collapse

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 3364
    • Velorooms
  • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
Music Room 101
« on: February 02, 2012, 14:14 »
1/ People who feel the need to headbang to Bohemian Rhapsody. It aint clever, it aint funny and it DOES NOT make you cool.

(this also applies to people who say Party, or Excellent"

2/ Tiffany

3/ Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights. Firstly its  a dire song, secondly it was the song that spawned soft rock albums which ultimately led to Glee and Dont Stop Believin. Unforgivable

Which brings me onto

4/ Any album that has the words "the greatest.... in the world ever" - No it isnt, the only thing it is the greatest pile of sh*te in the world ever

5/ Anything that contains the words "Ibiza" or "Anthems". Do I need to explain why.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Re: Music Room 101
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 14:18 »
    6/ NKOTB (Or New kids on the block for those that dont remember). If not for these guys there would have been no Take That, no Backstreat Boys, no East 17, and what a wonderful world that would have been.

7/ Mike Flowers - spawned the start of a dire period of time when people thought Austin Powers was funny. I blame mike

8/ Paridise by the dashbard light - You just know those two students in the corner who have sat their all night sipping halves of cider and black and poring over the karaoke book. Clearly on there first date and debating wether to sing Summer Dreams. But no, its that old favourite. You know its going to be the last song of the night, you know they arent going to be able to sing, and you know its going to last 15 fornicating minutes. Drink up, go home before they start.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 14:33 by Dim »

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 14:22 »
    9/ Black Box, Ride on Time - Nothing particular against this song, but it spawned ten years of dance music, meaningless lyrics, and loud banging noises.

10/ Jive Bunny - Nuff said

11/ Bands that feel the need to count songs in by shouting 1,2,3,4. For christ sake, just tap on the side of the drum, use your foot, look at each other and mouth it, but shouting 1,2,3,4 makes it pretty obvious to everyone that you are about to do a really bad cover version of "smells like teen spirit" and that your drummer is about 55 and living out his second childhood.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 14:25 by Dim »

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 14:35 »
    12/ Aled flipping Jones
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 14:43 »
    I like Journey so bah humbag to #3.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Cobblestones

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 4
    « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 15:22 »

5/ Anything that contains the words "Ibiza" or "Anthems". Do I need to explain why.

I don't know about Ibiza Anthems, but 'Anthem of the sun' by the Grateful Dead is a pretty good album. So, no, I disagree with #5.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 15:23 by Cobblestones »
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 15:46 »
    ah but thats anthem, not anthems  :P
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 20:11 »
    Nobody could have been happier than me when they announced in early 2005 the long-anticipated return of Kate Bush with her album Aerial.

The album turned out to be terrific except for the deeply cringeworthy Bertie, which is basically a Bushy paean to her little kid. Sweet idea, but too personal and too nonsensical.

When I later ripped the CD to MP3, I permanently deleted that track. Out of her whole enormous repetoire, it is still the only KB track I do not like.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 20:12 by L'arriviste »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 21:09 »
    I like Journey so bah humbag to #3.

Well if you like Journey you clearly love glee. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 21:53 »
    Well if you like Journey you clearly love glee. :D

"Say it again! I dare you! I double-dare you!"
  • ReplyReply

• tick

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 01:36 »
    anything by christopher cross makes me extremely ill.
  • ReplyReply

• tick

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38 »
    in the last 3 years or so i've suddenly found the eagles to be one of the most annoying bands ever. and i used to like them  :-[
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32 »
    Madonna

the person, the music, everything about here. apart from the headcases version of her. that is pretty much how i see her in real life.

• ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 02:49 »
    Rap, hip hop, mc  and anyone else with an iq below 50 trying to pass off their failed 2nd grade english reports as art.

Also dance, trance, electro and all that loud sh*t to which even fans can only "dance to" (ie wave hands about) after they have taken a substantial amount of e or k or m.

To conclude, anything that doesn't have a  musician playing an instrument.  Computers doesn't count. If you cant play it in a room without electricity, it doesn't count.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 02:56 »
    Rap, hip hop, mc  and anyone else with an iq below 50 trying to pass off their failed 2nd grade english reports as art.

Also dance, trance, electro and all that loud sh*t to which even fans can only "dance to" (ie wave hands about) after they have taken a substantial amount of e or k or m.

To conclude, anything that doesn't have a  musician playing an instrument.  Computers doesn't count. If you cant play it in a room without electricity, it doesn't count.

So the vast majority of mainstream "music"?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:57 by The Arbiter »

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 03:15 »
    But most of all what I call plagarism. Modern "stars" taking old good songs, stealing the rythm and beat and adding rap to it - ie making it worse, then selling it off as their creation.

Im not going to waste this post with other examples because  by far the greatest crime against music in history is a retard band called "black eyed pees" who got famous with a "song" (not what I would call it)  where they repeat the word "shut up " 50 times, DESTROYING the great 60's brazilian song Mas que nada

They took the song, and (c)rapped over it in certain parts, with dumb comments like "check it out" before the music hits, and a totaly nonsensical rap halfway through.

The tragedy is that now the majority of the world population thinks they are to be credited for all the great samba parts everyone likes even though even in their own remix they have nothing to do with that part.

They gave the same treatment to the pulp fiction tune :-[

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:18 by The Hitch »

blutto

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 52
    « Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 04:29 »
    ....oh fur shure dude...a good example being the following...

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 18:00 »
    I love this track but the Video fucks it basically.    Possibly a contender to David Bowie for the lamest ever Video.       

• ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 18:14 »
    Said Bowie Vid.   
    Another top track, probably my fave Bowie record but yet again completely ruined by a totally pathetic video.   ???

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1739
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 13:13 »
    This really needs to be here as it may perhaps be the worst song ever made, now when you have made a terrible song, why not spice it up with terrible basketball highlights? When shooting air-balls and that makes the highlight tape you must really not have played much.
  • ReplyReply

•