.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #818 on: December 04, 2013, 09:25 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #820 on: December 04, 2013, 14:03 »
    No new contract for Emanuele Sella then (after the current one runs out)?

Or is Sella one of those Savio refers to with this:
    “These riders recognized their errors, and they learned from their mistakes,” Savio continued. “All of these riders now are doing things in the correct way, and they have not repeated the same mistakes.”
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #823 on: December 05, 2013, 21:45 »
    :D  search

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-divers-le-coni-veut-suspendre-francesco-reda-2-ans-dopage-37285.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's a buyer's market. Together with the 'pressure' of MPCC membership, Savio can afford now more than ever to boast that he has no need of ex-dopers, not least because Pellizotti was always going to be out the door as soon as he got the tricolore jersey and because Sella has done nothing but a few interesting breakaways since his comeback.

Reda is going to get busted shortly (this was CONI's own investigation) and I actually like that Savio suspended him back in April. That was a serious gesture from the old Signor Teflon. Even if the UCI put him back to work in the interim, CONI is now almost certainly going to freeze him and make Androni look bad (again).

Let's see if Savio's BS holds true this time around. Somehow I think it just might.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #825 on: December 06, 2013, 07:38 »
    Kazakh politics.
    It's a nasty business, and fought with all means available.

But I think Vino is just the right man to come out on topand  in the end become Nasarbayev's heir, if that's his ambition.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #826 on: December 08, 2013, 08:26 »
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #827 on: December 08, 2013, 09:03 »
    I am all for the regulation of doctors in cycling, a sport that already regulates agents for goodness' sakes. I have always tried to include the identities of doctors in my research and I think that their role in so many doping incidents is too often overlooked or neglected.

In our society we seem to find it hard to question these self regulating, so called "liberal professions" but pro cycling has shown us time and again that doctors can be very corrupt even while there is occasionally some merit in certain of their arguments that they were only trying to help riders stay healthy in a deleterious sport.

I have relatively little knowledge of the medical profession but I have an idea for discussion:

In order to regulate doctors in cycling, I would require that a doctor show evidence of suitability. A doctor would remain a licensed "associate" or "consultant" to the sport for several years before being allowed to bed in with a team the way guys like Guardascione do, and in order for that to happen there would have to be some sort of independent peer review backed by evidence of propriety in sport(s) and, on the basis of recent embarassing cases, a written exam to demonstrate knowledge and hopefully compliance with WADA provisions.

A doctor in cycling could not hold any other posts that might produce conflict of interests. Again, this relates to the example of Guardascione giving seminars at CONI. A doctor could go on to occupy a relevant senior or advisory role in cycling management but not at the same time as holding a consultancy or in-house role with a trade or national team.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #828 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15 »
    I am all for the regulation of doctors in cycling, a sport that already regulates agents for goodness' sakes. I have always tried to include the identities of doctors in my research and I think that their role in so many doping incidents is too often overlooked or neglected.

In our society we seem to find it hard to question these self regulating, so called "liberal professions" but pro cycling has shown us time and again that doctors can be very corrupt even while there is occasionally some merit in certain of their arguments that they were only trying to help riders stay healthy in a deleterious sport.

I have relatively little knowledge of the medical profession but I have an idea for discussion:

In order to regulate doctors in cycling, I would require that a doctor show evidence of suitability. A doctor would remain a licensed "associate" or "consultant" to the sport for several years before being allowed to bed in with a team the way guys like Guardascione do, and in order for that to happen there would have to be some sort of independent peer review backed by evidence of propriety in sport(s) and, on the basis of recent embarassing cases, a written exam to demonstrate knowledge and hopefully compliance with WADA provisions.

A doctor in cycling could not hold any other posts that might produce conflict of interests. Again, this relates to the example of Guardascione giving seminars at CONI. A doctor could go on to occupy a relevant senior or advisory role in cycling management but not at the same time as holding a consultancy or in-house role with a trade or national team.

Also it seems like such an easy fix, say riders only can get prescriptions from UCI Doctors, let UCI hire the doctors, and then rotate them between the teams. That way if any rider is aided in doping by a UCI doctor, when the doctors then rotate the riders passport values might be flagged.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #829 on: December 11, 2013, 17:26 »
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #830 on: December 11, 2013, 18:11 »
    A step in the right direction.
    And coming from a, frankly, unexpected direction.

They seem to want to be branding themselves as 'Green Team' as well, with all that that entails. Always good to see teams get an image that extends beyond their sponsors, like Vaughters's Argyle or Scinto's Yellow Fluo.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #831 on: December 13, 2013, 08:51 »
    Via conde on twitter

Heras wanting 1 million euros in damages from 2005 annulment if epo positive

http://www.ondacero.es/audios-online/al-primer-toque/noticias/exclusivaroberto-heras_2013121300002.html
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #832 on: December 13, 2013, 12:01 »
    http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/12/13/actualidad/1386934000_620861.html

tour of Portugal winner Marque positive

not sure to what,

rumors samu will take the spot
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13098
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #833 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11 »
    quelle surprise :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

al_pacino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 93
    « Reply #834 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33 »

Maybe Anton already replaced him. The two sets of news are quite close together.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of Portuguese  cycling though.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #835 on: December 13, 2013, 12:48 »
    maybe Samu replacing JTL on Team Sky?
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 861
    « Reply #836 on: December 13, 2013, 12:56 »
    Tour of Portugal continues to be what it is, very sad.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #837 on: December 13, 2013, 13:05 »
    Tour of Portugal continues to be what it is, very sad.
    Looking back, I feel sorry for Xavi Tondó for having to duke it out in that environment for as long as he had.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #838 on: December 13, 2013, 13:45 »
    http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/12/13/actualidad/1386934000_620861.html

tour of Portugal winner Marque positive

not sure to what,

betamethasone (the most famous trademark is Celestone), a glucocorticoid.

Steroids and yes, rather convenient considering who's going to take his place.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4493
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #839 on: December 13, 2013, 14:27 »
    maybe Samu replacing JTL on Team Sky?

God that would be horrendous :o
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [Today at 07:59]