collapse

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 126
Formula 1 - 2013
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2013, 09:44 »
"@FakeTomita: Stars' tribute to Mark Webber on his 200th GP this Sunday! #f1 #webber  http://t.co/J7ehn7NhmB"

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/f1/posts/1331586910204/i-m-proud-to-have-made-the-200-club
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Re: Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #61 on: April 20, 2013, 11:32 »
    "@fieldproducer: First picture of #F1's Bernie Ecclestone in #Bahrain shows why he thinks everything is absolutely fine... http://t.co/BI8YHloL"

But in Bahrain there is soooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch mooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnney!  And Bernie likes that  ;)

Plus he's a total tool
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #62 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38 »
    But in Bahrain there is soooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch mooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnney!  And Bernie likes that  ;)

Plus he's a total tool

:lol Too true!
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9130
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #63 on: April 20, 2013, 11:42 »
    qualifying should be a cracker, Kimi is well within reach to get pole I think
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #64 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48 »
    qualifying should be a cracker, Kimi is well within reach to get pole I think

Agreed, I can't wait.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #65 on: April 20, 2013, 21:17 »
    Wait, hang on.  It's not Bernie's fault after all, it's that silly Bahranian government.  How silly of us to think otherwise...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 22:09 »
    Simply put, this race should not be taking place, not in this country. The same as we should not be giving countries like China who continue to murder 10's oif hundreds of people each year for minor crimes, olympic games, or bike races.

We are quick enough to impose sanctions on smaller countries, or places like SA during apartheid, but places with money, get a free pass whatever human rights laws they break.. Mosques destroyed, human rights activists imprisoned without trial, systematic discrimination against the Shia population, described as "apartheid" by multiple scholars and writers, medical workers imprisoned.. Disgraceful country.

but this is for the politics thread..
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #67 on: April 21, 2013, 20:37 »
    H O L Y   S H I T!  W H A T   A   R A C E!

And Vettel *might* just get a taste of what Sagan did just a few weeks ago..

http://chrisonf1.com/2013/04/21/vettel-puts-his-foot-in-his-mouth/
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #68 on: April 21, 2013, 21:39 »
    You gotta give it to Fernando Alonso

"@SomersF1: The DRS top flap of @alo_oficial was actually wide open for laps 5,6 and 7. Exceptionally skillful driving!"

and then he managed to hang in there with the big boys with no DRS for the rest of it.

Wow.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 21:47 »
    Simply put, this race should not be taking place, not in this country. The same as we should not be giving countries like China who continue to murder 10's oif hundreds of people each year for minor crimes, olympic games, or bike races.

I think the positive thing about having this grand prix in Bahrain is that it comes together with some kind of coverage about the problems and injustices over there which is not covert by mass media at all, apart from that.  Although the GP itself gives the government to exploit themselves in a positive way and they are certainly supported by Ecclestone, so it propably should not take place, yes.

today's race itself was still good though. Too bad Alonso couldn't find for the win due to his mechanical problem but apart from Vettel cruising to the victory there was a lot of very good race action
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #70 on: April 21, 2013, 21:49 »
    and then he managed to hang in there with the big boys with no DRS for the rest of it.

Wow.

yeah, but Ferrari screwed it up big time by not telling him not to use it anymore at first. If they did he would not have had to stop a 2nd time in 2 laps and propably could have even fighted for the podium, despite his problem

btw, it's a pity that Sutil lost more than a minute due to his contact with Massa in the 1st lap, from that point on he was matching Vettel's pace for the whole race but could not even score a point with that ~1 minute deficit.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #71 on: April 21, 2013, 22:24 »
    I think the positive thing about having this grand prix in Bahrain is that it comes together with some kind of coverage about the problems and injustices over there which is not covert by mass media at all, apart from that.  Although the GP itself gives the government to exploit themselves in a positive way and they are certainly supported by Ecclestone, so it propably should not take place, yes.

today's race itself was still good though. Too bad Alonso couldn't find for the win due to his mechanical problem but apart from Vettel cruising to the victory there was a lot of very good race action
    Yeh, give them a sporting event so we can all discover what aholes they are :( Sorry, nothing ever convinces me that certain places should have the privalege of hosting sports events.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #72 on: April 21, 2013, 22:29 »
    Yeh, give them a sporting event so we can all discover what aholes they are

I'm not talking about the event itself obviously. But did you read/hear anything about the situation in Qatar since the last grand prix?! I didn't
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #73 on: April 21, 2013, 22:34 »
    I'm not talking about the event itself obviously. But did you read/hear anything about the situation in Qatar since the last grand prix?! I didn't

Well i did, but then i follow anonymousops and various other reactionary groups on twitter. :D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #74 on: April 22, 2013, 06:50 »
    "@f1enigma: Lloyds Banking Group has sold its 25.3pc stake in the MarussiaF1 after it made huge losses and failed to perform on track. @FormulaMoney"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #75 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01 »

We are quick enough to impose sanctions on smaller countries, or places like SA during apartheid, but places with money, get a free pass whatever human rights laws they break.. Mosques destroyed, human rights activists imprisoned without trial, systematic discrimination against the Shia population, described as "apartheid" by multiple scholars and writers, medical workers imprisoned.. Disgraceful country.

but this is for the politics thread..

Dave, you and I are in agreement re all of the above. Just remember these countries are not the only states guilty of crimes against humanity. West is best and east is evil?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Re: Re: Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #76 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36 »
    Dave, you and I are in agreement re all of the above. Just remember these countries are not the only states guilty of crimes against humanity. West is best and east is evil?

When have I ever said that? I think USA having the death penalty is disgusting, and both Bush and Blair should be charged with war crimes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 162
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #77 on: April 23, 2013, 12:44 »
    Valid observation that I had been thinking of making...  nice one.

The race shouldn't have happened in either of the last two years.  But people need to be very careful to not overly generalize the observations.  I am pretty sure that it would be possible for someone who was willing to go to the effort to come up with a reason to attack the hosting of a GP in all existing host countries.

eg ( a LASZY eg though): 
    US - I thought they were in fiscal distress and fighting loudly about how to deal with deficit
    Australia - Treatment of Aborigines is ongoing, not to mention behaviour towards valid refugees who arrive by boat (whilst having a completely different attitude towards white refugees such as Tanzanians)
    Japan - Shouldn't they put the money towards the Tsunami relief effort?
    Britain - Contributor to dodgy (lets call it illegal for the sake of it) war in Iraq... with others above obviously
    Eurozone - so many countries that are close to fiscal collapse and many of those are running GPs....

Anyway, the above is tongue in cheek but you get the idea.  Comparative discussions open argument pathways that are the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 162
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    Re: Re: Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 12:45 »
    When have I ever said that? I think USA having the death penalty is disgusting, and both Bush and Blair should be charged with war crimes.

What I said.
    AFTER you
    using many more words....

LOL
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 13:16 »
    What I said.
    AFTER you
    using many more words....

LOL

I tend to reserve, my biggest hatred for those countries that commit crimes against their own people.. To an extent crimes of one country on another the international community is there to sort out.. Crimes against your own people seem to go largely unpunished.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #80 on: April 24, 2013, 20:10 »

Dave, if I was quoting you I would've
    quoted
    you - the question was there to make us look at the situation from another perspective - thought that was the point of a forum?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 11:40 »
    12 May in Barcelona. McLaren us due a big update, and have intimated that if this does not make the car competitive, there championship hopes will be transferred to 2014.

BOOOOOO!

Jenson did semi-okay, even with that car, I'm ever hopeful & optimistic. And how was Perez? Jensie is my first love, but McLaren is my team - I'll take it if Checo's got it.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 16:18 by kabloemski »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 12:51 »

19 years today
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #83 on: May 01, 2013, 16:18 »

19 years today

Yeah, can't beleive it's nearly 2 decades since.
  • ReplyReply

• S-Works

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 8
    « Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 05:30 »
    I've been a fan of Fernando Alonso since 2004...
    if Ferrari gave him a better car, right now he'd have 2 more titles to his name, I'm damn sure of this.
    Best driver in F1 right now, not only my opinion, but that of most of his colleagues.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:35 by S-Works »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #85 on: May 09, 2013, 22:41 »
    if anyone is interested, the new episode of The Racer's Edge has been released today

there's a long interview with Jarno Trulli which is awesome, he is so passionate, great guy
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #86 on: May 09, 2013, 22:45 »
    ....and while talking about Jarno, his pole lap in Monaco was propably one of the most perfect laps ever

• ReplyReply

• S-Works

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 8
    « Reply #87 on: May 10, 2013, 04:43 »
    My cousin in Italy lives across the street from his parents...
    I also met him here in Toronto a couple of years ago, he was promoting his wines, very down-to-earth guy.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Formula 1 - 2013
    « Reply #88 on: May 18, 2013, 13:56 »
    @f1fanatic_co_uk: Comment: Bungling the tyre row will give F1 a tainted title fight: http://t.co/HIQhYAjOxG #F1

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/05/18/f1-bungled-call-tyres/
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #89 on: June 20, 2013, 23:40 »
    not exactly F1 related, but there was an excellent interview with Allan McNish in today's show of The Racer's Edge, about his career and the 24 Hours of Le Mans

• ReplyReply

•