• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6777
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #540 on: May 01, 2013, 13:54 »
In a recent turn of events, it seems that Werner Franke, the German anti-doping campaigner, has now filed a complaint against Gerolsteiner's former doctors Mark Schmidt and Ernst Jakob for breaking laws on drugs control, treatment of the body and issuing false prescriptions:

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/cyclisme/article/432893/plainte-de-werner-franke-contre-les-anciens-medecins-de-gerolsteiner.html (FR)
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130430_00561660 (NL)
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2698/Sport/article/detail/3434090/2013/04/30/Klacht-tegen-voormalig-Gerolsteiner-artsen.dhtml (NL)
http://www.t-online.de/sport/radsport/id_63183144/franke-zeigt-ehemalige-gerolsteiner-teamaerzte-an.html (DE)
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/sportpolitik/doping/doping-prozess-franke-zeigt-teamaerzte-an-12167946.html (DE)

No English sources as yet that I've found.

Vengeance, it would seem, is Franke's...  :D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 15:40 by L'arriviste »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13101
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #541 on: May 01, 2013, 14:03 »
    Werner Franke (famous anti-doping spokesman) and Andreas Franke (the doctor who treated Kittel and Steigmiller) are two different persons, l'arri
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #542 on: May 01, 2013, 15:40 »
    Werner Franke (famous anti-doping spokesman) and Andreas Franke (the doctor who treated Kittel and Steigmiller) are two different persons, l'arri

Sorry, search. I was away watching Dunkirk. Came back and I just saw a photo while looking for some more sources and I said to myself 'funny, that looks like Werner Franke, the anti-doping guy, oh wait..."
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #543 on: May 03, 2013, 08:40 »
    Bassons has got his "Tony tough" groove on in today's Le Monde:

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2013/04/11/le-combat-sans-fin-du-heros-de-l-antidopage_3158571_3242.html

Bassons' appeal before the AFLD was successful:

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/sport/dopage-christophe-bassons-totalement-blanchi_1245909.html

The news came from the former pro himself rather than the FFC (the French cycling authority). ;)

According to the AFLD, the FFC failed to notify the rider in writing and a telephone call was therefore insufficient.

Ironically, points out the article and not without relish, Bassons finished tenth in a UCI race last weekend and qualified for the World Championships, in which he will have to wear an official FFC national jersey.  :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11175
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #544 on: May 03, 2013, 08:50 »

Matt White receives six-month ban for doping

But with the ban dating back to October 13, the suspension had passed by April 13 - meaning that he can now seek to continue his career in cycling as a sports director if a team wishes to sign him up.

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #545 on: May 03, 2013, 09:14 »

But with the ban dating back to October 13, the suspension had passed by April 13 - meaning that he can now seek to continue his career in cycling as a sports director if a team wishes to sign him up.

Way to go Aus cycling for keeping this on the down low. Never knew he'd been banned - was it public knowledge?

EDIT: CN quotes him saying he only found out himself in a letter last week.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/matt-white-completes-six-month-anti-doping-ban

Wish my bank was as tardy as that with its official correspondance.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #546 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26 »
    lol - so not only are they backdating bans, they are not even bothering to tell the rider/manager that he was banned for x time

:fp
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #548 on: May 05, 2013, 11:20 »
    Martin, Kittel, Degenkolb issue joint statement
    Riders say none of them has ever doped and never will; ask for public confidence and better laws

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/mehr-sport/radprofis-im-gespraech-wir-brauchen-ein-anti-doping-gesetz-12172587.html (DE)

Since you're riding in the peloton, do you ever have suspicions that a competitor has made ​​a strange leap in performance?

Kittel: Of course. There's a really recent example of the Tour of Turkey: a Turk came second to last last year and this year he has won. You can put two and two together. I won the first stage and the leader's jersey, the Turk had the mountain jersey and he stood next to me at the start of the second stage, and I looked at him and thought, man, either there are damned big mosquitos in Turkey, or something on his arm is funny - there were certainly quite a few puncture marks. But this is perhaps a good sign that it's so obvious when a rider makes such a stark jump in power, perhaps it means that the whole field is moving at a relatively normal level. That would probably not noticed in earlier times.

Kittel is emotive, Degenkolb very proper and forthright and Martin a little more circumspect. Nice interview.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7542
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #549 on: May 05, 2013, 15:22 »
    Haven't read the whole thing yet, but Kittel should think better before dissing another rider (even when it's probably legitimate).
    The mountain jersey was Grechyn, not Sayar.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #550 on: May 05, 2013, 16:48 »
    Read it now.
    Having read the part about Sayar again, I've realized Kittel talks about the start of stage 2 - where Sayar was in the mountain jersey. My bad.
    I feel Kittel's answers are the well-known soundbites. Races too hard, making a cut at 2007 etc... Sounds like he's just regurgitating what others told him to say.

But it's good that they do a thing like this, and in a mainstream paper like the FAZ. The first reader comments (of course it's never a representative cross-section making these comments) don't make me very hopeful that the general stance in Germany will change soon, though.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #551 on: May 05, 2013, 16:51 »
    there was a whole page dedicated to in today in the print issue, so that was pretty big for a cycling related topic
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #552 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11 »

Thanks toe Arbs for the heads up

Best interview so far , some stupid questions ie asking what you think of this rider and that after white has said not going to discuss

zero tolerance = zero progress , well said

anyway watch I would suggest
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #553 on: May 06, 2013, 10:37 »
    Definitely a good interview. I can reiterate what just some guy said: Watch it!

He makes some good points, and if he's honest I think he's one of the "persons with a past" that could (should?) be involved in cycling in the future.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 325
    « Reply #554 on: May 06, 2013, 20:46 »
    I'm not making excuses for Whitey... he made some bad errors of judgement, but he's always been a good mate and a decent guy. Good interview etc...
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #555 on: May 06, 2013, 21:58 »
    OK, I've watched it at last. Good to here that they aired that Trent Lowe business, something with which I have never been very happy.

I do wish he would have said something about why his decision to dope was wrong.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    « Reply #556 on: May 07, 2013, 11:24 »
    about Pieter Vanspeybrouck's ongoing 3 month suspension, from today's Het Nieuwsblad (gt):

Tested negative, still suspended

Pieter Vanspeybrouck (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise) is suspended for three months. Because of doping. Or because he was too honest. An audit out of competition proved negative, but Vanspeybrouck told himself that he had used the banned product Duovent, that the team doctor had prescribed. "I screwed myself."

Renner. Doping. Disclaimer. You know now how it goes, but maybe just read the story of Peter Vanspeyborouck (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise) until the end. Because not everyone who is serving a suspension, is therefore a sinner. "I have been too honest" says Vanspeybrouck. "I just did what I always do: follow the rules," And then with a sigh: "I screwed myself. In late February Vanspeybrouck visit a physician control of the Flemish Community. Received "At six o'clock in the morning," he says. "The agreement is that you List on what medication you have used before. So that's why I said Duovent. I got that product from the team doctor on stage in Calpe. "This internship took place in January. "I was there when I asked the team doctor for the product Ventolin" says Vanspeybrouck. "I use that product my whole career." Ventolin is a 'puffer' that opens the airways and therefore is quite popular in the peloton. It used the product a 'TTN' (therapeutic use exemption) necessary, but now no longer. "At the time I have to undergo to prove that I really need the product testing," says Vanspeybrouck. "I take Ventolin certainly not just. 'Problem is that he gets on stage no Ventolin of the team doctor, but the conscious Duovent. Exact same product, says the doctor. "He assured me that there was no problem," said Vanspeybrouck. "And you believe a team doctor at his word." The rider is therefore completely innocent when the control doctor 'confesses' he used to have. Duovent "But this man told me once that I needed a certificate for it. I fell from the sky. I called the team and that the famous doctor blame. He did not know Duovent contained banned substances. "

Prohibited substance called fenoterol, but what appears after the check: the analysis of the urine sample is negative. But get Vanspeybrouck half months later in a letter stating that he should appear. Before the disciplinary committee of the federation Because he himself 'known' so. "Should I be mad at myself?" Asks Vanspeybrouck. "I've said it yourself shows that I have acted. Really good faith At the next check I'm doing the same thing. "

The conclusion is that today Vanspeybrouck three months suspended. A minimum penalty, because the disciplinary committee understands that there is no deception. "But I still like three months long. I lost my spring and I have myself not to blame. "The team doctor in question immediately resigned yesterday and did not respond. 'Unacceptable is too big a word, "says Vanspeybrouck. "But for me this is very heavy. I have been in a serious slump, but am now back in training. With extra motivation. You'll see from May 30, the day when I can cycle again. "
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 325
    « Reply #557 on: May 08, 2013, 14:58 »
    Dunno if this has been posted yet... just got it off Facebook...

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/anthony-tan/blog/127762/v-lo-files-open-letter-to-whitey
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #558 on: May 09, 2013, 20:30 »
    This seems very interesting

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130508/mas-deporte/operacion-puerto-antidopaje-ana-munoz_54373315371.html

if blood bags not released 50 cases to be reopened
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #560 on: May 16, 2013, 16:51 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/04/news/kreuziger-refuses-to-answer-questions-on-ferrari-and-ties-to-doping_283041

So will not discuss now , but after Romandie. Seems there is a statement on the way.

My guess I used him as a trainer only and did not dope.

I was correct

Roman Kreuziger admits working with banned Dr Ferrari

"When I started working with him I was 20 years old. I was in my first year as a professional, and at the time, I believed he was one of the best coaches in the world. That was why I contacted him back then," Kreuziger said in an e-mail to Cycling Weekly. "At that time I didn't know he was banned."

Asked if he ever doped, Kreuziger said, "No. Never."

Edit beaten by Dim with the link but I am going to keep my post to show I predicted something right  :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #561 on: May 16, 2013, 17:10 »
    Respect to JSG the dopesleuth. Got a strangely good handle on such matters...  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #562 on: May 16, 2013, 18:16 »
    Uncle bjarne says it's ok romain we believe you, race on son.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #563 on: May 17, 2013, 04:46 »
    #greenedge Vance report is in

Whitney to be 're hired

Stephen's an idiot but original he did not know ok.

Report summary can be downloaded here http://greenedgecycling.com/news/orica-greenedge-announces-vance-report-findings
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #564 on: May 17, 2013, 11:23 »
    Tanja ‏@bambula 1m
    The Czech cycling fed says they won't act on Kreuziger with the current information (via @Staghoj)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #565 on: May 21, 2013, 11:43 »
    may as well fit in here

seems an odd target of USADA , bigger fish to fry but rules are rules I guess

Authorities contemplate Armstrong’s stake in Bontrager team

and considering Big George is involved in a development team but he retired/6 months
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #566 on: May 24, 2013, 09:17 »
    Pier Bergonzi ‏@pierbergonzi 5m

Bad news... Danilo Di Luca positive! In surprise controll... Epo?
    The Killer is caught again. Can't say I'm surprised really.

From the looks of it, it's almost like an addiction to him. Get him into rehab, and away from cycling.
  • ReplyReply

• Jono L.

• Domestique
    • Liked: 428

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    « Reply #568 on: May 27, 2013, 09:02 »
    VERY good article
    http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2013/05/23/justice-in-sport/?utm_content=buffer13497&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

A new Australian Olympic Commission by law effectivley nullifies any athletes ability to 'plead the fifth', but the implications are that it may not stand up...

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 19, 2019, 19:18]

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 17, 2019, 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:36]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Drummer Boy