• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6777
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2012, 18:31 »
Meanwhile Lituanian rider Rasa Leleivyte also found herself in the same position after a positive A sample for EPO taken in an out-of-competition control on 12 June 2012. She took must decide if she will accept the result or opt for a B sample analysis. Like Gabrovski, she is provisionally suspended.

The 23 year old was European espoir champion in 2008 and is a multiple national champion. She took a stage win plus third in the Tour of Qatar in 2010. She is racing with the Vaiano Tepso team this year and took sixteenth overall in the Giro del Trentino plus thirteenth overall in the Giro Donne.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12433/Tour-of-Turkey-winner-Gabrovski-suspended-for-A-sample-EPO-positive-doping-test.aspx#ixzz20zlzMdwn

Terrible news. A prodigious young talent resorting to the heavy stuff. You have to wonder what was her motive: she seemed to be a really promising rider before this with no real blips in form. That suggests that either it is a recent thing or, much worse, she has already been getting busy with the fizzy for quite some time.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #211 on: July 20, 2012, 10:38 »
    Terrible news. A prodigious young talent resorting to the heavy stuff. You have to wonder what was her motive: she seemed to be a really promising rider before this with no real blips in form. That suggests that either it is a recent thing or, much worse, she has already been getting busy with the fizzy for quite some time.

I am inclined to think that athletes are introduced to the fizz as early as possible, which is stupid when you think about it from a performance point of view.

The level of intensity i witnessed that Italian Juniors appear to be under from family and friends, hoping that they had the new Coppi, Bartali, Moser, Saronni etc on their hands was ludicrous. For some to avoid failure must be so high that they will do anything.

I witnessed a 9/10/11 year old out training with his father (on the scooter) during school hours, FFS. Incredible. :(
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #212 on: July 23, 2012, 18:34 »
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #213 on: July 23, 2012, 23:54 »
    Even the Gran Fondo New York isn't spared.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2012/david-anthony-tests-positive

That is one pitiful individual. I would fine him up the ying yang, and then let him keep racing. It sounds like he bus a lot of gear, and we need more businessmen like him to support the bike shops. He isn't hurting anyone but himself. I see these masters clowns around my neck of the woods, I suspect they are doping, who cares, they are jerks. Let them race with the other, self centered masters. Get some ball dave anthony and race cat 1, dope n all!!! They are self satisfying, and really are quite comical, lazer like focus at 47, come on dude.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #214 on: July 26, 2012, 17:26 »
    Toulon's English flanker Steffon Armitage has an "abnormal" doping test result, but the French Top 14 club insist he has not taken a banned substance

Extremely fishy nonetheless.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 63
    « Reply #215 on: July 27, 2012, 12:17 »
    Pat McQuaid at his slimey slippery best trying to pin everything on WADA while denying he is doing it.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-disavows-uci-responsibility-in-armstrong-case
  • ReplyReply
  • BMC and Cadel Evans fan
    I have chosen not to be able to receive private messages except from administrators.

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #216 on: July 28, 2012, 00:48 »
    Pat McQuaid at his slimey slippery best trying to pin everything on WADA while denying he is doing it.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-disavows-uci-responsibility-in-armstrong-case

Are you trying to say WADA is on the up and up? I mean come on, they have let athletes get away with performance since their creation, as dirty as anyone else. Ask Victor Conte.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11175
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #218 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42 »
    Conte is in the times today saying 60 % of athletes at the games on drugs and the testing is just good press.

I have no link as you need a paid subscription -
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #219 on: August 09, 2012, 13:29 »
    meh

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8250466/report-ioc-strip-tyler-hamilton-2004-gold-medal

sure take it away but do not give it to Ekimov  :fp

Be cool if Ekimov's doping came out in the USADA investigation  :tu
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #220 on: August 09, 2012, 13:35 »
    ah Benotti - you are evil.     ;D

• ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #221 on: August 09, 2012, 15:57 »
    The Ekimov thing shows just how retarded the whole doping thing is. It is possible that if Ekimov gets found in the investigation, a guy who was not even on the podium AND is known to have doped will be given a medal on the basis that he was caught doping after the original winner.

As for Conte, what he is saying makes sense to me but lets remember that according to the rules of doping discussions  he is someone who has been involved in doping before and therefore everything he says must be lies.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #222 on: August 09, 2012, 21:32 »
    The Ekimov thing shows just how retarded the whole doping thing is. It is possible that if Ekimov gets found in the investigation, a guy who was not even on the podium AND is known to have doped will be given a medal on the basis that he was caught doping after the original winner.

As for Conte, what he is saying makes sense to me but lets remember that according to the rules of doping discussions  he is someone who has been involved in doping before and therefore everything he says must be lies.

Actually, he is quality(Conte) as an organizer of doping, cheating schedules. Conte has been transparent, (check his you tube videos) on doping methods. He organized labs to create designer steroids. He was only caught because that Tammy Man/Woman went overboard on her Ped use, and was nailed, at that point Balco was set up.
    He isn't a liar like some other athletes. He did not dupe his fans into contributing to defense funds.

I see Conte as I see Ferrari. They work for profit, produce the most exceptional performances as possible, and sincerely care about the health of their athletes.

A little smarter and credible than Tyler and Landis.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #223 on: August 09, 2012, 21:35 »

If Ekimov gets gold it will prove my point that the dope testers really do not care about doping, only in some sick way producing the champions they chose, for profit, and political gain.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33 »
    meh

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8250466/report-ioc-strip-tyler-hamilton-2004-gold-medal

sure take it away but do not give it to Ekimov  :fp
    Marion Jones and Thanou? Could be that like the 100m from 2000
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #226 on: August 10, 2012, 20:22 »
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/2012/08/jacque-rogges-letter-to-tyler-hamilton

Rogges thanks TH for returning the medal

Anyone here know if
    tyler is going to return
    any other results while doping?
    More importantly will Tyler return
    the contributions donated to him
    for his defense fund?
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #227 on: August 10, 2012, 22:15 »
    Speculation rather than anything concrete, but carries on from Conte's 60% suggestion.  In a radio interview after the ladies 1500m final this evening, GB's Lisa Dobriskey had this to say; "I'll probably get into trouble for saying this but I don't believe I'm competing on a level playing field".  Unusual, but  nice, for an athlete to speak out. 

• ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #228 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57 »
    As excuses go, this one is priceless  ;D
    http://inrng.tumblr.com/post/29472905178/itsrainingepo
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #229 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40 »
    Sören Svenningsen, a 47 years old Danish official of their cycling federation who is still active as a veteran has been the first ever official to test positive. He has tested positive for three forbidden substances at the same time at a race on 30th of June.

"We are shocked, its unforgivable that an official of the Danish cycling federation has tested positive" was the reaction of the shocked president of the danish cycling federation Tom Lund

http://www.nusport.nl/mixed-zone/2895785/deense-wielerofficial-47-betrapt-doping.html
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #230 on: August 29, 2012, 11:56 »
    Sören Svenningsen, a 47 years old Danish official of their cycling federation who is still active as a veteran has been the first ever official to test positive. He has tested positive for three forbidden substances at the same time at a race on 30th of June.

"We are shocked, its unforgivable that an official of the Danish cycling federation has tested positive" was the reaction of the shocked president of the danish cycling federation Tom Lund

http://www.nusport.nl/mixed-zone/2895785/deense-wielerofficial-47-betrapt-doping.html

So funny and yet so pathetic at the same time.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #231 on: August 31, 2012, 08:45 »
    The great Cyclisme-Dopage puts out a detailed exclusive on 2012 Vuelta power numbers by Frédéric Portoleau, aeronautics engineer and co-writer of Antoine Vayer:

http://www.cyclisme-dopage.com/puissances/2012-08-30-cyclisme-dopage.htm

Great read if you speak French, though the tabular data ought to deliver the essence even if you don't. ;) This is just a teaser from the first week or so - there will be more later in the race.
  • ReplyReply

• Icebreaker

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #232 on: August 31, 2012, 18:06 »
    If Ekimov gets gold it will prove my point that the dope testers really do not care about doping, only in some sick way producing the champions they chose, for profit, and political gain.

^. This
  • ReplyReply

• Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 63
    « Reply #233 on: September 03, 2012, 11:12 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #235 on: September 06, 2012, 13:19 »
    Vaughters Outs Danielson

by Steve Tilford

http://stevetilford.com/?p=21510
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #236 on: September 06, 2012, 14:00 »
    Tour chats this sunday - 9th of September

Show #44 – September 9 at 9 PM
    Betsy Andreu
    “I shouldn’t have to justify why I told the truth. Someone else’s guilt shouldn’t be a reason for me to shut up. Until the truth is told, you’re not even dealing with reality. A lot of people have a lot invested in not having the truth revealed. The scope of the people dependent on the myth and making money off the myth has made it harder to expose the myth.” – Bicycling.com
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #239 on: September 07, 2012, 17:56 »
    WT points should determine length of bad

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rabobank-manager-says-high-ranking-dopers-should-be-banned-longer

Too complicated.

Here is how you do it.
    Either lifetime bans for the first offenses, (that means you, Mr. David Anthony.)(http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/two-amateurs-test-positive-for-epo-at-gran-fondo-new-york-34711/) including jrs. amatuers top pros,
    and start a breakaway league where the dopers can fuel to their hearts content. The guys who really want to rocket, hey bring it on.

I would not have an issue with that, I enjoyed Lance, Pantani, Boogard, Ullrich, Riis,the Basque Iban Mayo, the many other great Italians, Belgians and of course Tyler Hamilton, etc. etc..

Enjoy doped performances. Hey that is what cycling is about, these days. No more wimps and snivelers like Vaughters, Hamilton, Papp, Tygart, Landis,Kimmage, etc.......

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: RIP/ memorial announcements by Echoes
    [Today at 12:28]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 19, 2019, 19:18]

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search