collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10826
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Michael Rasmussen
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:23 »
Chicken does not have his own thread just a big player in 3 others, Here is the the time for a confession ..... Chicken to announce what we all new but we should be happy the truth is coming out

http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/kyllingen-indroemmer-doping-i-dag

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-01-31-michael-rasmussen-indr%C3%B8mmer-doping-i-dag

@MikeKaltoft: TV 2 Sporten has learned that Michael Rasmussen will admit to doping from 1998-2010:

Anti Doping Danmark will also hold a press conference today at 15:30 (via @ThomasLund71 & @MikeKaltoft
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    Re: Michael Rasmussen
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:01 »
    Doped for the Vuelta a Chihuahua? flipping unforgivable.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9475
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07 »
    ...and for all his time on the mtb
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13 »
    ...and for all his time on the mtb

Everything except at CWO   :D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43 »
    To be fair, his time at CWO is still his most believable.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:54 »
    To be fair, his time at CWO is still his most believable.

true

reports are 2 years due to laying it all on the table -
    However DR Sport reports that he had given detailed evidence which is useful to the fight against doping, and also provided the names of other riders who also used banned substances.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13827/Michael-Rasmussen-expected-to-admit-long-term-doping-today.aspx#ixzz2JYMvuL4Y
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:58 »
    In fact, Christina Watches is Garmin without the media. Sign a million 'ex' dopers, and two awesome Australian talents. Vaughters was the messiah for the same admitting publicly thing. One rules the press....

Five blood bags, no? Were they all used in the race? How many transfusions are too many (not dope wise, but health wise)?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 13:03 »
    live media conference in Danish with Dutch highlights

http://nos.nl/nieuws/live/journaal24/

• ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3256
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 13:15 »
    Nabbing this from Twitter: read it from the bottom up!

Quote from: Jose Been on Twitter @tourdejose
    #Rasmussen press conference: “I know I cheated, and cheated on other riders. I will accept my punishment.”
    #Rasmussen press conference: “I used EPO, cortisone, insulin, Human Growth Hormone and blood transfusions. I told anti-doping authority ALL”
    #Rasmussen press conference: Rasmussen: “From today my cycling career is over. I want to cooperate with Danish institutions.”
    #Rasmussen press conference: Michael Rasmussen quits cycling and will be welcomed as Christina Watched DS after his suspension
    #Rasmussen press conference: Hembo: Rasmussen accepted his punishment. He rode his last race, and we thank him. He’s got a clear conscience=
    #Rasmussen press conference: screenshot. Rasmussen looks miserable

#Rasmussen press conference: Rasmussen told everything. He put all cards on the table, Christina Hembo says
    #Rasmussen press conference: We think Michael Rasmussen can be the key to clean cycling. We want a clean team (Christina Watches)
    #Rasmussen press conference: Claus Hembo speaks, owner of Christina Watches. He says Rasmusen offered to tell everything he experienced
    #Rasmussen press conference: Michael Rasmussen used doping from 1998 to 2010.
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 13:17 »
    OK with my Swedish here is what has happened/twitter helped

Was clean at CWO

Doped from 1998 - 2010

has told all

has been fired as a rider will return as a DS after ban

has told all to DADA and WADA, naming names but not in public

Used EPO, Insulin, HGH, Blood transfusion, Cortisone

Christina - made a statement which discussed the love of cycling , but then went on to discuss doping in sport ( not cycling all sports )

Says he cheated 
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 13:25 »
    I dunno why but I've always had a soft spot for the Chicken, he comes out of this looking better than most.
  • ReplyReply

• ansimi

• Domestique
    • Liked: 238
    « Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 13:57 »
    This could make a big impact! I know it might take a long time for names to come out but imagine all the people having to sweat this out and wonder how much he really spilled...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 14:36 »
    Michael Rasmussen doping admission Thursday dinner can get to pull one of the Danish cycling sports big names down with it.

Rasmusen has namely launched a major collaboration with anti-doping authorities under the banner 'to clean up and remove one of the sport's biggest problems'.

Now learn TV 2 Sport that Michael Rasmussen has mentioned Bjarne Riis' Nicki Sørensen, who has run the Dane's wings in a myriad of years and was chosen a future role at Saxo Bank, to anti-doping authorities for the cooperation.
    Nicki Sorensen is still active rider, and if Michael Rasmussen's allegations hold water, it will probably trigger a quarantine to Nicki Sørensen. Nicki Sorensen has never been convicted of doping.

- Michael Rasmussen after a dialogue with the Anti Doping Denmark decided to tell all about his experience with doping. In this context, last week and this week in Amsterdam and Copenhagen conducted interrogations of Michael Rasmussen, and here he has admitted to having used drugs throughout most of his career - including in 2007 when he drove in the yellow leader's jersey in the Tour de France and he in the period up to was unavailable for doping control, according to a recently published press release from Anti Doping Denmark.
    It says Director of Anti Doping Denmark, Lone Hansen:
    - I have no comment on what information about whom, Michael Rasmussen has made during interrogations, and it is too early to say whether there are more cases in the pipeline. But it is my opinion that Michael Rasmussen during interrogations have responded honestly to our questions and contributed actively to shed light on the doping practices in sport.
    It has not been possible to get a comment from Nicki Sørensen.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 16:08 »
    I think we all liked the Chicken. His brazil thing was farcicle but I think we all thought at the time he was being made a scapegoat for many.

On the confession, good on him. Its hard to know if the Danish authorities had a ton of evidence and he was pushed, or of he voluntarily came forward. If its the latter which on the whole it appears to be, huge props. admitting but also not doing this doping stopped in 2006 thing.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 852
    « Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 17:36 »
    Speak for yourself, dim, I never liked him. Glad he finally stopped the charade.
  • ReplyReply

• l29205

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 127
    « Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 18:13 »
    I was never really a fan but did think he was set-up as a scapegoat.  A better confusion than most.  I would suspect there are a lot of scared people out there wondering what he said.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1738
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 18:38 »
    They had his name in the USADA Report from Levi's statement, and with T. Dekker collaborating with the dutch it was only a matter of time really.

The consequences from this could be huge, Nicky Soerensen could fall (Although he has already been proven to dope in a danish documentary, along with Rolf Soerensen) and potentially the entire Saxo team. A lot of evidence against former Rabobank riders, apparently he gave up all the names he knew, Menchov and Boogerd are almost certain to be mentioned, he has given information to the dutch, danish, american and WADA. If Lance does the same to WADA then  there would be few countries left untouched.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 18:56 »
    I think Riis could be in big trouble. Rabobank, not sure, they seem to be making the right moves at the moment to distance themselves from the past, they may escape. Most of the riders are elsewhere now.

It also raises big questions about other riders, Contador and Evans for example. Rasmussen did five blood bags in the 2007 tour, along with epo and cortisone. Yet contador and Evans kept up with him, finished 7 minutes in front of the field. Hmm..
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9475
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 19:13 »
    It also raises big questions about other riders, Contador and Evans for example. Rasmussen did five blood bags in the 2007 tour, along with epo and cortisone. Yet contador and Evans kept up with him, finished 7 minutes in front of the field. Hmm..

it could, yep, although Evans was never really up there with them, he lost time on more or less every mountain finish. Without the timetrials him, Zubeldia and Sastre would have all been within ~one minute.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 19:18 »
    I agree I doubt that the new Blanco team will be affected, but the riders of the old Rabo team will be, I expect that Rabo in the 0's could be more uncovered than USPostal, and any rider who has rode for other teams might open a whole new chapter, I wonder if the cleanup will ever hit spain though, the judge in the Fuentes case said she didn't need his clients, what???
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 20:31 »
    Rasmussen interview on now on tv2
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 21:05 »
    I think the interesting thing in the interview was what he left out. In the deal he made he is not allowed to mention any names to the media, so the things he refused to comment on was major, he refused to comment on if Riis knew he doped, and if he was buying a centrifuge in the late 0's in Austria. This is going to be a major break over the next few days.
  • ReplyReply

• ansimi

• Domestique
    • Liked: 238
    « Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 21:13 »
    I know he won't be able to talk about other people but I hope we won't have to wait too long for details about his own doping. That's a pretty long list of substances!

Edit to add: I've seem some mentions of MS co-operating with US anti-doping along with Danish and Dutch. What would be the likely reason for US involvement?
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 852
    « Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 07:02 »
    It would be a weird kind of revenge against Contador if Rasmussen's revelations end up killing Saxo-Tinkoff before the season even gets going.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 13:23 »

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Rasmussen about showing his blood values: "Those numbers wouldn't raise any eyebrows, but I did in fact not ride clean"

@ciclismo2005 @CulturaCiclista Verner Møller and Michael Rasmussen are working on a new book about the system behind all the doping.

Might be the book rather than another book re doping ?

Blood values are interesting above the rise in Hemocrit levels in the later values of the 2007 tour would be a worry I think ?????
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 13:55 »

Blood values are interesting above the rise in Hemocrit levels in the later values of the 2007 tour would be a worry I think ?????
    I know nothing about blood, but doesn't that haemoglobin percentage seem healthy for a person racing 20 day tours?

Also just spotted 2007. That is wonky.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 16:08 »

2007 tour certainly is a bit off, but also an interesting insight. If we now know that he took multiple blood bags during that tour, the rise in hct is almost negligable. Enough to trigger suspicion, yes, enough to make a bio passport conviction?

Anyone think Rasmussen could turn out to be bigger than Landis
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 16:28 »
    2007 tour certainly is a bit off, but also an interesting insight. If we now know that he took multiple blood bags during that tour, the rise in hct is almost negligable. Enough to trigger suspicion, yes, enough to make a bio passport conviction?

Anyone think Rasmussen could turn out to be bigger than Landis

From what I'm hearing and reading, way bigger

Landis just wanted to compete, road for 2 teams his book will be a lance based book

Floyd wanted to burn down cycling, I think with 12 years a 2 major team programs with names involved Rasmussen will.

Plus Rasmussen has more issues with the uci.

• ReplyReply

• Hugo Koblet

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 153
    « Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 18:27 »
    They had his name in the USADA Report from Levi's statement, and with T. Dekker collaborating with the dutch it was only a matter of time really.

The consequences from this could be huge, Nicky Soerensen could fall (Although he has already been proven to dope in a danish documentary, along with Rolf Soerensen) and potentially the entire Saxo team. A lot of evidence against former Rabobank riders, apparently he gave up all the names he knew, Menchov and Boogerd are almost certain to be mentioned, he has given information to the dutch, danish, american and WADA. If Lance does the same to WADA then  there would be few countries left untouched.
    Which documentary is that?
  • ReplyReply
  • All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.