collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11071
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Fabian cancellara/Luigi
« on: February 07, 2013, 13:00 »
thanks To Search and TA and now doing the rounds on twitter

The same year Hamilton and his Rock Racing teammates were criticised by a prominent rider at another US race. ‘These guys shouldn’t be at the event’ the athlete told the press, pointing out that Hamilton’s and several of his teammates had been involved in Operacion Puerto. Hamilton was at the race but wasn’t racing.

During the next stage several of the Rock riders circled behind the offending rider. ‘Hey Luigi’ they heckled. ‘Luigi, flip you.’

Luigi was of course the rider’s Puerto code name. Only Luigi had never been caught and never been sanctioned.

who is Luigi -  Fabian Cancellera. apparently

here is the original 2008 report

http://velonews.competitor.com/2008/02/news/road/rock-trio-appear-at-stage-start_72391

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 15:11 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3952
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    Re: Re: Operation Puerto
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 13:16 »
    I am really, REALLY hoping you are wrong about that JSG    :(   :(    :'(
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 13:17 »
    I am really, REALLY hoping you are wrong about that JSG    :(   :(    :'(
    No idea but when you think it makes sense

We have the Riis link
    the Fränk link
    The Hamilton link all csc all about the same time

• ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 571
    « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 13:32 »
    Bigger question for me is what Riis did after Puerto.

He already had Andy flying in the 2007 Giro, O'Grady wins Roubaix, the 2008 Tour and so on.

Fuentes was too big, no surprise it came unstuck. Maybe afterwards he moved things closer to home into a smaller circle.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 13:38 »
    Its definitely Cancellara.

Proof

• ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 13:42 »

He already had Andy flying in the 2007 Giro, O'Grady wins Roubaix, the 2008 Tour and so on.

Fuentes was too big, no surprise it came unstuck. Maybe afterwards he moved things closer to home into a smaller circle.

yeah the Riis thing bothers me. 

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 15:01 »

Home remember the scando invented the sh*t , the skill set is still here  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Re: Fabian cancellara/Luigi
    « Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 15:14 »
    Have a read of this

Hamilton identifies "Luigi"

I especially like this section , but other bits are good as well , some crap but still

I insist that I put this link to me not because Hamilton reveals nothing new, but the two-bit journalists who are unable to put a name behind a nickname, despite the overwhelming evidence. We at times "are all but Valverde". 's interview Hamilton bleeding abounds in this topic: "I do not mean name, but there are plenty of journalists who follow the European Tour and exclusive secret and know that they are silent." To continue the circus. To continue their employment, not profession, prostituted and made ​​up of bitumen. "I take my responsibility for what I say and the mess it causes, but there are plenty of people who are in the know." And shut up.

:lol
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6746
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 15:17 »
    If Canc was doping in 2005-6, he may still be now.

If we assume that some of the bigger dope operations have been neutralised - Fuentes, Ferrari, Matschiner, Freiburg, Beltran - who's still out there to provide a discreet service?

- Luigi Cecchini (deep Fassa Bortolo and CSC links, possibly referred Canc to Fuentes?)
    - Georges Mouton

Bound to be a few operations we don't know about.

Plus, if someone would just go ahead and out Nicki Sorensen, we might get more on Cecchini. He has escaped more concrete allegations for years.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 16:12 »
    just to clarify, the Luigi extension is beleived to be that the customer was a client of Luigi Cecchini, not because of a physicall appearance.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7276
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 16:23 »
    No idea but when you think it makes sense

We have the Riis link
    the Fränk link
    The Hamilton link all csc all about the same time
    To be fair, Cancellara came to CSC in 2004. Hamilton was at Phonak that year, so they never were on the same team.
    Of course the fact that Cancellara rode for Fassa Bortolo before that isn't any less suspicious...
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Arb

• Road Captain
    « Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 16:23 »
    If Canc was doping in 2005-6, he may still be now.

If we assume that some of the bigger dope operations have been neutralised - Fuentes, Ferrari, Matschiner, Freiburg, Beltran - who's still out there to provide a discreet service?

- Luigi Cecchini (deep Fassa Bortolo and CSC links, possibly referred Canc to Fuentes?)
    - Georges Mouton

Bound to be a few operations we don't know about.

Plus, if someone would just go ahead and out Nicki Sorensen, we might get more on Cecchini. He has escaped more concrete allegations for years.

I thought Hamilton said that Cecchini stopped doping people and was instead referring them to Fuentes? I don't take Hamilton as speaking absolute truth but it doesn't sound unreasonable, especially now that we know his most famous client in recent times had to go elsewhere for his dope.

The thing is big operations aren't the way to go. We can't even compare Ferrari to Fuentes, as far as we know Schumi never provided blood bank services, only advisory. You still had to do the blood work yourself, as Lance did with his trusted inner circle. The logistics of transfusions are possible with a small number of people provided you know the more technical aspects of when to use EPO around withdrawal, when to recycle, how much EPO and volume expansion at infusion (I'm sure team doctors can help here). Landis says he was capable of this more or less on his own just with some logistics help. Contador presumably runs a relatively small shop and has since Puerto. I mentioned Riis post-Puerto which may have morphed into a Schlecks/Andersen setup.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 22:15 »
    interesting tweet from january 28th
    https://twitter.com/javitoatm/statuses/296038801871081472

Eufemiano Fuentes acojonando a medio mundo. Ojalá hable... rodarían las cabezas de los 'SMS' Sánchez, A.C, Clasicomano Luigi (Cancellara)...

ources Eufemiano ??acojonando?? half the world. Hopefully talk ... heads would roll 'SMS' Sanchez, AC, Clasicomano Luigi (Cancellara) ...do not forget that bags are not only cyclists (56 of 200, 30%). Athletes, boxers, footballers, swimmers ... Astérix, El hemodruida, 4142, Valv.Piti, AC, JJ, Birillo, Friend of Birillo, Bufalo, Zapatero, Huerta, Clasicómano cycling Luigi ... but no dogs. European Children must be happy, heroes get blind, so blind ... know not endure this difficult question.

the source of this is a blog post from ciclismo2005 on 24th january
    http://ciclismo2005.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/sobre-el-juicio-farsa-de-la-operacion.html&usg=ALkJrhix27Vy0XuCjhNvR146fB6rAraaAg

English google translate

On Monday begins-if no last minute delays, the trial of Operation Puerto, seven and a half years after the raid doping. Seven and a half years. In the foreign media, who have special envoys, there is much anticipation, and they even say that will be a senior trial. In the Provincial Court of Madrid.

The statement today will lower expectations, I assure you, it is quite tiresome watch is warming the show trial of two examples that I will tell. Yesterday Thomas Dekker, a runner who give to eat apart, said he would tell all he knows about doping Dutch authority, and began by saying that the code responds to Eufemiano "clasicómano Luigi".

Dekker was punished in a very curious way, began to gain weight and get drunk in Majorca, then rescued it for non-Girona-how Vaughters. As American exdrogadicto himself has acknowledged, "there is much work to do with this guy, he had a drug culture very rooted". For now, the road is 30 years and the last great that played was the 2007 Tour.

Why do you want to sing now? Clearly, the media seize on the trial, and also the existing tide these days in Holland. Of course, Dekker wants to continue as a professional, so do not expect much from his confession: for now, the last time he said he had begun brayed with EPO in 2006, in his second professional season: Saving Rabobank-young, for many years of cycling example that is always changing. Especially his past.

While it is true that Dekker was in 2005 to live in Tuscany to be closer Cecchini (Luigi), and is likely to do very well, which stopped in Hamilton's book-it diverted to Eufemiano, code is self-imposed corresponds to a very famous runner, a true mafia squad, which in 2006 and as a result of Operation Puerto, was removed from the Tour de France. His name is Fabian Cancellara, and his name will not appear at the trial of Operation Puerto, as the rest of cyclists and other athletes whose tests have been destroyed.

Also, yesterday also released by Holland's famous document known since the beginning of Operation Puerto, with the shopping list and the treatment they were to receive Liberty runners who participated in the 2005 Tour, which lists codes (rather abbreviations) and AC LL Sold as something new is one thing, with this headline: "Contador was in Operation Puerto". Yes beasts, and was even the few who came to testify at the preliminary.

The thing, because it has no other name, will grow by the day. To add flavor to the concoction, where the so-called mark Spain will look bad, yesterday the bodies and state security forces detained a shoplifter the doping, to give the impression that this evil is fought here, when we are at Swiss doping is the same as black money. Do not rule out further action on this line, where ever known to customers, before and after the trial.

Judgment?? Sham trial. On the bench will sit a gynecologist who is worth so silent that the punishment to which faces (two years in prison ever meet, lacking background) and some of his buddies / customers, and charged with crimes against public health. As I will be endlessly repeated his favorite means of propaganda, for that 22 May 2006 was not doping offense in Spain.

If it was tax evasion that worked reliably in Eufemiano network, if it was the machines and pharmaceuticals criogenizadoras hospital stolen by his gang, if it was fraud competitions adulterated by someone who had -wand under the nicknames that put many of their customers, the belt-to decide who won and who did not. Well, none of these pathways has been used. They sit on the bench because they were shoddy and had blood and plasma-patera floor with cardboard boxes full of medical waste.

And watch, to be defended: that if the hygienic conditions were optimal, that if they were professional, if quality materials used (stolen from public health) ... Crime? None. Your Honor, we are victims of a conspiracy theory that more like the sinister Torrelavega man whose interests were defended primarily by Carlos Bueren, former judge of the High Court converted the private sector, which is where the pasta moves. Interests protected in various ways.

The interest of the foreign press, which of course assumes that this is a country that banana-plant and will find multiple examples-is to see if it goes any name, the same as that of the AMA. Creatures! But how to output a name? And other sports! Officially, there was never any other sports in Operation Puerto, the little matter that the summary report on an athletics competition was a problem with the video camera propaganda Civil Guard, which we have already solved.

And in that, four years later, he recovered a code name Operation Puerto to have stronger evidence against an athlete who is now Senator-and therefore, volumetric, and not a cyclist, then you want to be say! Moving and look the other way, because the trial will not happen no nothing.

Notice how the thing is that the report against Armstrong Used incorporated bundles of Operation Puerto process, but are the least interesting, going back and forth with things firm: the volumes I, II and III, in which the home material that has survived the filtering and selection scandalous he underwent seized everything Eufemiano floors, are still not public knowledge, but a reporter mistakenly Brand publish one.

That material would still go far, but given the already produced gaffes (which would have been nice to between documents leaked to Arribas saw not just at the end, 18 Valv. (Piti)! Would have been throwing the bag and go!) will not be, lest we discover that lodigoporponerunejemploycualquierparecidoconlarealidadespuracoincidencia, one small carry a tennis player, athlete or any other representative of the brand Spain. A soldier.

The vast majority of cyclists involved in Operation Puerto ever have met sanction of the Spanish, who were 90%, only punishable Alejandro Valverde, and because they insisted from Italy. They have continued to compete all they wanted to do, to a greater or lesser extent, in 2007 were running Marcos Serrano, Isidro Nozal, Zaballa, Sevilla, Mancebo, Plaza ... by legal arguments and the regulations, and especially by the obstruction of justice never sporting sanctions were applied.

So who wants to follow the Operation Puerto trial from next week is free to do so, but keep in mind that it will be through the information of those that are hung medals for putting the front burner Manzano nine years ago, which published "are all but Valverde" and the same became Operation Puerto in Operation Coverup.

Seven and a half years for a trial can only be a farce. Another one in this long series.
     Jose Luis Martinez, Murcia cycling between 2001 and 2006, and implicated in Operation Puerto, arrested a drug store and blood. Most shocking is working (worked) to chaperon in the Tour of Spain, where there is no positive career since 2005, and this has been canceled by the judge. It is the image that gives Spain the world in anti-doping. Come on, that Martinez was moving at ease in the national squad.

Of course, the list will no customers had to store important. Nor will the list of doping controls monitored, and see that it is easy to check whether the UCI collaborate. Thanks to twitter, we know that one was his friend and countryman JJ.Rojas in the first stage of the Vuelta. In contrast, if the relationship has gone partially seized substances, which include the innocuous clenbuterol, that the saying, when the case sirloin, which was no longer used among cyclists. Sure, why have also seized a centrifuge to measure the hematocrit level, very useful in bodybuilding competitions.

Do not forget to look at the detail that they have caught because the complaint came from Sweden!
    Two readers in the U.S. who complain against Armstrong and the publisher of "It's Not About bike", the book that sh*t was a worldwide bestseller and inspired, among others, Alberto Contador and Loyola de Palacio. Well, the book was fiction and what they bought as true story. The news may seem a joke, but in the U.S. these things go far.
     Astarloza (yes, again and drag from position 30 of the races he participates) says that this season, with his 34 years of badly worn, wants to "return to the 2009 level." Interview Urraburu, that leverages the cape for the runner espetarle Gipuzkoa that was the year that was positive and, indeed, when Best walked. Mindful also what it says about Mujika and maketos notice-especially the national champion of the country with which it shares the team-final.
     He had been on this blog Aramburu Clown Used occasion of the report, and the confession of another writer Armstrong comes midway between the humorist, the trapeze artist of words and Mortadelo, with keeping a truly enviable physical resemblance. With all of you, the incomparable Galician anesthesiologist practicing in Agustín Fernández Mallo Mallorca!

The author of those great little books titled content-no kidding-I always return to the nipples and Book 7 of the Tractatus or Nutella experience that anal sex is not against the above, dedicated to this case gravel " It is, however, a mystery: whether in professional competitions are not all cyclists with the same bike, standard, why is that not all compete punishable with the same chemistry running through his veins? "

Because that's what makes the difference. Gallego.
    This is the level playfield of Spain in the doping. Article by the director of the AEA, with a grammatical own preschool level. It gives the feeling of being in a real bouquet Fatima Banez. To behave!. And darling with the beginning of the fourth paragraph: "In this situation, Spain can not be different! So we need to adapt our legislation to the international regulatory framework, the code of conduct, legal and ethical, we have decided to take to compete on equal conditions, so that our athletes do the same "

"We need to adapt" and "We have decided to take." Thanks for the detail.
    And it says a client of Del Moral! A player who is progressing with 30!, That is to tennis as the 36 years of cycling. The famous ace Juan Gutierrez wants to spread the nickname Duracell, and I really like ... it tastes like battery and gives tongue cramp. Even half as prudish as the country begins to talk of miracle, combined with that of three of four semi-finals in the last four Grand Slam ... In line with these issues, the International Federation says it wants to establish the biological passport in tennis by the end of 2013.

Who see my eyes, of course. I can not imagine these gentlemen, the same of the wipe and little rest after a game, peeing at six in the morning in a five-star hotel in a plastic jar. Or leaving a gala dinner for the same

the whole blog is actually fascinating.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 23:04 by Dim »

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 23:13 »

One more bit on fabian, and this is fascinating

*de http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/sport/uebersicht/spritzen-setzen-ist-kein-guter-ausdruck--das-toent-abwertend-1.9870576

You also received infusions?

Yes, for the first time in late 2001.  Since 2004 infusions are prohibited without a medical certificate, since they are no longer an issue for me also.  Prior infusions were allowed - and in fact have been used time and again, and especially diseases.

What was in it?

Sugar, water, minerals, vitamins.

For what purpose?

For a better recovery.  When I was weak because of diarrhea.  Or when we played in extreme heat race.

You swallow tablets?

Yes.  But not mindlessly.  Only when I'm in pain or do not feel well.  Just like you, right?  It happens that I get to the bus in the evening and the team doctor bring back the tablets, which he has given us in the morning, because I have not used them.

What kind of pills?

Vitamins.  Magnesium.  Aspirin.  Voltaren.  Caffeine.  On long races sometimes a sleeping pill at night.

Magnesium tablets as we buy into the Migros?

So, for example.

And aspirin, Voltaren, caffeine can help to suppress pain?

I've won races, having swallowed without a single Tablettli.  And I've won races where I had taken aspirin, Voltaren and caffeine.

What for?

It helps a bit to get closer to your limits.  Caffeine helps that you can take a bit more damage, and it makes you awake.  Not everywhere, there is a good espresso, especially not after a 180-kilometer Tour stage when still 40 kilometers to go.  Voltaren helps fight inflammation.  And aspirin is an ordinary painkiller.  But you have to learn to deal with it.  You can not five kilometers to swallow a Koffeintablettli and think now all get along well.  You have to know your body, you need to catch the right moment.

How many tablets you normally like?

Maybe three?  Caffeine.  Aspirin.  Voltaren.  But I need it every day, not long ago.  At the end of a tour, I can count the days on which I swallowed tablets, on one hand.  If one is to go three stages in a row to the limit, you can not just one day take a Koffeintablettli.  One has to divide well.

It disgusts you to swallow pills?  Come forward as if you were a Drögeler if you put a syringe?

On the contrary.  I'm healthier than many other people.  Because I also do not begrudge even a beer, a good meal.  I have a balance.  I know what is in the syringes.  I know the pills I take.  This is the life of a top athlete.

When we speak today of syringes is immediately talk of doping.  I've already injected homeopathic stuff under the skin.  Is it doping?  If the public does not feel that is doping, what is performance enhancing?

We believe the public has a very clear picture of what is doping.  Doping is what is forbidden.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 00:59 »
    re the above article

Well having spoken to a couple of Germans, it seems this interview is almost identical to a section at the back of his German language autobiography, and this information is well known in germany. pretty much common knowledge.

just spent an hour trawling the net for English coverage of it, and this has never as far as I can find been picked up by the English speaking press. Surprised that nobody like Susan  at CN who lives in Germany picked up on it. On the other hand, the time it came, the press was pretty much in dont rock the boat mode.

Funny how times change, if Fabian gave that interview now there would be alarm bells ringing and fire engines and ambulances rushing to the scene.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 02:07 »
    re the above article

Well having spoken to a couple of Germans, it seems this interview is almost identical to a section at the back of his German language autobiography, and this information is well known in germany. pretty much common knowledge.

just spent an hour trawling the net for English coverage of it, and this has never as far as I can find been picked up by the English speaking press. Surprised that nobody like Susan  at CN who lives in Germany picked up on it. On the other hand, the time it came, the press was pretty much in dont rock the boat mode.

Funny how times change, if Fabian gave that interview now there would be alarm bells ringing and fire engines and ambulances rushing to the scene.

Susan is too busy policing the farm... :lol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6746
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 16:41 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/cancellara-denies-fuentes-ties_274314

Key quote:

Quote from: Luigi
    [Cancellara] explained that it is better not to go into the details and make bigger stories when asked if he would say to the critics, “I’m clean.”
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 00:02 »
    Unlike other cyclists who close their doors with a “no comment” to journalists, Cancellara freely gave his time as he prepared for the Qatar stage. He explained that people might connect “Luigi” to him via his former trainer, Luigi Cecchini. Like Michele Ferrari, Cecchini trained under the godfather of EPO doping, Francesco Conconni.

I like that he answered questions - even if not a full and frank denial of seeing Fuentes.

You never really know what was said v what was printed ... so for now I am still a true believer    :D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 04:08 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/cancellara-denies-fuentes-ties_274314
    Erm, couldn't the author contact Rock racing riders and confirm, or otherwise, off record?

Unlike other cyclists who close their doors with a “no comment” to journalists, Cancellara freely gave his time as he prepared for the Qatar stage.
    WTF? He's been implicated in it.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    « Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13 »
    Lance and the Hog also gave their time freely outside their bus at the 2010 Tour of California. Rumour has it they liked their credibility.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18 »
    Have to be fair though, the pair were completely honest till 2012. Velonews taught me so
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 06:21 »
    fingers in ears   *la la la la la*

see - I can be pretty deaf and blind when I want  :D

seriously though - I dont know.  If he was really involved, someone at some point would have talked by now.  Wouldnt they?

Hamilton implicated him (supposedly) - since when has Tyler been backward in naming anyone?  why has he suddenly gone all shy about naming names now?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 07:26 »
    Alberto Contador. Implicated (only Jaksche, a team mate) but none to prove him. Name names and it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Unlike in USPS, Hamilton is not an eyewitness. He's alleging. Who knows how many more cyclists have not been named in it?

Mapei, Fassa Bortolo, CSC and Bruyneel. You've got to say that's a good list of teams. Whether that alone means anything is different, but that article by velonews was rather crap reporting.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:53 by ram »

AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16 »
    yeah but my point is there has been a lot of talk about Alberto being part of it for a long time.

Lots of talk about Lulu Sanchez too ...

but this is the first time we are hearing about Cancellara, which I find a little odd.   Not saying its not true - just saying I need more than that to abandon him just yet  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    « Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46 »
    Hamilton implicated him (supposedly) - since when has Tyler been backward in naming anyone?  why has he suddenly gone all shy about naming names now?

He hasn't come out and said he's seen him doping. He (implied) in his interview that they knew who the Fuentes client was and made it obvious he was talking about Cancellara. There's no reason why anyone would need to have ridden with him. I doubt Cancellara introduces himself to teammates as Classicomano Luigi. But in the peloton I'd be rather surprised if there was anyone hiding about being a Fuentes client - there were so many people involved that it's unlikely one person could have stayed quiet in a bunch pretty open about PED use.

In any case the Cecchini-Fuentes (and Riis-Fuentes) referral link exists, in 2006 Cancellara has by far his best classics season. Even if Cancellara is NOT Luigi, it's still plausible that he was a Fuentes client.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Re: Re: Fabian cancellara/Luigi
    « Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 14:43 »
    But this is the first time we are hearing about Cancellara, which I find a little odd.   Not saying its not true - just saying I need more than that to abandon him just yet  :D

Nah. There's been loads of whispers. Checchini, Fuentes, the trouble is because fabian is so universally liked any whispers get shut down immediately.

It would be pretty pointless a year ago tho write about can cellar a and Puerto. Nobody would take any notice
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25 »
    This affair is starting to make me feel sympathy for Stefan Schumacher circa 2008 now.   :lol
  • ReplyReply

• Kristian

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 21:59 »
    Just to let you all know, if you care to read this through again of this Swiss article in German, very interesting :)
    Might answer 2 questions straight away.

http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/sport/uebersicht/wer-ist-clasicomano-luigi-1.18039635

Wer ist «Clasicómano (Luigi)»? Ein Fahrer, der für Rock Racing 2008 an der Tour of California startete, bestätigte der NZZ, er und die Kollegen hätten Cancellara mit «Luigi»-Parolen gehänselt. Aber er wisse nicht, ob es sich bei Cancellara wirklich um «Clasicómano (Luigi)» handle. Ein anderer Fahrer, der zugegeben hat, Fuentes-Kunde gewesen zu sein, sagte der NZZ, er wisse aus erster Quelle, dass nicht Cancellara, sondern der Niederländer Thomas Dekker von Fuentes als «Clasicómano (Luigi)» bezeichnet wurde. Dekker wurde 2009 erwischt und hat Doping gestanden. Weil er der niederländischen Antidoping-Agentur dieser Tage alle Details aus seiner Vergangenheit erzählen und bis zum Abschluss der Untersuchung nicht öffentlich reden will, steht er nicht zur Verfügung, um Licht ins Dunkel zu bringen. Allerdings hat die Zeitung «De Volkskrant» anhand von Originalbelegen aus den Fuentes-Akten im Januar dargelegt, dass Dekker mit grosser Wahrscheinlichkeit «Clasicómano (Luigi)» war. Die Richtigkeit der Recherche vorausgesetzt: Nicht geklärt wäre die Frage, warum Hamilton, auch er ein Fuentes-Kunde, den Codenamen aus den Fuentes-Unterlagen überhaupt mit Cancellara in Verbindung brachte. Der Amerikaner nahm gegenüber der NZZ trotz mehreren Anfragen nicht Stellung.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 05:05 »
    Thanks Kristian,  welcome

Search can you translate the highlights?
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts