collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10819
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ciranda

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 155
Re: Michael Rasmussen
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2017, 00:02 »
https://twitter.com/MRasmussen1974/status/867384368653889536

Cassani saw a cyclist in heavy rain and recognized Rasmussen immediately even in rainclothes. Cassani stopped his car to ask if he needed anything but Rasmussen needed no help and continued. That was in june. Cassani talked about the meeting in RAI's transmission of stage 8, which Rasmussen won and where he got the maillot jaune, to illustrate how dedicated Rasmussen was. They were friends and Cassani called Rasmussen, crying, the evening when he was in the hotel in Spain after Rabobank had ended his race. Cassani also offered to change what he had said in the interview.

The story was broken by a man called Niels Christian Jung. He was not a good reporter at all. His thing was going through stuff left in teams' hotel rooms after they had left and he turned that into a couple of documentaries but that got old fast.

Now I still really really want to know who told Jung what Cassani had said.

Jung does not understand italian and could not have watched that stage on RAI anyway. And it was nine days later. The whereabout story started of course when DCU broke all privacy rules about apparently cause of a grudge between the director and Rasmussen.

It was the last of a long line of very crazy improbable events that all had to happen/be made to happen/be framed by hostile media (the rest day press conference about doping is one of the ugliest things ever) for the race to end like it did.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 00:16 by ciranda »

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.