collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11384
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Nutrition
« on: February 05, 2013, 13:42 »
1st important thing is that everyone is different and what works for one may not work for others.

from our shoutbox convo Larri it should like when the initial fuel is burnt off your body finds it hard to find new fuel, normally the body will turn to Fat 1st, then muscle.

This will improve the more you ride again after your break.

What I would recommend is more fuel more often and break this into 2 types. 1 the slow burn fuel carbs type stuff like in the picture and 2 basic sugar.

The sugars will be burnt 1st and the slower stuff later plus the heavy stuff stops you from feeling hungry. You will also need to get better at listening to your body, ie I am hungry and about to bonk, once you start peddling squares with a bear on your back too late.

say we take your 50 km ride
 a bar or banana at with half a chocolate bar at about 20 km then another something ie  ontbijtkoek at 35 km with another little bit of chocolate plus heaps of water

see how that goes see if you get home feeling better or even ride from longer.

As for after - water some say cows milk and maybe even some of lim´s rice cakes.

No sugar

notsure if that helps but what works for you may not work for me
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014