collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10731
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stop-judging-us-demands-bombers-chairman-20130704-2perh.html

Expert pharmacological advice sought by Essendon has convinced the club that AOD-9604 has no performance-enhancing qualities and that it would be having no ongoing effects on its players, if used as part of last season's supplement program.

then why take it - the bs is getting better
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3814616.htm

AFL club Essendon has been at the centre of an investigation into a controversial supplements regime and there are now claims that coach James Hird was behind that regime from its start.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    Haha, now that would be a twist. I wonder who taught Hirdy the tricks of the trade.

Oh well, congrats Michael Voss for being a lone Brownlow-medallist. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3392
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    interesting ...

I do find it hard to believe that Hird knew nothing or wasnt involved.

When (not if) they are sanctioned, I wonder if Hird too will face a lengthy ban.  I dont think they can strip his own results, but certainly they can ban him from association with any club for 2 years the same as the players.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    I know essendon have been using supplements for years 1988 for sure.

Not sure illegal or not but they were heavy into protein amino acids etc.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    straight out the UCI play book

when the heat in on sacrifice a Lamb , give the frenzied mob what they need

St Kilda's Ahmed Saad faces two-year drugs ban

• ReplyReply

• thrawn

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 5
    straight out the UCI play book

when the heat in on sacrifice a Lamb , give the frenzied mob what they need

St Kilda's Ahmed Saad faces two-year drugs ban

Quote from the article:

'Although the AFL is understood to have accepted the player could have taken the banned substance in error...'

Sure, I believe it too.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    The Weapon being interviewed on channel 7

Hird is fliped - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/live-dean-robinsons-tellall-interview-on-seven-20130731-2qzih.html the age doing a text of the interview , more to come
  • ReplyReply

• thrawn

• Sunday Rider
    The Weapon being interviewed on channel 7

Hird is fliped - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/live-dean-robinsons-tellall-interview-on-seven-20130731-2qzih.html the age doing a text of the interview , more to come

Yeah can't see Hird surviving all of this in the end. I think he's only made it this far as he was one of the game's poster boys.

Gotta love this part:

'Retired Essendon midfielder Mark McVeigh says he believes the improvement in players strength and conditioning last season was not due to supplements or injections, but hard work.
    He talks about the huge increase the players did in weight training loads, particularly with leg weights.'

Of course, the drugs have no impact. All due to hard work.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    yeah - while the interview didnt really tell us much that wasnt already known ... I cant see Hird surviving this.

Even if they dont get banned for PED's ... Ben Cousins was banned for 12 months for 'bringing the game into disrepute' ... without a posative test and not for any kind of performance enhancing drug.

And West Coast got sanctions too.

What would the rest of the teams do if Essendon isnt sanctioned in some way?   

the issue is ... they are leaving it pretty late.    Doesnt give much time for Essendon to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Assuming they get sanctioned - and their points are stripped ... they will be kicked out of the finals.   Assuming they then appeal - what happens then?

Can they get an injunction to be allowed to play the finals?  what happens if they win the first and say second final, and then lose their appeal?   Do the teams they beat get let back in?

What happens if they cant get an injunction so are out of the finals .. but then win the appeal at CAS?   

HUGE MESS  :fp
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Yeah can't see Hird surviving all of this in the end. I think he's only made it this far as he was one of the game's poster boys.

Gotta love this part:

'Retired Essendon midfielder Mark McVeigh says he believes the improvement in players strength and conditioning last season was not due to supplements or injections, but hard work.
    He talks about the huge increase the players did in weight training loads, particularly with leg weights.'

Of course, the drugs have no impact. All due to hard work.

aye the old the drugs don´t work statement - then why flipping take them :fp

been used a few times lately

just for BYOP -
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    ifthe drugs doen work - why has the company applied for patents based on the muscle regeneration capacity of this drug?

• ReplyReply

• thrawn

• Sunday Rider
    Now all we need is Jobe Watson's dad to come out and tell us that they're all clean again.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    aye the old the drugs don´t work statement - then why flipping take them :fp

been used a few times lately

just for BYOP -

Wigan is the home of the Verve  ergo Wiggins is on dope. :P
  • ReplyReply

• thrawn

• Sunday Rider
    "However, the series of allegations made by Dean Robinson on Channel 7 ... are totally without foundation. They are coming from a disgruntled, disaffected and discredited ex-employee."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-threaten-legal-action-over-robinsons-outrageous-claims-20130801-2r09v.html#ixzz2afk5TF8t

Disgruntled and discredited. I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before :P
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    It is pretty funny the uci playbook being used and even the media playing tunes of 2000
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

AG

• Monument Winner
    Good article - worth a read.

IMO the players will all face a 6  month ban ... possibly from mid August - mid January ... (2 yrs reduced to 6 months under the 'substantial assistance' clause.

Essendon will have to be stripped of points.  They cannot have a situation where a club injects its players with banned substances as a club initiative and not sanction them.   (even if its decided that the supplements were not banned, surely it has to fall under 'bringing the game into disrepute)   

Essendon will then probably appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport with the argument that AOD96** is not a drug but is a food (which they should lose, but who knows with CAS)

Its what happens then that I am really unsure of.

Are the players suspended pending the appeal?   Are Essendon allowed to play in the finals pending the appeal?   thats not something you can take back ...
  • ReplyReply

• rata

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 4
    It is pretty funny the uci playbook being used and even the media playing tunes of 2000
    It's the spindoctors handbook of crisis management. They all sing the same tune.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

AG

• Monument Winner
    right - so the biggest story in football in 100 years ... and the CEO is overseas (looking for help for a game thats only played in australia  :rolleye )

• ReplyReply

• thrawn

• Sunday Rider
    right - so the biggest story in football in 100 years ... and the CEO is overseas (looking for help for a game thats only played in australia  :rolleye )

Second in charge is overseas also I think?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 20:07 by thrawn »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Hein and Pat must be proud
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-players-given-banned-drugs-20130806-2rdvs.html

So banned drugs used report out, but a mess so maybe the AFL might just be able to fine and lift the carpet and move on
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Arb

• Road Captain
    Just quietly, it's pretty funny to see Hardie going FR over this.
  • ReplyReply

• z-tech

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 11
    Martin Hardie has mainly been commenting about the NRL investigation hasn't he? I haven't seen much from him as I have been following the Essendon one more closely. What these investigations need is some Trent Lowe or Rider xyz comments from Hardie ;)

The thing I find amusing is that nearly everyone  forgets WADA can trump any deals that may be done. For once the AFL is not a law unto itself.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    This is him https://twitter.com/auskadi

I mean I can see where he is coming from, but it's not exactly balanced.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    what is shaping up as likely is announcements tomorrow or tuesday that Essendon will probably be charged with "bringing the game into disrepute" ... and the club will be stripped of premiership points for this season, perhaps some draft picks for next year or the next couple, a fine and possibly sanctions against the management, coaching and medical staff.

The ASADA report is apparently very of Essendon's management and control/governance ... but does not actually recommend charges to be laid against the players.

So - we have a completely ridiculous situation of ASADA having investigated for over 6 months now ... with the club captain coming out on national television ADMITTING to taking PED's ... and ASADA still saying 'we dont think sanctions against the players can be proven.

:fp

If that happens (what the media are suggesting) ... then I think WADA will appeal.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by LukasCPH
    [Today at 16:43]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by search
    [Today at 16:41]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by cj2002
    [Today at 16:38]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by LukasCPH