• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5652
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: BUGS
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49 »
Not keen on them either, Dim.

I didn't mind the mixed set because I preferred the MSN ones and dipped into the few others that I liked, namely  :ohu and  :yuush, which I find can be used for good and bad "emotions" equally.

Ironically, my issue with this set is that it doesn't actually clearly express the shorthand of "emotions". The obsession with giving each icon extra dimensionality has diminished our ability to actually see what they're trying to tell us. As a result, I find that I frequently have to roll over them and await the tooltip in order to figure out what they mean.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15 »
    : insert smiley here :
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #92 on: September 03, 2013, 13:31 »
    I'm looking at it, but is not actually that simple. Means converting to PNG and renaming and organising 80 smileys. Pain in the bum frankly. And no, they won't be animated :p you can't animate png
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #93 on: September 03, 2013, 13:33 »
    Not keen on them either, Dim.

I didn't mind the mixed set because I preferred the MSN ones and dipped into the few others that I liked, namely  :ohu and  :yuush, which I find can be used for good and bad "emotions" equally.

Ironically, my issue with this set is that it doesn't actually clearly express the shorthand of "emotions". The obsession with giving each icon extra dimensionality has diminished our ability to actually see what they're trying to tell us. As a result, I find that I frequently have to roll over them and await the tooltip in order to figure out what they mean.

That's an easy fix. Just change the triggers. I just just never got around to it :)

Blimey.. We've had these smileys for over six months. I'm on it, and trying to solve the bug and then implement a fully matching set. But it won't be done today. Yadda yadda. 

Ie. Going on about it don't get it done any quicker :p
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #94 on: September 03, 2013, 13:48 »
    That's an easy fix. Just change the triggers. I just just never got around to it :)

Blimey.. We've had these smileys for over six months. I'm on it, and trying to solve the bug and then implement a fully matching set. But it won't be done today. Yadda yadda. 

Ie. Going on about it don't get it done any quicker :p

I'm sorry if what I said seemed negative. I don't want to speak for anyone else but I didn't mind them for as long as they were mixed with the MSN ones, because I mostly only used and saw the MSN ones. But it is true that the MSN ones seem to have disappeared very recently. That's all it is. I'm not clamouring for smileys. :)
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9451
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #95 on: September 03, 2013, 14:03 »

yeh, sure, but can you see stats how many (of the regular) users did really use them? most people who have written something here or in the shoutbox seem to prefer the old ones.

I don't know what it is about with png and no-png - forum speed?
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #96 on: September 03, 2013, 14:57 »
    I know, and im working on it.

There was some weird bug going on where all the smileys were muddled up and i didnt know why. So i TEMPORARILY disabled the msn smileys while i figure it out (and the smileys also need tidying up in general).

I have the default smileys, the msn smileys and another set of smileys on my desktop and have been working on renaming them on and off for a few days (all the smiley sets have to have exactly the same filename to work consistently regardless of what you have set as default.)

so for instance smile.png has to be called smile.png in all sets so that when someone uses that smiley it appears regardless of theme.  but checking all the names across 2 sets of smileys with 60 smileys in total is fairly laborious, so im not doing it all in one sitting.

Everytime i logon I see "ooh, someones found a bug" but no, its just smiley talk :D

I am working on it, but it aint gonna happen no quicker if im pestered :P Sorry for being narky. Im on it

(the reason all sets need to be png is one, gifs look totally crap on modern devices, and two, if one set is png so files are called smiley.png laugh.png then they need to be the same across all sets).

I am on it, as i originally said, msn is only temporarily disabled while i sort things out. Im working on it :D

First i need to sort out the shortcodes so they are more logical. Then i will make sure the smiley sets match, then the msn ones will return. Patience y'all
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #97 on: September 03, 2013, 14:59 »
    I'm sorry if what I said seemed negative. I don't want to speak for anyone else but I didn't mind them for as long as they were mixed with the MSN ones, because I mostly only used and saw the MSN ones. But it is true that the MSN ones seem to have disappeared very recently. That's all it is. I'm not clamouring for smileys. :)

they dissapeared about three days ago when they started being really buggy. i did tell people it was only temporary. maybe that message didnt get around. I should have posted in the smiley thread to explain it was temporary.

just checking through. the vast majority of the key shortcodes are there

:) ;) :P :p :s :') :( :o :O
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #98 on: September 03, 2013, 15:14 »
    ps can we stop Bugging Dim re Bugs

he has a stage preview to write for tomorrow  :D

• ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 18:04 »
    ok, for now there is a second smiley set.

Thats taken me the best part of three hours, im off out on the bike. better things to do :P

msn will return at some point, when i get around to it. :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13 »
    These new smileys are much easier to understand.

I think you underestimated their importance to all of us. ;)

Thanks for doing that, Dim.  :cool :hug
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013, 11:19 »
    They look like the same aliens?
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3504
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 12:01 »
    Thanks Dim    :)  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #103 on: September 04, 2013, 12:22 »
    These new smileys are much easier to understand.

I think you underestimated their importance to all of us. ;)

Thanks for doing that, Dim.  :cool :hug

Didn't underestimate, I just have better things to be doing than battling smileys for three hours :)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #104 on: September 04, 2013, 20:59 »
    I know, and im working on it.

There was some weird bug going on where all the smileys were muddled up and i didnt know why. So i TEMPORARILY disabled the msn smileys while i figure it out (and the smileys also need tidying up in general).

I have the default smileys, the msn smileys and another set of smileys on my desktop and have been working on renaming them on and off for a few days (all the smiley sets have to have exactly the same filename to work consistently regardless of what you have set as default.)

so for instance smile.png has to be called smile.png in all sets so that when someone uses that smiley it appears regardless of theme.  but checking all the names across 2 sets of smileys with 60 smileys in total is fairly laborious, so im not doing it all in one sitting.

Everytime i logon I see "ooh, someones found a bug" but no, its just smiley talk :D

I am working on it, but it aint gonna happen no quicker if im pestered :P Sorry for being narky. Im on it

(the reason all sets need to be png is one, gifs look totally crap on modern devices, and two, if one set is png so files are called smiley.png laugh.png then they need to be the same across all sets).

I am on it, as i originally said, msn is only temporarily disabled while i sort things out. Im working on it :D

First i need to sort out the shortcodes so they are more logical. Then i will make sure the smiley sets match, then the msn ones will return. Patience y'all

Spoiler (hover to show)
    We are not in a hurry so don't feel rushed dim  :'(

This screenshot...left side=BAD   right side=GOOD :D

:)

and we are really attached to our emoties....they give us life
     :niceday
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 02:13 »
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 13:19 »
    posting links to tweets in the shoutbox is not really working (because of twitter-embedding I think)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #107 on: September 16, 2013, 22:36 »
    posting links to tweets in the shoutbox is not really working (because of twitter-embedding I think)
    If I have twit on the side of my desktop open in a small window I drag the twit into the chatbox and it just copies the whole thing... :S  :P

FWIW  :?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #108 on: September 16, 2013, 23:28 »
    If I have twit on the side of my desktop open in a small window I drag the twit into the chatbox and it just copies the whole thing... :S  :P

FWIW  :?

Que?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #109 on: September 17, 2013, 10:28 »
    the forum is too wide again on high resulution screens

happened after the theme change

• ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33 »
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #111 on: September 17, 2013, 10:46 »

#sp_main {max-width: 1280px;}

... or whatever width is desirable and that should do the business.

Add margin: auto if you want to centre the view.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #112 on: September 17, 2013, 10:53 »
    yeh, should be no problem, I think dim just forgot to add it to the standard theme

the post you quoted was about the twitter-embedding in the shoutbox though. I don't think it's supposed to happen?!
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #113 on: September 17, 2013, 13:37 »
    ah yes, looks like fixes i made while the vuelta was on, or maybe while the tour was on i forgot to apply to the default theme. :D

Will sort that later.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 13:41 »
    fixed. max width 1500 was missing from blue css file
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #115 on: September 18, 2013, 00:22 »
    Que?
    Search said posting twit links doesn't work in the shout box...instead of posting a link to a tweet I drag and drop into the shout box.. :embarrassed  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 10:09 »
    Search said posting twit links doesn't work in the shout box...instead of posting a link to a tweet I drag and drop into the shout box.. :embarrassed  :cool

You can't do that, Mewski, this isn't a deli kitchen! Copy paste that link for the win!  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #117 on: September 18, 2013, 12:43 »
    Will sort out the Twitter thing. Should be able to move the js from index. template to display and stop it working in shout box
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 17:06 »
    Will sort out the Twitter thing. Should be able to move the js from index. template to display and stop it working in shout box

testing...testing....twit drag & drop   :D
    "@BissellCycling: BISSELL Signs as 2014 Title Sponsor of Axel Merckx U23 Development Team http://t.co/95pYx1caIU @BISSELLclean"

:brains
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2466
    « Reply #119 on: September 30, 2013, 17:35 »
    Why does my colour scheme keep going back to Vuelta red? It is on standard blue, but displays as red. Only when I select (for instance) Giro pink and then change back to blue it reflects the current WC theme. But then when I close my browser and later reopen the website it's on red again..
  • ReplyReply

•