collapse

search

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 9442
  • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: Formula 1 - 2013
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 18:53 »
my favorite F1 show The Flying Lap has been cancelled for a lack of money (what a joke, the costs for that show must be peanuts for everyone involved in F1 funding) - so that's not exactly a good start...

there's a new online show with Peter Windsor, The racer's edge, if anyone is interested, it will be live on youtube in 10 minutes. This week's guest is Craig Scarborough, who's technical knowledge is jsut incredible. I do not understand most of the stuff he is talking (and writing about) but it's still fascinating

http://www.youtube.com/peterwindsor
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 05:16 »
    "@JollyBagman: Sebastian Vettel backflips on apology to Webber.....
    http://t.co/93rxvUMfFL"

Sebastian Vettel says Mark Webber didn't deserve to win Malaysian Grand Prix

SEBASTIAN Vettel has admitted his decision to defy team orders and overtake Mark Webber to win the Malaysian Grand Prix was motivated by revenge.

In an astonishing interview before Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix, Vettel said his decision to snatch the victory from Webber in Malaysia amounted to payback.

Vettel said: "Being completely honest, I've never had support from his side. There has been more than one occasion when he could have helped the team, but didn't."

Yikes!

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/motor-sport/sebastian-vettel-says-mark-webber-didnt-deserve-to-win-malaysian-grand-prix/story-fnec578q-1226619053063
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 07:51 »
    yeah, finally it's race weekend again, so back to business - I don't mind that. But he has to prove it now and destroy Webber on the track this weekend if he does not want to make a fool out of himself
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 08:43 »
    I hear you! Exciting stuff :)
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48 »
    Just saw this

"@andrewbensonf1: Must-read stuff from @LewisHamilton in his latest BBC column, on team orders and his first two races with Mercedes http://t.co/Vb2wvrOVIF"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22115827
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 06:10 »
    Quali this morning, woohoo.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 20:43 »
    Webber out again! Ran out of fuel? Um.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #37 on: April 14, 2013, 12:36 »
    Happy for Alo, and even Jenson's 5th was a highlight. Regarding all the DRS issues:

"@f1zone: News filtering in that no further action has been taken on the DRS infringements #f1 #ChineseGP"
  • ReplyReply

• Kvinto

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 141
    « Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 13:12 »
    This was an excellent race. Any race that sees Christian Horner's 'favourite child' out of podium is a win in my book.

Poor Webber was given a three-pace grid penalty for Bahrain for the incedent with Jean-Eric Vergne. Ironically all the sh*t that happened to Mark this racing weekend took place at the moment when he was just ahead of his obnoxious teammate  :angry
  • ReplyReply
  • "Women buy stuff at sales for the same reason men climb mountains - because they're there" (from 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King)

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 17:31 »
    Watched a bit of this this afternoon, first time in a long long time, and can see why its losing popularity..

How confusing?? What the hell happened to good old fashioned graphics with

Driver 1/Team -----------------gap--------------- Driver 2/Team

and then

Driver 2/team ----------------- gap -------------- Driver 3/team

I watched for about ten minutes.. after ten minutes of trying to decipher the 3 letter driver names, work out what team they were driving for, and try and figure out the time gaps, I gave up.. non the wiser.. Alonso was leading but beyond that I was totally clueless.

How the hell new viewers are supposed to cope I dont know..
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53 »
    "@f1enigma: Bahrain Grand Prix: Hackers Anonymous threaten Bernie Ecclestone with online anarchy unless he... http://t.co/jG6jHeIEE3 via @MailOnline"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2309459/Bahrain-Grand-Prix-Hackers-Anonymous-threaten-Bernie-Ecclestone-online-anarchy-unless-calls-race.html

I have to say I have heard loads of what is happening in Bahrain, and I would prefer the race not to take place there.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 06:56 »
    Ditto.  But as far as Bernie is concerned, money talks, and everything else can take a hike. 

Force India were attacked in some way last year to/from the Bahrain track, so can't imagine they are looking forward to it too much. 
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 07:44 »
    "@andrewbensonf1: Bernie Ecclestone says he understands Bahrain protestors' grievances and is willing to meet opposition figures http://t.co/7lY65PGXQH"

If some of his past comments have made light of the unrest, he made clear this time that he understood both sides of the argument and was not insensitive to the opposition.

"We are extremely sympathetic to them," he said. "Don't forget, I was the one, when we had the apartheid in South Africa, who pulled the race."

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKL3N0D378320130416?irpc=401

International man of mystery?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 09:36 »
    Watched a bit of this this afternoon, first time in a long long time, and can see why its losing popularity..

How confusing?? What the hell happened to good old fashioned graphics with

Driver 1/Team -----------------gap--------------- Driver 2/Team

and then

Driver 2/team ----------------- gap -------------- Driver 3/team

Dave, this just makes you sound like a grumpy old man ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Kvinto

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 141
    « Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 13:26 »
    Yep, I'd say f1 saw much worse times in terms of watchability and current graphs is quite OK. There's been a lot of bs seasons in noughties, that pushed me to give up watching f1 at some point to only come back last year and what I saw appeared more watchable to me. It's more like they're on the upwards trend, regaining the popularity they've lost, than vice versa, though that's only my personal impression which I cannot back up with numbers.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 13:36 »
    Dave, this just makes you sound like a grumpy old man ;)

Not grumpy.. just didnt get it.. Having not watched for a while I dont know which team everyone is racing for, and there was no indication onscreen of what team they raced for.. And all those three letter code names..

If youve been watching F1 a while you know what all the three letter codes are, you know what teams everyone is racing for, but as a newbie or someone like me who hasnt watch in years it was confusing as hell.. i gave up..
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 14:16 »
    If youve been watching F1 a while you know what all the three letter codes are, you know what teams everyone is racing for, but as a newbie or someone like me who hasnt watch in years it was confusing as hell.. i gave up..

yeah, I believe it may be confusing at the start but it's a matter of 5 minutes to figure that out and the current information level is way better suited to regular viewers. I mean, you look at a startlist before you watch a cycling race (where are 200 starters), it's not so much of a problem to look up 22 F1 drivers.

And it's not like the three letter code for Lewis Hamilton is XYZ, it's HAM

F1 is way better than a couple of years ago, more entertaining and diversified
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 162
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 14:23 »

...compared to a certain sport where you mainly see everyone from a helicopter or the front and where you cannot see anyone's numbers...  without the commentators calling the names you wouldn't have a clue who the torsos passing the camera actually are....    :D
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6166
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 14:34 »
    ...compared to a certain sport where you mainly see everyone from a helicopter or the front and where you cannot see anyone's numbers...  without the commentators calling the names you wouldn't have a clue who the torsos passing the camera actually are....    :D
    The difference is that these competitors move forward on their own power, while the others push pedals and turn a wheel to control an engine that moves them around.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 14:42 »
    nah, that's a totally different matter
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 17:04 »
    Fyi Dim.  As Search said, it's just the first 3 letters of their surnames.  Only exception was Schumacher who for some reason was MSC, rather than SCH.  Anywho...

Red Bull: Vettel = VET, Webber = WEB
    Ferrari: Alonso = ALO, Massa = MAS
    McLaren: Button = BUT, Perez = PER
    Mercedes: Hamilton = HAM, Rosberg = ROS
    Lotus: Raikkonen = RAI, Grosjean = GRO
    Force India: Di Resta = DIR, Sutil = SUT
    Toro Rosso: Riccardo = RIC, Vergne = VER
    Sauber: Hulkenberg = HUL, Gutierrez = GUT
    Williams: Maldonado = MAL, Bottas = BOT
    Marussia: Bianchi = BIA, Chilton = CHI
    Caterham: Van Der Garde = VDG, Pic = PIC

And Sir Stirling... Discuss  :rolleye
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22083547
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 17:08 »
    Only exception was Schumacher who for some reason was MSC, rather than SCH.

it's because there were two of them, Michael and Ralf.

and btw, Ralf has left F1 a couple of years ago, so we might have these three letter codes since 10 years or something like that
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 17:11 »
    it's because there were two of them, Michael and Ralf.

and btw, Ralf has left F1 a couple of years ago, so we might have these three letter codes since 10 years or something like that

Knew it was something like that, but could never work out why (during his comeback at least...) seeing as Ralf wasn't around any more
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 22:10 »
    Following on from Stirling Moss's comments, documentary on BBC about Suzie Wolff - really interesting.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rk3bv/Driven_The_Fastest_Woman_in_the_World/
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 22:46 »
    and of that list I have heard of 8 of them.. (i wac
    Fyi Dim.  As Search said, it's just the first 3 letters of their surnames.  Only exception was Schumacher who for some reason was MSC, rather than SCH.  Anywho...

Red Bull: Vettel = VET, Webber = WEB
    Ferrari: Alonso = ALO, Massa = MAS
    McLaren: Button = BUT, Perez = PER
    Mercedes: Hamilton = HAM, Rosberg = ROS
    Lotus: Raikkonen = RAI, Grosjean = GRO
    Force India: Di Resta = DIR, Sutil = SUT
    Toro Rosso: Riccardo = RIC, Vergne = VER
    Sauber: Hulkenberg = HUL, Gutierrez = GUT
    Williams: Maldonado = MAL, Bottas = BOT
    Marussia: Bianchi = BIA, Chilton = CHI
    Caterham: Van Der Garde = VDG, Pic = PIC

And Sir Stirling... Discuss  :rolleye
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22083547
    and having been away from F1 i have heard of a grand total of 8 of those..
    and the only ones i could tell you which team they were on was alonso and massa..
    hence my complete and utter confusion.. sure it used to be simpler.

it was definately easier when they had full names with their team name next to them..
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 22:49 »
    sorry Dim, but that's like switching on cycling and wondering why it's not Mario Cipollini who is wearing the rainbow jersey  :D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 08:37 »
    "@f1zone: Kovalainen rejoining Caterham means Rossi moves to GP2. Ma still part of the team, but no longer a reserve driver #f1"

What the?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 07:01 »
    It's da weekend and F1 time. I'm not happy with the location but I'm going to watch. I did consider not watching because of it, but in some way the F1 does highlight what is happening in Bahrain, so in that sense some good comes of it? A lot of people probably wouldn't even have a clue about what's going on there otherwise?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #58 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18 »
    "@fieldproducer: First picture of #F1's Bernie Ecclestone in #Bahrain shows why he thinks everything is absolutely fine... http://t.co/BI8YHloL"

• ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #59 on: April 20, 2013, 08:37 »
    haven't seen any of the people here wanting to go to Syria or Saudi Arabia," Ecclestone said with a shrug. "There are lots of places they could go – Iran, if they wanted. But they seem happy to stay."

Ecclestone, asked whether he still felt that the arrival here of his glamorous circus brought benefits to the country, said: "Absolutely. Think about it. Had you ever heard of Bahrain before this race? Nobody had. They thought it was somewhere south of Florida."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/ecclestone-defiant-as-bahrain-protests-rage-29209287.html

Paragraph 1 - Bernie 'Why-don't-they-eat-cake' you c*nt :nuts

Paragraph 2 - I think he's got a point.
  • ReplyReply

•