collapse

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 904
ACTA ad acta
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:11 »
I do not know much of this stuff as usual, only see lot of hipsters, hippies and usual suspects around protesting against ACTA or a multi-national agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards for intellectual property rights enforcement.
Is it really threats to freedom and fundamental human rights, :-[ or just method of musicians, game and software developers to earn some extra money?
Is it interesting that even this site might be under ACTA attack due streams, links to cycling torrents, torrents etc. which sucks, or I am wrong and this is legal?
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

ram

Re: ACTA ad acta
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:34 »
  • ReplyReply

• Auscyclefan

• Future PM of Australia
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 36
    • Feel my wrath
    « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:16 »
    I do not know much of this stuff as usual, only see lot of hipsters, hippies and usual suspects around protesting against ACTA or a multi-national agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards for intellectual property rights enforcement.
    Is it really threats to freedom and fundamental human rights, :-[ or just method of musicians, game and software developers to earn some extra money?
    Is it interesting that even this site might be under ACTA attack due streams, links to cycling torrents, torrents etc. which sucks, or I am wrong and this is legal?

Just another way the world is nearing one world government with all of these global laws and treaties...Let me go vomit.
  • ReplyReply
  • - Australia's greatest sporting moment

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6803
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:11 »
    "Hard cases make bad law" they used to tell us. ACTA is wrong but it will not be the last of its kind.

Here's the official line on it:
    http://ec.europa.eu/trade/tackling-unfair-trade/acta/

And here's the 'other' side of it:
    http://www.stopacta.info
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:32 »
    sh*t started with killing torrent sites, we must pay for it now :D
    Could you imagine George Clooney loosing another million from already fat bank account, I simpatise with them 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 00:09 »
    Is it interesting that even this site might be under ACTA attack due streams, links to cycling torrents, torrents etc.
    It is very hard for the owner of a forum to completely monitor the site and make sure that the members dont post links to streams or bittorrent sites. Pretty much impossible, i just dont have the time, nor do the staff.

Forum owners are ultimately responsible, but its also very hard to make a forum owner liable for the postings of its members. For instance, the livestream thread was created by admin, but lets say, the livestream thread was posted by a random poster with an african ip address, my responsibility would be to ban that user (and another would just come along ;)) and supply the authorities with their ip address. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 00:11 »
    Several sites have already had emails from eurosport asking them to decist from putting links to youtube videos up. Barking at the wrong tree really, they need to be talking to youtube who are one of biggest breakers of copyright law outside of google.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 13:37 »
    It is very hard for the owner of a forum to completely monitor the site and make sure that the members dont post links to streams or bittorrent sites. Pretty much impossible, i just dont have the time, nor do the staff.

Forum owners are ultimately responsible, but its also very hard to make a forum owner liable for the postings of its members. For instance, the livestream thread was created by admin, but lets say, the livestream thread was posted by a random poster with an african ip address, my responsibility would be to ban that user (and another would just come along ;)) and supply the authorities with their ip address. :D
    You would turn me out to the Interpol? :D
    Ok I am gone for a while 8)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 16:20 »
    On ACTA? There are quite a few other Interpol cases for you Tony.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 20:52 »
    On ACTA? There are quite a few other Interpol cases for you Tony.
    Subcontinental blatant sage liar :fp
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [November 24, 2021, 10:55]