collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4512
  • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #960 on: February 28, 2014, 13:21 »
More on this link viaveloropa on twitter use GT but his Hemi went from 21 up to 63

Laz this it the orginal article for Dopeology

Briceño Jimmy not run in Europe for high hematocrit level

was not signed yet by Androni, so not a MPCC issue for the team, he failed the testing to step up to Pro Conti.

I think his hematocrit level is 63 and hemoglobin 21
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #961 on: February 28, 2014, 16:13 »
    Incredibly painful 25 min interview with O'Grady by Cycling Central

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/video/171964995640/Stuart-O-Grady-The-Interview

It is pretty obvious that the interviewer doesn't believe O'Grady (and neither do I)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #962 on: February 28, 2014, 16:28 »
    More on this link viaveloropa on twitter use GT but his Hemi went from 21 up to 63

Laz this it the orginal article for Dopeology

Briceño Jimmy not run in Europe for high hematocrit level

was not signed yet by Androni, so not a MPCC issue for the team, he failed the testing to step up to Pro Conti.

Was wondering whether or not to include this. I don't cover cases outside of the Euro scene and he wasn't technically riding for Androni yet.

Good on Gianni 'Suspicious Santa' Savio for calling him out publicly though. Career over, in Europe at least.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 406
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #963 on: February 28, 2014, 16:51 »
    Freudian slip?

Anyway, Xe != CO. The latter's one of the best reducing agents around. Not that I know anything about this....

Not freudian. I'm not a native english speaker though. Maybe I slipped anyway.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #964 on: February 28, 2014, 16:58 »
    Was wondering whether or not to include this. I don't cover cases outside of the Euro scene and he wasn't technically riding for Androni yet.

Good on Gianni 'Suspicious Santa' Savio for calling him out publicly though. Career over, in Europe at least.

I thought the database was full of doping cases not suspicions?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #965 on: February 28, 2014, 17:27 »
    I thought the database was full of doping cases not suspicions?

Unless I've misunderstood you, Keith, I thought it was confirmed that the young fellow had returned 63%. Or are you referring to Savio? He has been under investigation, so he's in there for sure, the old rogue! :D
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 984
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #966 on: February 28, 2014, 17:30 »
    Not freudian. I'm not a native english speaker though. Maybe I slipped anyway.
    Twas just a joke. It fit in perfectly.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #967 on: February 28, 2014, 17:48 »
    Unless I've misunderstood you, Keith, I thought it was confirmed that the young fellow had returned 63%. Or are you referring to Savio? He has been under investigation, so he's in there for sure, the old rogue! :D

Yep, it has been confirmed by that old rogue, Savio.

I didn't think the young rogue was under investigation.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #968 on: February 28, 2014, 18:21 »
    Yep, it has been confirmed by that old rogue, Savio.

I didn't think the young rogue was under investigation.

Valid, Keith. Not of itself an incident. Good thinking!  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1122
    Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #970 on: March 01, 2014, 00:44 »
    It is a good piece ... except that it doesnt mention that the 'suspicious sample' actually occurred on stage 14 - so the "only once"  (that BS explains beautifully was actually an extended program) is impossible anyway.

It really only needs 1 extra paragraph to go from being a good piece to being and excellent piece
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11186
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 406
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #973 on: March 05, 2014, 11:58 »
    ‘The most famous game of all is the prisoner’s dilemma, and it’s a natural explanation for why athletes take drugs despite the risks’

some interesting ideas

Oh, these economical explanations for everything just make me want to cry *sigh* I just don't buy that you can reduce a human figuratively speaking in to a single atom that spins around trying to maximize its utility. Which is the prerequiste economical theories. Otherwise economists can't build their *fancy* mathematical models.

This article even more funny, probably because those poor economists can't explain doping with their *fancy* models :we all gonna die . After concluding there's nothing wrong with the model the *fault* must be somene else to blame  – enter the fans. Yes of course they are the one to blame. The fans substitute for a totally discrete unquantifiable variable  i.e it is not possible to put that into a mathematical model. However they probably provide with some latent effect to the model, or exogenous effect if I'm going to speak economeeze.

The problem is that game theory does not account for structural elements in society. Which mean, what are the effects of belonging to a society or group?

Hein and Phat surely understood the scope of doping in cycling but they tried to cover it up instead of dealing with the problem. Even Lance Armstrong and was right to some extent in his argument of levelling the playing field – not as an excuse to take banned substances though.

Although the last two paragraphs has noting to do with game theory and its short comings. I do sort of agree with the last two paragraphs.  I think revealing during Sochi IOC has tested x per cent more atletes compared to previous Olympic Games in Vancouver. Togehter with the low number of athletes that has been tested positive (despite knowing lab time is a huge bottle neck, and most results will be published after the games has finished) is just to show the sponsors, not the fans mind you, that IOC are running  a smooth operation.

Disclaimer: I'm a Sociologist and I consider economists to be the arch enemy, well sort of anyway ;)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7563
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #974 on: March 08, 2014, 20:22 »
    I found a Dutch newspaper on the train yesterday. No idea how it got there, but there was an interesting article on Red Bull Salzburg and their use of dodgy methods in their "Red Bull Clinic Thalgau", run by Bernd Pansold. Pansold used to dope *dd athletes in the 70s/80s and is banned from involvement in sports in *de Germany, but apparently free to do whatever he likes in *at Austria. The article also says that Austrian ski legend Hermann Maier used to work with the clinic in Thalgau (exclusively, other Austrian skier weren't allowed to go there), alluding that Maier was up to no good as well.

The article isn't available online, if wanted I could scan/photograph it and post it here.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #975 on: March 08, 2014, 21:02 »
    Yea it was discussed after 020 (Ajax, urgh..) lost against them. Always happens when they feel they lost unfairly. They complained that Juve 1996 were blooddoped, which they probably were, but Ajax doesnt have a clean record either. For example this year Davy Klaassen's blood was centrifuged and reinjected as injury treatment, and this isnt even looked at by the press. This is pure blooddoping,  but I'll stop complaining about 020 cause Feyenoord often is said to be suffering from a calimero syndrome. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3573
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #976 on: March 08, 2014, 23:26 »
    I found a Dutch newspaper on the train yesterday. No idea how it got there, but there was an interesting article on Red Bull Salzburg and their use of dodgy methods in their "Red Bull Clinic Thalgau", run by Bernd Pansold. Pansold used to dope *dd athletes in the 70s/80s and is banned from involvement in sports in *de Germany, but apparently free to do whatever he likes in *at Austria.

I remember reading these articles last year:

Skier Lindsey Vonn, Olympic star, saw notorious doping doctor in Germany at Red Bull clinic
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/red-flag-lindsey-vonn-red-bull-east-german-drug-doctor-article-1.1349830

Daily News visits Red Bull's controversial training guru Bernd Pansold at clinic in Austria
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/muscling-roid-doc-news-visits-controversial-training-doctor-red-bull-clinic-article-1.1351280
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #978 on: March 19, 2014, 08:30 »
    Via Velofacts

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-26636371

new doping test 1000 times more sensitive,   
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #979 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/03/news/usac-chief-denies-knowledge-postal-doping_320736

Basically:

1. Steve Johnson denies Zabriskie ever came to him and told him about doping
    2. Macur denies the USAC position saying she did speak to Johnson
    3. Zabriskie says "He would lie, wouldn't he"

I hope this is being investigated at the CIRC.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

StarInTheSky

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 59
    « Reply #982 on: April 01, 2014, 17:10 »
    The Office of the Prosecutor has referred the former Anti-doping cyclist Paolo Savoldelli for violation of Articles. 2.2. and 3.2. the Sports Anti-Doping Rules applicable to the Second Chamber of the National Anti-Doping Tribunal. The request for inhibition, as the subject was not rationed, is 2 years and 8 months.

The measure was introduced in response to the request of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) to open disciplinary proceedings against him.
    http://www.coni.it/it/notizie/20221-antidoping-deferito-paolo-savoldelli,-chiesti-2-anni-e-8-mesi-di-inibizione.html
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #983 on: April 01, 2014, 20:39 »
    So is Salvodelli going to bother defending himself or just accept the punishment?

and

Why haven't other riders mentioned in the USADA document been charged?
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1078
    « Reply #984 on: April 01, 2014, 21:05 »
    So is Salvodelli going to bother defending himself or just accept the punishment?

and

Why haven't other riders mentioned in the USADA document been charged?

But I thought it had been established that Savoldelli couldn't have doped because he doesn't speak English and Tom Danielson doesn't speak Italian. That seems like a water tight defence to me.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #985 on: April 01, 2014, 21:08 »
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/04/the-secret-pro-4/

The rider who tested positive for cocaine after a blood bag from his brother is Simeoni in 2002 I think
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #987 on: April 02, 2014, 15:39 »
    Interesting that he makes the point that MPCC teams dont use tramadol.

Well, their doctors made a commitment to not use it, doesnt mean they arent using it, and if they arent using tramadol in their finish bottles, doesnt mean they arent using something else.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #988 on: April 02, 2014, 15:43 »
    Interesting that he makes the point that MPCC teams dont use tramadol.

Well, their doctors made a commitment to not use it, doesnt mean they arent using it, and if they arent using tramadol in their finish bottles, doesnt mean they arent using something else.

I also see a element of we are not using it for whatever reason so we will make public that x, y and z is happening because of it´s use and see if that stops people using it.

I think there was a lot of that in the Garmin Xenon Cyclingnew article - which is fine but I think it maybe the real reason for all this public outings
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #989 on: April 04, 2014, 12:26 »
    I was a bit surprised by Mathieu's comments about tramadol. It is specific enough to sound like it comes from having seen or heard something.

Watching Van Keirsbulck in an interview yesterday, he sounded like he'd just woken up from surgery. Not saying he was on tranquilos but it did give me pause in light of Mathieu's comments. :P

There is a general principle, as far as I'm concerned, that non-doping drugs should only be allowed when used for their proper purpose. There needs to be a cause before you can enjoy an effect.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 13:15 by L'arri »

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 19:09]

Re: Race news 2020 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 18:20]

Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 10:04]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 08:10]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by al_pacino
    [December 11, 2019, 22:01]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by search
    [December 11, 2019, 17:46]