:D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    Re: Introduce yourself
    « Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 19:53 »
    Well I can see this is going to be one serious and uptight kind of forum.  :-X

nice emoticons

I was one of the velo10 that got deleted otherwise I would have been a top user already :o

Going to work on the emoteicons.

They're actually kind of refreshing in a cheesy way  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• BlueBuzzard

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 19:57 »
    Evening All,

Love the TeamSkyFans site so hopefully I'll find plenty of like minded people on here. Been cycling seriously for about 15 months now and entered a few Sportives last year to get myself motivated on those less than hospitable days. Huge fan of Team Sky and really looking forward to this year.

I'm aiming to do at least 1000 miles of events this year for charity and already signed up to the Wiggle No Excuses, Peak 100, Dragon Ride, both (YES BOTH) Etape du Tour stages and just today added the Etape Cymru to the list. So I'm just shy of 600 miles so far for this year!

Also spending time during the Etape rides getting out to watch the Tour de France this year as well. Can't Wait.

Jay
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3349
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 20:08 »
    He has already deleted one of my posts. It was a lovely cat video ;D

Gosh strict rules...what was the cat doing??  :-*
     :D

the cat was lost with the ten members.
  • ReplyReply

• Reno

• Coach Potato
    « Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 20:20 »

Hello there.. my name is Reno and I looove cycling. That's all there is you need to know at this point ;) The forum I use to frequent is drying up, uninspiring me at least, so when I heard about a new forum, I thought it would be a good idea to jump on board and see what is it about, how informative and wether the good overshadows the amount of bs. I do have a handle on cn forum, but not really active there; I simply follow a few threads that are of interest.
    Passionate about cycling, among other things, aspiring journalist in a way, though uncharted territory. Between jobs, hence my current interest in web publishing, blogging. Something is cookin' tho, but more on that another time. Twitter handle: renovandael
  • ReplyReply

• The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 19
    « Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 20:35 »
    Hey I'm Moondance, 23 year old student from the Netherlands, and a founding father of the Dutch mafia (yes, we've infiltrated this place already).
  • ReplyReply
  • "The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes, A Tract on Monetary Reform

barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 357
    « Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 20:41 »
    Hey I'm Moondance, 23 year old student from the Netherlands, and a founding father of the Dutch mafia (yes, we've infiltrated this place already).
    And we already have the corrupt cop again  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• badger60.1

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 21:41 »
    Hi my name is Dave, i ride a Pinarello Dogma (although i dont do it justice)i plan afew sportives this year so i may meet up with some of you,i'm also a moderator on a honda fireblade site so if there is anything i can do to help please dont hesitate to ask,
    cheers folks,
    Dave (badger60.1)
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 21:50 »
    hi, my name is sublimit and i sometimes ride a Fondriest also have a rubbish saracen MTB and i collect snails ;)

what happened to the other smilies?  these ones are weird!
  • ReplyReply

• stefrees

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 21:56 »
    Hi I'm stef, ride a ribble Gran fondo with campagnolo, villa fan, sky fan, and was an unprofilic poster over on the advert forum.
  • ReplyReply

• bicycle-ho

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 22:39 »
    I'm a bike-ho, but it's only one of my many vices.

Love the sport even with all it's drama but most of all I love bicycles (all kinds).  I've ridden and followed cycling for too many years to list here.  I guess you could say I'm old school.

...and yes I post elsewhere under a different handle.  I figured this was a chance for a clean start, if you will.
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2574
    • Social Media Jurist
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 23:17 »
    Spoiler (hover to show)
    I'm krebs303

• ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 23:20 »
    Evening all, why hi there Krebs. ;)

Wasn't the same without the avatar. Where's the BoB? :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 23:38 »
    mewmewmew13 here from cn....this place looks to be interesting. I ride a Wilier and also have a Ridley x bike....love cycling and bikes.
    It will be intriguing to see how many members are here at this time next week.

nice job, dim  ...btw the big creepy-looking emoticons are gone again... ??? :D
  • ReplyReply

• pedaling squares

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 107
    « Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 00:39 »
    Hello all. Thought I would join my second-ever forum and bring my same user name with the same Amurican spelling from the CN forum. Interesting to see this thing get off the ground, good work dim. If it can match the quality of the tsf site it won't be half bad at all.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Well don't run with the riders, you twit."

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 01:10 »
    Im Dim, obviously.

Most people know me from cn forums, or twitter (@dimspace).
    Hang on a second, if your dim whose "admin"? :o

I feel like im in the end of a skooby doo episode where the guy you thought it was all along didnt do it.

If I follow this to its logical conclusion its the guy no one  expects.

Daniel benson?
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 01:12 »
    dim has 2 accounts.

1 admin, one where he is a regular user.

or so i assume.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 01:18 »
    Im Dim, obviously.

Most people know me from cn forums, or twitter (@dimspace).
    Hang on a second, if your dim whose "admin"? :o

Im dim. :P 99% of the time I will just be regular old me, and not even a moderator (I dont think its good for the owner to also be seen as a mod - its the users forum - not mine). The admin account is the one used for adding new features, maintaining the forum, etc
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 01:31 »
    I am The Arbiter, you may have seen me around before, I've had a couple of other names also...
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35 »
    I am The Arbiter, you may have seen me around before, I've had a couple of other names also...

well hopefully you will just need the one  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 02:38 »

On CNF you may have succeeded in expelling the 2 former members who notoriously  defected to the Colombians in the Boogerd wars of 05.

But without several high ranking members of the organizatsya such as Francois, youngest and Dekker Tifosi,  the position is looking weak, especially since  Cartel Don   DAOTEC aka Solo Mono aka Spanglish   aka "El Senor de los interwebs"   is not exiled from this  new country and is free to come set up operations. Likewise  chief enforcer Ryo "El Animal" Hazuki   is free to join him.
  • ReplyReply

• Vandenberg

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55 »
    Vandenberg, from Sydney.
    Looks like this forum has formed from CN or somesuch, seems like there's a core group come from somewhere else that all seem to know each other already.
    So what does velorooms have to offer that can't be found elsewhere? 
  • ReplyReply

• timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12 »

On CNF you may have succeeded in expelling the 2 former members who notoriously  defected to the Colombians in the Boogerd wars of 05.

But without several high ranking members of the organizatsya such as Francois, youngest and Dekker Tifosi,  the position is looking weak, especially since  Cartel Don   DAOTEC aka Solo Mono aka Spanglish   aka "El Senor de los interwebs"   is not exiled from this  new country and is free to come set up operations. Likewise  chief enforcer Ryo "El Animal" Hazuki   is free to join him.

The mafioso does not fear a colombian uprising. We encourage other families to have a presence, as long as these people understand who really hold the power on the internetz there is no problem here.

As for ryo, he could have been great in the dutch mafioso... but he choose a life of exile, failure and dissapointment; to be fair those being the core attributes of a dutchman maybe all is not lost.

But the Mafioso is stronger then ever, don't let the transparency of our greatness fool you.

• ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 03:44 »
    Vandenberg, from Sydney.
    Looks like this forum has formed from CN or somesuch, seems like there's a core group come from somewhere else that all seem to know each other already.

Yep, think this forum was started due to a number of people that were fed up with the cycling news forum.

I am Dave, and contrary to the name am no longer in Zambia but in Sydney (still use the name as do not have a good enough memory to remember more than 1 signon). After 15 years away rediscovered my love of cycling (both watching and riding) a couple of years ago, largely down to arrival of Team Sky.

I ride a Malvern star (choice was entirely based on the interest free offer that came with it) which my wife already terms the gift that keeps on giving due to the constant need for upgrades, clothes, toys etc etc

Mainly hang around the cyclingnews forums for insider info on teams / riders from people who know (or pretend to know) far more than me, and race info.

thought i would check this place out as a number of people had moved over.

oh and i still need my daily dose of the Random World of Krebs
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:46 by daveinzambia »

GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02 »
    Vandenberg, from Sydney.

No silly outbrain.com advertising stuck in the middle of posts...:-)

Many thanks to Dim for a new space, and he knows how to use the features available to him, etc, etc. Cheers.

I am the same old GreasyMonkey from CN Forums. Australian, resident in Madrid , my rides are Mondonico & Teschner frames with Campag gear. Live in the mountains and cannot climb for love nor money.......
  • ReplyReply

• doolols

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 33
    « Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 13:51 »
    Hellooooo

I also came from the CN site, where some of you may have occasionally seen my downtube floating around the Clinic.

Middle-aged, retired, just started cycling 'properly' after a lifetime of meandering slowly from place to place. I also write. Badly.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10236
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 13:56 »
    The mafioso does not fear a colombian uprising. We encourage other families to have a presence, as long as these people understand who really hold the power on the internetz there is no problem here.

As for ryo, he could have been great in the dutch mafioso... but he choose a life of exile, failure and dissapointment; to be fair those being the core attributes of a dutchman maybe all is not lost.

But the Mafioso is stronger then ever, don't let the transparency of our greatness fool you.

But you dropped the love Rabo bit timmy sad to see it go

JSG
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 14:35 »
    Vandenberg, from Sydney.

Yes, a few people have come from cn, but hopefully that will be balanced out from people who come in from twitter, teamskyfans and other areas.

What does it offer. Well thats something that only time will tell. The basic premise is just to provide a decent english language forum where the users can have some input into the way it is run, features, and how the community develops.

I also, as you will notice from the links at the top want it to work with other sites to give them some publicity. Theres so many great sites out there, but unless you follow the right people on twitter, or go to certain places you dont see them. We arent here to compete with other cycling sites, but hopefully compliment them.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10236
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 14:40 »
    wonder if Susan Westemeyer will come over and say hi
  • ReplyReply

• mc_mountain

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 921
    « Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 17:01 »
    On CN with the same user name - pretty much lurk on CN. maybe a bit more active here, maybe not.  Have taken a very keen interest in road cycling in the last few years, after watching the tour for years.

Tommke is one of my favourite riders now I follow the whole season (hence the avatar), when I just watched in July I was never very fond of him.  He has also been on my CQ team two years running - was able to place 3rd last year, could have been better if poor Soler hadnt suffered so @ TdS and hadnt decided to keep my team to 30 to mimic protour regs and as result didnt include Cobo.

Also a regular visitor to teamskyfans, CQ rankings and cyclingfever

I'm not scottish, the mc is emcee (joke from a long time ago) and mountain bit is just by chance.

Find Paul and Phil difficult to deal with. 
    Hoping for an outcome on the Lance investigation that leaves no room for doubt.

on twitter as @completewasters
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.