collapse

ram

A happy Valentine (Pistorius arrested)
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:27 »
http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Oscar-shoots-girlfriend-20130214

So if anyone wants to have a divorce today, you've still got a lot to live up to.

Terrible news nonetheless.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:20 by ram »

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3337
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    Re: A happy Valentine
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:30 »
    aww that is sad    :(
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10576
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:45 »
    lets find out 1st

there has not been a confirmed story yet re the GF popping over for a Valentine´s cuddle

Plus my stance on guns still wants me to ask who shoots someone without knowing what the flip is going on ie lights on and 4 times

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:01 »
    Whatever she was doing out at 4 am is a mystery.

But in the past year, 2 cricketers have been murdered in burglaries. Louis Vorster during a car burglary and I think John Commins was murdered in his house during a burglary. The apprehension is understandable. But four shots? That's a bit much.

It's not the first mistaken murder, if this is, former Bok Rudi Visagie killed his daughter after shooting at what he thought was a car theft in the middle of the night.

Problem is that law enforcement is so slow in countries like ours and when weapons are easily available in the black market....
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Re: A happy Valentine (Pistorius arrested)
    « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22 »
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Police-to-oppose-bail-for-Pistorius-20130214

Not good for Pistorius so far. Charging with murder is standard for all suspicious deaths and looking to deny bail is also standard (it's a murder case, should be a non bailable warrant), but more the allegations about his domestic violence.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01 »
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32 »
    All class the Sun. Tomorrow- How does the Madelein McCann look nude at 18?
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3791
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39 »
    Pistorius is in huge trouble. GF was shot through the bathroom door 4 times, she was inside
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 09:35 »
    OP title is gold, ram. :D I don't really know this guy or his history, but he is going down to the big house by the sound of it.

- Drunkenness is no defence
    - Mistake is one of the hardest defences to demonstrate
    - Use of force must be proportional to the threat
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    « Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42 »
    OP title is gold, ram. :D I don't really know this guy or his history, but he is going down to the big house by the sound of it.

- Drunkenness is no defence
    - Mistake is one of the hardest defences to demonstrate
    - Use of force must be proportional to the threat
    True that, you don t shoot 4 times if not 100% sure and threat is real...guy is in deep sh*t.
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43 »
    Pistorius is in huge trouble. GF was shot through the bathroom door 4 times, she was inside
    Idiot what can I say else...idiot!
    I could kill 200 civilians in Afghanistan or here in war, but if I am not sure they are not bad guys in civilian clothes dont shoot...Idiot!!!!
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:59 »
    True that, you don t shoot 4 times if not 100% sure and threat is real...guy is in deep sh*t.
    One to disable her, which would make her the equal. And 3 as a gift.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41 »
    One to disable her, which would make her the equal. And 3 as a gift.
    Hahahahahaha, double double tap army slang...
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 11:50 »
    If he double taps his bird, is it called double trap? Explains his desire with the need to qualify for the Olympics.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 13:41 »
    If he double taps his bird, is it called double trap? Explains his desire with the need to qualify for the Olympics.
    I will only say this, If you are amputee you dont shoot gorgeous girlfriend on Valentine s day!
    Jesus!
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 15:29 »
    Idiot what can I say else...idiot!
    I could kill 200 civilians in Afghanistan or here in war, but if I am not sure they are not bad guys in civilian clothes dont shoot...Idiot!!!!

Perhaps Oscar thought he was a CIA UAV drone operative and just shot everything up that moved.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 16:40 »
    I will only say this, If you are amputee you dont shoot gorgeous girlfriend on Valentine s day!
    Jesus!

This exactly.

Actually, that could be part of his defence: argue for dismissal on grounds of insanity. Because honestly, which man in his right mind would shoot her?

• ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 17:05 »
    This exactly.

Actually, that could be part of his defence: argue for dismissal on grounds of insanity. Because honestly, which man in his right mind would shoot her?

He poked her and shot his load....

But at the moment mistaken identity has to be the best defence.

See this case
    http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/ex-wp-cricketer-murdered-in-his-home-1.1447479#.UR5n7cURpIY

and this more importantly
    http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/visagie-can-find-some-peace-at-last-1.219358#.UR5oisURpIY

The difference in the latter, and we don't have enough details, is that Visagie surrendered on his own accord. I do not know if Pistorius did, though he did surrender. 4 bullets though is a big problem...

And this is not getting into more common crimes, Andrew Hall being shot at an ATM robbery
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 17:15 by ram »

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012

ram

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32 »
    Tbh, the telegraph's reporting, as with pretty much every other newspaper, has been dodgy at best. Just a couple of hours before they ran the bloody cricket bat story, a cricket journalist, and a rather respected one, from the telegraph was asking if their source (it is secondary info from another newspaper) was an accredited agency.

The original source for that was the city press, and to say their reports have been extraordinary, and not in the complimentary sense, is not a stretch. Neighbours alleging, shots here, there everywhere, theories being bandied from their reports. I didn't know the source till he mentioned it.

I expect the trial will take a couple of months to start.

Either outcome won't be a surprise (murder or manslaughter or grievious error), but media trial.....
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 14:07 »
    Steroids found in Pistorius' home

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/9877016/Oscar-Pistorius-murder-charge-steroids-found-at-athletes-home.html

Murder enquiry becomes a doping enquiry ... who'd a thunk it?

Steroids probably destined for his sick cat or something.   Only cyclists or American team sports athletes do PEDS. Everybody knows that.   
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 06:17 »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/19/oscar-pistorius-defence-statement

So will it stump the prosecutors?

Some inconsistencies there. He gets the gun under his bed but misses his girlfriend's absence. That said, there are believable parts too, the lights remaining off bit. Drawing parallels from the John Commins case, one would certainly not want to give away his location with suspected intruders.

The prosecution, and particularly the Pretorian police, need to do a better job of building a case. How many theories in the past few days? If they want to get him in for premeditated murder- the steroids part will be of no benefit at all. That said, there is no mention of steroids in Pistorius' statement and by all accounts from the prosecution either. So, that's just speculation as yet.

So can he realistically pull a Rudi Visagie? Certainly seems far more difficult, but...
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21 »
    So, a morning session for the defence in the bail plea.

Botha claims Pistorius has a pen drive containing info of an offshore account
    An hour later, when asked what's with the pen drive? He says it's in their possession
    Oh dear...

Roux alleges that the witness' house is 600m away from Pistorius'
    Botha agrees...... nice witness

Botha makes the allegation that steroids were found at Pistorius' place, but changed it to testosterone after Oldwage glances at him.
    When the defence lawyer, Roux, asks what the name of the medication is, Botha is unable to answer what it is. Defence claims it's a herbal supplement.

Botha admits to not checking when Pistorius made the phonecall to netcare hospital... whoops

Basically, Roux shat all over Botha, and what should've been a tough session for Pistorius considering the nature of the allegations turned out well for him.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 13:25 »
    Day 2 of the bail hearing..... basically all Pistorius

Botha claims Pistorius is in possession of unlicensed .38 ammunition.
    Roux claims that the ammunition Pistorius is in possession of belongs to his father. Botha failed to ascertain the owner of the this ammunition.

Roux alleges that the witness' house is 600m away from Pistorius'
    Botha agrees...... nice witness
    14:22 Botha now says it is probably 300m from where the witness was. Closer than 600m.

Summed up nicely by this
    Nair: Would someone who won Olympic gold not want to face trial? Botha: It is possible. Jail time is a serious thing.
    Nair: You believe he would flee to a country with no extradition treaty with South Africa? Botha: Yes.

Judging by the transcripts, Roux is the aggressive lawyer and IO Botha looks plain sh*te
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 14:29 »
    I suppose making Pistorious look a big VIP world sports star that can do no wrong, and rubbishing the cop as a thick nobody is normal from the defence.

I'm not sure the judge will fall for that but who knows.

• ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 14:43 »
    True, but it does show the shortcomings in the investigations and claims so far. Most major allegations have been shot by the lack of investigation, and for some reason was more in the newspapers than in the courts.

When the final verdict is given, I'd not be surprised if it was murder.

At this moment for the bail hearing, I'm tilting towards bail.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 12:09 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631

Good news for the prosecution- Botha has since been dropped.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631

Good news for the prosecution- Botha has since been dropped.

seems the defense lawyer is getting a rep for being a genius
  • ReplyReply

•