collapse

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 126
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34 »
"@bambula: Anti Doping Danmark is considering going the USADA way, ie calling in witnesses. End game for Riis? (in Danish) http://t.co/iMtXK9Sn"

Hmmm, this could get interesting.
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #331 on: November 16, 2012, 08:36 »
    In all seriousness, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for blood testing ... A few years ago when the tennis federations wanted to introduce random testing, all of the men's top pro's went on strike and refused to play ...  :fp :fp

Thanks for this - seriously? Buttholes!
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3551
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #332 on: November 16, 2012, 22:34 »
    San Jose: Supplement company admits in federal court to mislabeling synthetic steroids

http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_22006480/san-jose-supplement-company-admits-federal-court-mislabeling

According to a DOJ release, "Myogenix knowingly labeled Spawn in a manner that was intended to deceive consumers and the FDA, in that it was labeled as a dietary supplement when in fact Spawn was a synthetic steroid."
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #333 on: November 19, 2012, 05:22 »
    "@TourDeJose: New draft of WADA code (from 2015, if implemented) calls for longer suspensions: 4 years (Olympic period) http://t.co/ht8gGDiv"

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/nov/18/wada-doubling-doping-bans?cat=sport&type=article

"As a result of the new proposal, which would double the maximum penalty for a series of offences including trafficking and use of masking agents, discussions about including a version of the IOC's so-called Osaka rule – which banned any athlete suspended for more than six months from the Games that followed – were dropped. If four-year bans are enforced, it would ban cheats from the Olympics that followed in any case. "It is clear from the number of submissions we received, that there is a strong desire in the world of sport, from governments and within the anti-doping community, to strengthen the sanction articles in the Code," said the Wada president, John Fahey. "This second draft has done that, doubling the length of suspension for serious offenders and widening the scope for anti-doping organisations to impose lifetime bans."
    In the wake of Merritt's case, the British Olympic Association fought a losing battle to maintain its lifetime ban for drug cheats. Its new chairman, Lord Coe, said this month he would continue to fight for stronger sanctions."
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #334 on: November 19, 2012, 13:18 »
    "@Cyclingnewdaily: 'Senior cycling figure' accused of doping - ABC Online http://t.co/nF0mr5wm"

"Controversial Australian former cyclist Martin Vinnicombe claims a current high-level figure in the sport once helped him with a doping injection."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-19/27senior-cycling-figure27-accused-of-doping/4380686?section=sport
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #335 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26 »
    "@roadcc: Ex-head of France's AFLD wants inquiry into those who protected Lance Armstrong - including former President Sarkozy: http://t.co/RNSDN0I8"

"Pierre Bordry, former head of the French national doping agency, the AFLD, says that then President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy, forced him out of his post in 2010 at the request of Lance Armstrong. Speaking to French news magazine Le Nouvel Observateur, Bordry is now calling for a parliamentary inquiry into the politicians, doctors, businessmen and sport officials whom he says protected Armstrong.

Armstrong himself greeted news of Bordry’s departure from the agency in September 2010 with a three-word message on Twitter that read “Au Revoir Pierre.”"

http://road.cc/content/news/70791-former-head-french-anti-doping-agency-calls-inquiry-protection-given-lance
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #336 on: November 22, 2012, 04:04 »
    "@CyclingViews: Cycling Australia encourage Vinnicombe to cooperate with ASADA - http://t.co/5IcVJIGv http://t.co/ZPsvHzpz"

http://m.cyclingnews.com/
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11171
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #338 on: November 24, 2012, 07:46 »
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13351/No-charges-for-Europcar-team-after-OCLAESP-investigation-proves-fruitless.aspx

Move along nothing to see here

Clearly with all the tendon issues they need a new bike fit guy ::)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #339 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56 »
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #340 on: November 24, 2012, 09:14 »
    ok.  Officially impressed with Gerrans.  I always liked him, but I am extra happy to read that.

:tu
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 572
    « Reply #341 on: November 24, 2012, 09:15 »
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13351/No-charges-for-Europcar-team-after-OCLAESP-investigation-proves-fruitless.aspx

Move along nothing to see here

Clearly with all the tendon issues they need a new bike fit guy ::)

OCLAESP are a joke. They announce these investigations then quietly back away from them.

Not to say they are being dodgy, but if you're going to tell the world you should have some sort of a case.

With the 2009 medical waste they were our best hope, until Floyd.

http://theage.com.au/sport/cycling/believe-me-im-clean-gerrans-20121123-29yyb.html

Gerro speaks

Ps welcome to VR againsttheclock.  :tu

His neighbour taught him well  :-[
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #342 on: November 24, 2012, 10:41 »
    Google translate of a piece by the Volkskrant on Betsy Andreu:

Without Betsy Andreu Lance Armstrong would never have been exposed as the biggest fraud in the history of the sport. The Volkskrant spoke with her​​.

Betsy Andreu (46) was the nail in the coffin of American cycling hero. "I have paid a high price, but I never became his victim," she says in an interview that Saturday to read in the newspaper.

Andreu, wife of former Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu, in 1996 witnessed a conversation in which Armstrong known to have used various types of doping. "I thought: o .. my ... God. 'She had later testify. "If you were to ask me whether I prefer not Lance Armstrong had known, I would say yes."

bully
    In her eyes, the fallen cyclist Armstrong a chameleon. Andreu: "He shows what he wants you to see. If he wants to intimidate, he is the bully. If he wants you to believe his lies, he is as charming as anyone can be. "And: "Lance is not a good person that makes bad choices. He is the devil in person. "

obsession
    On the question of Times Reporter Marije Rand District or Armstrong has become an obsession for her, she replies: "I'm obsessed, no doubt. But I'm not obsessed with Lance Armstrong overthrow. I'm obsessed to clear my name. This is my fight. He has my name dragged through the mud. But the worse it got, the more I felt firmer. Really, so you're looking for a fight with me, Lance? Well, that you can get. "

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2698/Sport/article/detail/3352826/2012/11/23/Armstrong-is-de-duivel-in-hoogst-eigen-persoon.dhtml

Full version is in the paper version of the volkskrant, pretty interesting read. No new information I think, she just talks about everything that happened to her and her husband. There's no online transcript of the full version though and it's way too long to type up and translate, so I'm afraid you'll have to do with this short version ;)
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #343 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37 »
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #344 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07 »
    ... and free steak for everyone!!!  ::)

I do love me a tasty rump.. :-D
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #345 on: November 26, 2012, 20:49 »
    Tyler Hamiolton The secret race weinner of the WIlliam hill sports book of the year awawrd.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #346 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21 »
    Full statement from Exergy Development Group (November 27, 2012)

Over the last four years, Exergy Development Group has become one of the largest contributors of sponsorships in North American cycling, and the company remains committed to the sport. Exergy Development Group has been the title sponsor of the men’s professional cycling team, Team Exergy, since 2009, and recently announced its return for a fourth season. However, circumstances have persisted since the announcement which continues to erode the stature of men’s professional cycling. Exergy Development Group shall not return to this level of sponsorship in 2013.

Exergy Development Group has patiently awaited substantial changes between the time that the sponsorship was announced and the present, yet the industry has failed to fully grasp the gravity of the taint of scandal and deceit. The company cannot condone half measures to alleviate the severity of the problem, and requires a dramatic transformation to guarantee those who ride clean are allowed to excel at their profession and bring pride back to the sport.

James Carkulis, CEO of Exergy Development Group states, “I am totally disheartened to have to place our sponsor dollars for our disciplined men’s team on hiatus for the 2013 season, but there is no choice given the corruption prevalent within the sport. The magnitude of this situation should not be taken lightly and ignoring the severity is not going to rebuild the public’s trust in the sport. This has not been an easy decision, but one shared by our team management. In cooperation with management, we will ensure that each rider is placed and provided for. Exergy will not sit idly by, but intends to offer up rational solutions over the next month which regenerates the greatness of this perfect synthesis between man and machine.”

Exergy Development Group shall continue to invest in the future of men’s professional cycling when the funding will be met by a degree of sincerity and determination to reconstruct the sport. Exergy Development Group shall reevaluate each of our other major men’s race sponsor commitments and support those which insist on fundamental change. Exergy shall continue to support women’s and junior cycling through the professional women’s cycling team, ExergyTWENTY16, and expand opportunities for women to excel. The company shall also continue to support USA Cycling and the many events involved. The company shall continue to contribute to a groundswell of supportive efforts which focus on cultivating ethics, grace, and commitment emblematic of cycling like the Fast Freddie Foundation and youth development. This critical decision has been forced upon many of cycling’s major sponsors, and although Exergy Development Group shall continue to enable youth development and provide parity into women’s cycling, the company requires massive overhaul to the system to produce a sport that can be trusted and respected before it returns to its previous sponsorship participation.

from a team who could not pay there bills, using Doping as a excuse to get out of some of it´s commitments

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/citing-scandal-and-deceit-exergy-cuts-sponsorship-of-mens-team_266499
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #347 on: November 28, 2012, 15:31 »
    from a team who could not pay there bills, using Doping as a excuse to get out of some of it´s commitments

Yeah, seems like a sh*tty move.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #348 on: November 28, 2012, 18:57 »
    "@Cycle_Nation: RT @Sport24news: I refused to dope - Lange: Former SA cyclist Malcolm Lange says he decided not to continue his ... http://t.co/y8aRnFFD"

"Johannesburg - High levels of doping in cycling at an international level deterred Malcolm Lange from competing in Europe, the former South African professional cyclist said on Wednesday.

"We know the sport has had a bad image with doping and that was one thing that deterred me from the sport," he said.

Lange was speaking at the launch of his tell-all book "Is Winning Everything? Success as defined by cycling legend Malcolm Lange".

The 39-year-old said his refusal to use performance-enhancing drugs, which were rife at the time, led to his move home in 1996 to continue his cycling career.

"This whole doping issue made me make the decision that I want to come back to South Africa and build cycling here. Doping was always available and guys could easily get a hold of it.

"If I wanted to be chasing podium places consistently in Europe, I would have to adopt a win-at-all-costs approach, which meant putting my health and my integrity at risk.

"I was there for many years and I decided that's not the avenue I want to take and I stayed clean, and I came back locally and built teams up here and raced a lot more on the local scene."

Lange said he had been unfairly criticised about his return, with his detractors saying the move was due to him being unable to compete in Europe.

"I've had some really big international wins abroad, as well as winning a big race. That was my focus and that’s what I wanted to do. I won at least 20 races in three seasons in Europe as an amateur between 1993 and 1995.

"When I turned professional for a Belgian team in 1996, I realised that I was up against a system I had no control over."

Throughout his 17-year career, Lange won numerous South African road and track titles, including Cape Argus Cycle Tours, three Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenges and six MTN Amashova National Classics.

He holds the record for back-to-back wins at the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge, in 2000 and 2001.

Lange believed there were many riders in South Africa who could continue to do well internationally without using banned substances.

"We have great talent. We have Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, who's been racing incredibly well in Europe and it shows you that we can produce great champions."

http://m.news24.com/sport24/OtherSport/Cycling/I-refused-to-dope-Malcolm-Lange-20121128
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #349 on: November 29, 2012, 02:55 »
    Without Betsy Andreu Lance Armstrong would never have been exposed as the biggest fraud in the history of the sport. The Volkskrant spoke with her​​.

Betsy Andreu (46) was the nail in the coffin of American cycling hero. "I have paid a high price, but I never became his victim," she says in an interview that Saturday to read in the newspaper.

Andreu, wife of former Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu, in 1996 witnessed a conversation in which Armstrong known to have used various types of doping. "I thought: o .. my ... God. 'She had later testify. "If you were to ask me whether I prefer not Lance Armstrong had known, I would say yes."

bully
    In her eyes, the fallen cyclist Armstrong a chameleon. Andreu: "He shows what he wants you to see. If he wants to intimidate, he is the bully. If he wants you to believe his lies, he is as charming as anyone can be. "And: "Lance is not a good person that makes bad choices. He is the devil in person. "

obsession
    On the question of Times Reporter Marije Rand District or Armstrong has become an obsession for her, she replies: "I'm obsessed, no doubt. But I'm not obsessed with Lance Armstrong overthrow. I'm obsessed to clear my name. This is my fight. He has my name dragged through the mud. But the worse it got, the more I felt firmer. Really, so you're looking for a fight with me, Lance? Well, that you can get. "

Betsy TS. I saw the interview with her and she spoke of the Primevera as if it were some industial park crit, puleeze, Milan San Remo.
    Yeah, yeah monuments don't mean didly to Bets, but that mean, mean, bully Armstrong, who fed peds down Frankies throat like Fois de gras.
    Girl, cycling is a business, it is not bout being friends, it never has been.
    BTW, does Bets support womens' cycling? I do, for sure.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #351 on: December 02, 2012, 09:54 »
    "‏@CyclingDirectSA Not good news at all! RT @GrootLem: Apparently 4 more positive tests to be announced soon? @Cycling_SA"

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #353 on: December 04, 2012, 17:02 »
    Tinkov - move along nothing to see here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkov-claims-cyclings-doping-problems-are-exaggerated

Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel

Olé Oleg! Nice interview. You're right: why should cycling need credibility and rules?!
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #354 on: December 04, 2012, 19:26 »
    I like Kittel, but didn't he have an 'issue' a few months ago?
    UV blood cleaning a few years ago mentioned a few months ago
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #355 on: December 04, 2012, 23:27 »
    and actually Kittel and Argos have been pretty open about it.

I dont think Kittel has any issues ... I believe him (even though I am fairly cynical about most)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #356 on: December 05, 2012, 04:47 »
    and actually Kittel and Argos have been pretty open about it.

I dont think Kittel has any issues ... I believe him (even though I am fairly cynical about most)

Maybe but GGerman cycling fed are maybe going to cas to get a retro ban
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2012, 17:23 »
    Fair enough.

It'd be optimistic to not expect them to be on dodgy painkillers at the least though, seeing it from his side.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #359 on: December 10, 2012, 10:44 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/offredo-finds-whereabouts-ban-too-strict

Offredo gets a year for being muppet

USADA folks who doped for years get 6 months can see why he is peeed
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts