collapse

Poll

Team selection?

Must pick 8 (9 for gts) each race, thus 11 riders for giro only selected 9 get points
6 (40%)
All riders are included, thus 11 riders for giro, 11 riders get points.
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

mc_mountain

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 920
Re: CYCLING MANAGER: DRAFT OPEN
« Reply #720 on: March 02, 2012, 19:00 »
I wonder why u edited my post the way u did.
I suggest u use more moderate language then, saying the voting system is silly nd that it is impossible and subsequently that it's a vote rig is inflammatory.
u also accuse me of putting words in yr mouth (I don't think I have), yet u have done the same.
For the 3rd time would u have preferred that I insist on the rules staying same.
I'm sure u like me regret that we are derailing the thread, so perhaps we can agree 2 disagree.
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #721 on: March 02, 2012, 20:28 »
    I wonder why u edited my post the way u did.
    I suggest u use more moderate language then, saying the voting system is silly nd that it is impossible and subsequently that it's a vote rig is inflammatory.
    u also accuse me of putting words in yr mouth (I don't think I have), yet u have done the same.
    For the 3rd time would u have preferred that I insist on the rules staying same.
    I'm sure u like me regret that we are derailing the thread, so perhaps we can agree 2 disagree.

I edited your post that way because 1 those were the only points I responded to, and 2 I am on a mobile phone and cannot write a response unless a certain amount of the original text is deleted.

I accused you of putting words in my mouth because you said
    " I want you to explain why you think this isnt fair"

when I never said that it isn't fair.

As for "vote rig" that was a joke, sorry

Dont see why arguing that a 67% vote demand is impossible, would be inflammatory though? 

In my opinion it is impossible, renders any voting meaningless.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

mc_mountain

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 920
    « Reply #722 on: March 03, 2012, 00:16 »
    I mentioned the editing as it seemed that As far as I can tell you are the only person who has an issue. was quite different to As far as I can tell you are the only person who has an issue with the 2/3 majority. as clearly there are others that share your position on the 8/9 rule.

I apologise then if your position is that the 2/3 vote is fair, but I think its probably quite easy to fall into the trap of thinking someone who argues against a position in the way you did that they think the position is unfair.

I pointed out the 2 that voted despite their best interest to prove that it was not impossible for 2/3 majority to be achieved.  You say I choose it because it was impossible, 1, i didnt choose it for that reason. 2. i contend it isnt impossible.  I also dont hold your position against you as you say.  I felt your (in my mind) misrepresentation of my position was an attack on my position, I am content to accept that that was not your intention.

regarding the picking of Coppel - he will ride and do well (hopefully) in Paris - Nice, Dauphine, and the tour, I had identified him as a useful rider in the game, that might not be immediately apparent to everyone as he's not on WT team.  I didnt want to be in a position where I was leaving a strong rider (not necessarily Coppel) out of Paris Nice or the Tour, as I would be full of regret (as I was for not including Cobo in last year's CQ) if said rider did well and I didnt score the points.  that it is not immediately apparent that I would end up with more riders than the quota in any given race is down to all the picks i made not just this one.  i gave this example as you suggested that it would have only changed the lesser picks of my team.

i appreciate your apology regarding the vote rig reference.  In a different context I hope I would have seen it in the manner it was intended.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 00:40 by mc_mountain »

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #723 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37 »
    Weighing in on this, which yeah, really shouldn't be discussed 1 day before it all starts, but I think it should come down to who is the least inconvenienced. It sucks for people in the MCM camp, because if changed then the way they drafted would have been different but then their riders they have picked will still score points throughout the season regardless of rule change. On the flip, people like the Hitch, if the teams of 8/9 were implemented then for a GT like the Giro where most of their riders ride, they will miss out on collecting most of their points, effectively ruining their season. So who has the most to lose out of this?

All things considered, I don't think it will make too much of a difference either way on who will win. He/she who picked astutely and with a bit of luck in the draft will win, in any situation. You may lose ground on TheHitch in the Giro if this rule was abolished but then you would be gaining ground on him everywhere else. If you had a team that's going to race all year round then you are still going to score more often than a team which focuses on stage races rather than classics, so scoring wise, I don't really see how it could affect the leaderboard either way.

I think the biggest problem here is Timmy may not have explained the rules or his hopes for the game earlier on. I think people have seen it more as a "set and forget" game where they drafted, whereas the game seems to be set up more towards "managing" your squads.

We have 1 day, 2 non-voters so I guess we'll see what happens :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #724 on: March 03, 2012, 10:50 »
    Also, did Hitch/Havett's trade happen? Can't remember seeing Havetts confirm it or Timmy saying it was ok. ????
  • ReplyReply

• StraßenRennen

• Fahr Rad.
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 0
      • GPRO
    « Reply #725 on: March 03, 2012, 13:33 »
    Before i mess up again, do i need to Pm timmy my "picks" or are all available riders auto selected as I have only 6 riding in P-N i think.
  • ReplyReply
  • Quote from: Martin318is
    unfortunately, being a moron with a room temperature IQ isn't in itself a banable condition...

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11456
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #726 on: March 03, 2012, 16:06 »
    if you have 6 no issues I think
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #727 on: March 03, 2012, 16:15 »
    Also, did Hitch/Havett's trade happen? Can't remember seeing Havetts confirm it or Timmy saying it was ok. ????

Wait what? Which trade? :$
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #728 on: March 03, 2012, 19:35 »
    Wait what? Which trade? :$

After lenghy pm discussions with havetts he has agreed to trade me Alejandro Valverde and Jens Voigt for Joaquim Rodriguez and Jelle Slagter so change that in the op please.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #729 on: March 03, 2012, 19:42 »
    :').

HITCH YOU BASTARD. ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #730 on: March 03, 2012, 19:43 »
    Ofcourse I would not give up Alejandro Valverde :D.
  • ReplyReply

• timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #731 on: March 03, 2012, 23:44 »
    sorry guys, been busy.

@hitch
    I actually voted on the same side as you believe it or not (I felt it was the more simplistic approach in a game that is already become needlessly complicated :D ), so it is not like this is some twisted plot from me to screw you ;D I just felt necessary to take the opinion of those who choose by the rule in regards to the final decision. Therefore I agreed with MC's contention and the 2/3 rule.

Tuarts is right tho, probably my fault for lack of communication.
    I did mention the rule a few times in the two threads, but it got lost in the chaos I suppose. 
    Once again, what fails this year can be rectified next year ;D

I apologies if teams are affected or disadvantaged (was not my intention), unless we get a mutual agreement very soon that we should use the simplistic approach I think the vote speaks for it self, and we will just do the pick 8/9 riders.

I'm gonna make a racing thread for the game and I'll attempt to post the PN teams, I believe only hugo will have excess riders but he has informed me of his choice anyhow.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Post-race review: Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var by t-72
    [February 24, 2021, 20:43]

Re: Post-race review: Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var by Leadbelly
    [February 24, 2021, 20:03]

Re: Roadbooks by subZ37O
    [February 24, 2021, 10:20]

Post-race review: Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var by t-72
    [February 23, 2021, 23:05]

Re: Roadbooks by alex592