• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5652
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: BUGS
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59 »
I'm supposed to get an email alert whenever I receive a PM but I'm not getting them.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm assuming this is because the new server does not support or has turned off the outgoing mail service?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6166
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #541 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03 »
    I'm supposed to get an email alert whenever I receive a PM but I'm not getting them.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm assuming this is because the new server does not support or has turned off the outgoing mail service?
    I did get emails when Dim PMed me yesterday or the day before yesterday.
    Maybe your settings have been re-set for some reason - just a guess.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3256
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #542 on: January 27, 2016, 16:55 »
    Not for the first time since the server switch, I tried to post and was told that "the last posting from your IP address was less than 10 seconds ago".

I click "back", pause, and resubmit the post only to be told that "you have already submitted this post".

I check the thread, and sure enough the post is there twice - but not all of it... the last few lines (in this case) were chopped off.
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1277
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #543 on: January 29, 2016, 16:20 »
    The page keeps freezing so I have to refresh or shut down all the time.

Text takes an age to appear on screen after I've typed it.

My shockwave plug-in crashes or doesn't respond.

The page has become unresponsive message keeps coming up.

Chat doesn't refresh unless I hard refresh.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #544 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38 »
    Not for the first time since the server switch, I tried to post and was told that "the last posting from your IP address was less than 10 seconds ago".

I click "back", pause, and resubmit the post only to be told that "you have already submitted this post".

I check the thread, and sure enough the post is there twice - but not all of it... the last few lines (in this case) were chopped off.

same thing with a new thread today and an image was really big for no know reason
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Carlo Algatrensig

• Domestique
    • Liked: 714
    « Reply #545 on: January 30, 2016, 12:18 »
    When I sign in there is an option to stay logged in which used to mean if i navigated from the site and then came back a while later I wouldn't have to log back in but it doesn't seem to be working like that anymore. Don't know if its the site or possibly a problem with my web browser.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #546 on: January 30, 2016, 16:49 »
    When I sign in there is an option to stay logged in which used to mean if i navigated from the site and then came back a while later I wouldn't have to log back in but it doesn't seem to be working like that anymore. Don't know if its the site or possibly a problem with my web browser.
    After the server switch, I had to log in again. But I did check that box ("always keep me logged in") and haven't had an issue with it since.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Honorary President
    « Reply #547 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58 »
    Something I've been noticing for a while in the "latest activity" box on the main forum page. Posts are doubling (sometimes tripling) up.

It fixes if I refresh the page, and it doesn't stop anything from working, but it's odd, no?

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #548 on: April 27, 2016, 15:00 »
    Flo and Krabs saying they get lots of 403 messages lately
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #549 on: April 27, 2016, 20:43 »
    Flo and Krabs saying they get lots of 403 messages lately

403 means 'forbidden', so probably it's a simple permission setting. Not enough info though. Need to know the context: when does it happen and where on the site.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1904
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #550 on: April 28, 2016, 03:15 »
    403 means 'forbidden', so probably it's a simple permission setting. Not enough info though. Need to know the context: when does it happen and where on the site.
    Flo probably gets them when trying to post in a Sky or Froome thread.  :D

Krabs likely encounters them when trying to post something serious, or when entertaining a new bingo thread.  :P
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2621
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #551 on: April 28, 2016, 13:31 »
    It happens when I try to post a reply
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3889
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #552 on: May 07, 2016, 17:33 »
    The 403 Error is becoming more and more annoying now, just had to refresh the page 8 times before my post in the prediction thread was posted :(

Edit: it also happened as I was trying to edit the opening post in the prediction game thread, and also when I tried to update a later post by adding an attachment - I eventually gave up on that

Edit2: I just got one again when editing this post
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3889
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #553 on: May 07, 2016, 17:35 »
    Ironically, the 2nd edit was no issue at all :P but this post was
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #554 on: May 21, 2016, 12:05 »
    where did the pop up chat go?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #555 on: May 29, 2016, 16:08 »
    Flag & kit smileys don't show up in this (and so far, only this) post:
    http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=7980.msg2213318#msg2213318

No idea why. :S

They work fine here:
    #katusha
    #itera
    #gazprom
    *qa
    *bh
    They also work in other threads (posts, even) in the Men's Road Racing sub-forum, and everywhere else.
    Very weird.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Honorary President
    « Reply #556 on: June 15, 2016, 14:53 »
    Something I've been noticing for a while in the "latest activity" box on the main forum page. Posts are doubling (sometimes tripling) up.

It fixes if I refresh the page, and it doesn't stop anything from working, but it's odd, no?

This is still happening - a low priority inconvenience, I know. But, interestingly, it has now developed into a duplication of post notifications (quotes and likes, you know?).
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2017
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    « Reply #557 on: June 24, 2016, 23:12 »
    I'm trying to start a thread for the Tour CQ game in the Games folder, but everytime I hit send, it bounces me out to the forum index page. 

At that page, I notice the games folder has an icon that is greyed out: is that related to the problem of posting?

I also tried to rename the first edition of the Emerging Riders game to include the year numbers, but there was no option to post it into the games folder.  Same issue?

Meanwhile, there will be a Tour CQ game, but for now the details are only posted at CN.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9448
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #558 on: June 24, 2016, 23:26 »
    At that page, I notice the games folder has an icon that is greyed out: is that related to the problem of posting?

a greyed out icon usually only means that there are no unread posts in that forum.

Personally I have no idea what causes the problem, but I hope someone who does will have the time to look into it. I just tried to create a thread in the games forum and had no problem doing so
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #559 on: June 24, 2016, 23:35 »
    I'm trying to start a thread for the Tour CQ game in the Games folder, but everytime I hit send, it bounces me out to the forum index page. 

I also tried to rename the first edition of the Emerging Riders game to include the year numbers, but there was no option to post it into the games folder.  Same issue?

Meanwhile, there will be a Tour CQ game, but for now the details are only posted at CN.
    I had the problem yesterday when trying to post a big CSV table (albeit in an existing thread).
    Cutting out the table and posting it shortly afterwards worked.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    « Reply #560 on: June 25, 2016, 17:39 »
    I've managed to post it, largely by doing it not much more than one sentence at a time.

I suspect that the problem was in links formatted like {url=http://www.website.com}I know that is the wrong type of brackets, I did it on purpose{/url}, because it was the chunks of text that included them that were not accepted as edits.

I am confident I had formatted the links correctly: I cut and pasted the post I prepared here to CN without any changes, and they work correct there.
    I have been able to post links tus formatted recently in Emerging game threads and the National Champs game thread: not sure what is happening.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #561 on: June 28, 2016, 07:38 »

a greyed out icon usually only means that there are no unread posts in that forum.

Personally I have no idea what causes the problem, but I hope someone who does will have the time to look into it. I just tried to create a thread in the games forum and had no problem doing so

It is true that "greyed out" links just mean that there are no new posts. I will run as a test account and have a look. Like Search, I didn't see any problems in my own account.

EDIT: I started a regular account and was able to post in the Games section even with four links in the post. I checked all the settings for CQ Organiser and for Armchair him/herself: nothing there to suggest such unusualness. Since there was no explicit error, it is difficult to say what happened. Please let us know if it happens again, on what post, whether or not there's an explicit error (as opposed to a redirect) and if you're using a script or ad blocker on your browser.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:03 by L'arri »

Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    « Reply #562 on: June 28, 2016, 08:00 »
    I was able to post a url= type link into the second post with no difficulty, but when I tried to update the OP with such a link, I couldn't.

Might the OP of a thread have some restriction on "url=" content?  An anti spam feature perhaps?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #563 on: June 28, 2016, 08:09 »
    I was able to post a url= type link into the second post with no difficulty, but when I tried to update the OP with such a link, I couldn't.

Might the OP of a thread have some restriction on "url=" content?  An anti spam feature perhaps?

There's certainly no restriction of that sort on your profile or your membergroup. Elsewhere it is difficult to find out if there are specific rules about how new topics are treated since this is by no means a vanilla forum (i.e. it has been significantly modified from the out of the box installation) and I don't have much of a history of working with it.

It seems a bit daft to police OPs for spam after they've already been posted but it wouldn't entirely surprise me with this software. I'll keep looking.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    « Reply #564 on: July 22, 2016, 00:33 »
    Now it won't let me post the CQ game update, hence the single word post "test".

Talking of test, I tried posting it here and it wouldn't let me do that either, nor as the opening post of a new thread.

It has no URL links, but a few low level codings for underlining and bold.  It was originally written within this forum, but the cut version was pastable at CN and displays as intended. 

My home WiFi has been slightly interrumpted recently, but as this can upload, I don't see why the other content can't.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:24 by Armchair Cyclist, Reason: add more detail »

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5270
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #565 on: August 16, 2016, 18:14 »

No "like" option on some posts. At a quick glance it seems to be just the Vuelta pages that it occurs on.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #566 on: August 16, 2016, 18:43 »

No "like" option on some posts. At a quick glance it seems to be just the Vuelta pages that it occurs on.

Fixed I think
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #567 on: February 10, 2017, 22:46 »
    Anyone else having trouble using the "upload to tinypic" feature?
    It says "upload failed, please try again" every time I try to upload an image.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5270
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #568 on: February 11, 2017, 05:11 »

I get this when I use the forum upload. When I go to their site and use that instead, I then get "Upload Failed, please try again".
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #569 on: February 11, 2017, 08:33 »

I get this when I use the forum upload. When I go to their site and use that instead, I then get "Upload Failed, please try again".
    Yeah, I got that "placeholder" as well, but only a few times. Mostly it was "upload failed".
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Gree - Tour of Guangxi by Leadbelly
    [Today at 19:23]

Re: Japan Cup by search
    [Today at 12:37]

Re: Gree - Tour of Guangxi by search
    [Today at 10:32]

Re: Gree - Tour of Guangxi by search
    [Today at 10:25]

Re: Full Mens Rosters 2018 by Leadbelly