collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 6645
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: BUGS
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2018, 09:48 »
PCS embeds not working in the Road Nats thread for me.

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=8849.new#new
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6920
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #571 on: January 05, 2018, 11:23 »
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6645
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #572 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22 »
    Quote from: EvansIsTheBest
    The registration form on Velorooms is still not working so I'd appreciate it if somebody could post the update there

Quote from: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarten
    I have the same problem as EvansIsTheBest with registering at Velorooms, so if somebody could post the update there I would be much obliged.

Some problems for people wanting to join and post the CQ updates.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11275
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #573 on: May 08, 2018, 06:14 »
    thanks, we are aware of that, but the tech team is not available t the moment, I think. So this may take another couple of days
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6644
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #574 on: May 10, 2018, 20:09 »
    Some problems for people wanting to join and post the CQ updates.

thanks, we are aware of that, but the tech team is not available t the moment, I think. So this may take another couple of days

Many apologies for the late response.

Should be OK now. Please let me know if anyone has any more problems. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:00 by L'arri »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2386
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #575 on: July 30, 2018, 17:54 »
    What's the deal with Twitter embeds?

It used to be that when tweets didn't fully show, I could hold SHIFT while refreshing the page, and that would often work. For some reason, I would sometimes have to scroll to the top of the page before refreshing, or I'd have to refresh three times before it would work. But now, no matter what I do, the tweets never fully reveal themselves (images, etc). So is it me or my settings?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6920
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #576 on: July 30, 2018, 18:55 »
    If only I knew ...
    Sometimes they embed fine the first time, sometimes they do on a refresh. Sometimes they don't work at all.
     :S
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #577 on: July 31, 2018, 11:48 »

It used to be that when tweets didn't fully show, I could hold SHIFT while refreshing the page, and that would often work. For some reason, I would sometimes have to scroll to the top of the page before refreshing, or I'd have to refresh three times before it would work. But now, no matter what I do, the tweets never fully reveal themselves (images, etc). So is it me or my settings?

If only I knew ...
    Sometimes they embed fine the first time, sometimes they do on a refresh. Sometimes they don't work at all.
     :S

It's very difficult to pinpoint the cause. Certainly ad and script blockers complicate things as does the relatively new implementation by some browsers of disabling tracking by default (in Firefox, for example, this is shown as a shield icon in the Address Bar, while in other browsers it's buried in the settings). Tracking is unfortunately a part of what Twitter does and it may not deliver the "rich" content of tweets if tracking is disabled.

What happens is that, when a VR member first posts a tweet, the text of it is stored by us. That's what you see by default and that has nothing to do with Twitter per se. What happens then is that your browser asks Twitter for the real live tweet and what result there is depends on your browser and its settings.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #578 on: August 20, 2018, 22:37 »
    Some members may have noticed that the forum has been unavailable for quite a long period today. I didn't become aware of the situation until this evening, at which point it had probably been down for about two or three hours already and it has taken me until just now to get it working again.

Apologies for any inconvenience and/or lost posts. We believe the cause of the issue was connected with an attempt to change to the special Vuelta theme for the upcoming GT and we'll try to get it resolved without further downtime.

Thanks,

L'arri x
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2386
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #579 on: August 21, 2018, 02:15 »
    Apologies for any inconvenience and/or lost posts;

Lost posts!? I had just tirelessly submitted complete previews and reviews for every stage of the Vuelta, along with the results of each stage and a final recap! :o

Now you're just going to have to wait and watch three weeks worth of racing to find out what happens.  :P
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts