collapse

Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 49
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 18:43 »
wonder if Susan Westemeyer will come over and say hi

And why not?  Hi!

Just don't expect me to write much, just like the CN forum, cycling4fans forum etc.  Gotta maintain that ol' journalistic objectivity.....

Susan
  • ReplyReply
  • tick-ink.biz/eng

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #61 on: January 24, 2012, 18:59 »
    I've also come over from the CNForums where I peddle my wares Dopeology.org and Timekeeper Brussels Homestay where folks can come stay at my place and see the Spring Classics.

Might get a ban now for being mild commercial but at least it's not a banner ad.  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 19:01 by L'arriviste »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10423
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 20:18 »
    Was not a negative, just that you are part of the cn furniture hope u do post up a storm
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #63 on: January 24, 2012, 20:30 »
    I've also come over from the CNForums where I peddle my wares Dopeology.org and Timekeeper Brussels Homestay where folks can come stay at my place and see the Spring Classics.

Might get a ban now for being mild commercial but at least it's not a banner ad.  ;)

No offense, but do you really have to have that blatant reference to doping in your signature?
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 20:56 »
    No offense, but do you really have to have that blatant reference to doping in your signature?

Yes, unless I hear otherwise. But it's an historical reference website, not a glorification of doping and I designed, built and administer it. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 21:00 by L'arriviste »

timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 23:07 »
    But you dropped the love Rabo bit timmy sad to see it go

JSG

i always regretted that.

screw rabo  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1902
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 23:10 »
    Just dropping in to say hello. My username should provide plenty for now but I must admit that I have a growing concern that cycling, and the interwebz in general, have diverted too much attention away my music over the past few years. Seriously. <looking for the appropriate emoticon for concern & humor but the selection here really is silly>
    Not sure that joining yet another online community is the best solution for that though.

Also, whatever it takes to eliminate this "couch potato" business will be a strong motivator for upping my post count in the near future.

I do like the name and logo of the forum here. It's inviting. Some nice user controls as well.

Thanks!
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 23:12 by Drummer Boy »

Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59 »
    Yes, unless I hear otherwise. But it's an historical reference website, not a glorification of doping and I designed, built and administer it. :)

I certainly didn't think your site was a glorification of doping, and all credit to you for your efforts! But, that's not my point.

I'm sure that I'm not the only poster on the other side who avoids the Clinic, and I won't be taking part in doping discussions here either. Why then should I (or anyone else who feels the same) have to see the word 'doping' staring at me every time I see one of your posts?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 02:05 »
    Signatures only appear once per page anyway to save bandwith (as we are allowing images in signtures)
    Im sure the mods will decide privately what is allowed in signatures.  :-*
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #69 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16 »
    i always regretted that.

screw rabo  ;)

Indeed, once Wilco moves to GreenEdge for 2014 there will be no reason to support Rabo anymore.
  • ReplyReply

• pedaling squares

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 107
    « Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31 »
    Signatures only appear once per page anyway to save bandwith (as we are allowing images in signtures)
    Now that's a great idea. I don't mind signatures, but it's always annoying to see the same one (especially the large and bright ones) several times per page when a member is having a back n' forth conversation. You're really onto something with the features here, or maybe that just exposes my lack of sophistication with forum software.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Well don't run with the riders, you twit."

CyclingShorts

• Liked: 0
      • Cycling Shorts.
    « Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 02:36 »
    We need some cycling smileys designing.. ;)

I'll Have a go when I have a spare mo! Frankly these are just disturbing...  ???
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38 »
    Now that's a great idea. I don't mind signatures, but it's always annoying to see the same one (especially the large and bright ones) several times per page when a member is having a back n' forth conversation. You're really onto something with the features here, or maybe that just exposes my lack of sophistication with forum software.

going with a comprimise. People can have images (to a certain height, i think its 60px by about 400 across) or flashy text etc, but balanced by only one per page which makes the pages less of an eyesore (and easier on mobilebrowsing etc)
  • ReplyReply

• timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #73 on: January 25, 2012, 02:55 »
    I'll Have a go when I have a spare mo! Frankly these are just disturbing...  ???

i like them. crazy/psychotic smilies I've always loved.

^ add this one please.  :-*
    --

who is The Arbiter?
  • ReplyReply

• bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #74 on: January 25, 2012, 07:28 »
    Indeed, once Wilco moves to GreenEdge for 2014 there will be no reason to support Rabo anymore.

Good one! It's totally going to happen.
    Domestique for Cameron Meyer at Le Tour ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

Frank71

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 07:41 »
    Hi, I'm Frank71. Also coming from the CN forum, mainly as a super lurker.

I stopped regular cycling five years ago (five years and two days to be exact) and intend to start again, eventually.

Still working on an appropriate avatar.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:02 by Frank71 »

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17 »
    I certainly didn't think your site was a glorification of doping, and all credit to you for your efforts! But, that's not my point.

I'm sure that I'm not the only poster on the other side who avoids the Clinic, and I won't be taking part in doping discussions here either. Why then should I (or anyone else who feels the same) have to see the word 'doping' staring at me every time I see one of your posts?

Fair enough, but it appears as my sig on CNForum outside the Clinic and you've never complained there before. :) I think it's because the relative text size of the posts here is much smaller than it is on CNForum. I'll suggest upping the size to Dim. If he doesn't want to, I'll diminish my sig just for you. Can't say fairer than that, can I?  8)
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 12:12 »
    Fair enough, but it appears as my sig on CNForum outside the Clinic and you've never complained there before. :) I think it's because the relative text size of the posts here is much smaller than it is on CNForum. I'll suggest upping the size to Dim. If he doesn't want to, I'll diminish my sig just for you. Can't say fairer than that, can I?  8)

I'm sure that we can reach a compromise like reasonable adults. ;)

Your sig is far less noticeable in the other place, and I tend to see less of your posts there than I am likely to here. Also, when I first broached this subject I was not aware of the 'one signature per page' tweak here. Changing the relative proportions of either text or signature so that yours becomes less 'eye-popping' would be a splendid solution. Thanks for your understanding!
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #78 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31 »
    ive posted the css for l'arriviste in the features thread so he can play around with the default forum fonts and sizes if he wishes.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 256
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    « Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 13:01 »
    Hi all,just found you, looks good.
    Is Amsterhammer the old poster from KUMB.  A lifelong Hammer myself.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 13:13 »
    Hi all,just found you, looks good.
    Is Amsterhammer the old poster from KUMB.  A lifelong Hammer myself.

I am indeed! Who were you when I still posted there? My last post there was nearly five years ago, when I replied to the condolence topic for my wife.

Another Hammer cycling fan, far out! 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 256
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    « Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 13:21 »
    Jasper was my username on there, never a heavy poster though. Still visit there most days checking out the joke thread.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 14:26 »
    The mafioso does not fear a colombian uprising. We encourage other families to have a presence, as long as these people understand who really hold the power on the internetz there is no problem here.

As for ryo, he could have been great in the dutch mafioso... but he choose a life of exile, failure and dissapointment; to be fair those being the core attributes of a dutchman maybe all is not lost.

But the Mafioso is stronger then ever, don't let the transparency of our greatness fool you.

If the Dutch mafia wants to survive on here it needs to find a new angle. The Mollema/ Keldermann/ Gesink/ every other dutch rabo rider, will win all 21 stages in the Tour and only ever lose because they let others win - trope, has had its time.

No silly outbrain.com advertising stuck in the middle of posts...:-)

Many thanks to Dim for a new space, and he knows how to use the features available to him, etc, etc. Cheers.

I am the same old GreasyMonkey from CN Forums. Australian, resident in Madrid , my rides are Mondonico & Teschner frames with Campag gear. Live in the mountains and cannot climb for love nor money.......

You live in Madrid. Wow awesome.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 358
    « Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 15:22 »
    Let me jsut introduce myself as well.
    My name is Barry, I live in the Netherlands (a long standing member from the Dutch mafia as well)
    I am currently pretty much unemployed, so I got a lot of time for riding my bike. I have studied law and criminology
    Came on here from the CN forum where I have been a moderator, although I already resigned from this position several months ago
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 15:24 »
    If the Dutch mafia wants to survive on here it needs to find a new angle...

Actually you know that's very curious: you hit on something I was feeling my way towards too while browsing here. Mewmewmew13 already suggested in the Shoutbox that young Boomcie take the opportunity to mature a little in this forum, given his history of bannage "over there". How many other users will similarly "make a fresh start" with VeloRooms? Joining up here is a moment of tabula rasa, a sort of poetic redemption.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #85 on: January 25, 2012, 15:32 »
    Let me jsut introduce myself as well.
    My name is Barry, I live in the Netherlands (a long standing member from the Dutch mafia as well)
    I am currently pretty much unemployed, so I got a lot of time for riding my bike. I have studied law and criminology
    Came on here from the CN forum where I have been a moderator, although I already resigned from this position several months ago

Wow, Barry: you did exactly the same honours as I!

I never qualified as an advocate because I had already decided not to bother after becoming disillusioned as an assistant on a particularly difficult rape and child abuse case.

The criminology stuff I was particularly fond of but it seemed ominous to me that all my profs resembled the people they studied: broken homes and alcoholism.

Anyway I decided to get out of academe right after graduating and then after selling banks and forming a few disgusting corporations and public-private partnerships, I bridged into technology. It was still a time when you could still do that easily.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 15:36 »
    Actually you know that's very curious: you hit on something I was feeling my way towards too while browsing here. Mewmewmew13 already suggested in the Shoutbox that young Boomcie take the opportunity to mature a little in this forum, given his history of bannage "over there". How many other users will similarly "make a fresh start" with VeloRooms? Joining up here is a moment of tabula rasa, a sort of poetic redemption.

In essence everyone gets a complete clean slate when they join up. So we won't take into account banning histories and such from other sites

Wow, Barry: you did exactly the same honours as I!

I never qualified as an advocate because I had already decided not to bother after becoming disillusioned as an assistant on a particularly difficult rape and child abuse case.

The criminology stuff I was particularly fond of but it seemed ominous to me that all my profs resembled the people they studied: broken homes and alcoholism.

Anyway I decided to get out of academe right after graduating and then after selling banks and forming a few disgusting corporations and public-private partnerships, I bridged into technology. It was still a time when you could still do that easily.

Well, it is a bit different, I specialized in international public law and the criminology is a specific master cocnerning international crimes. So it did not really have to do with broken homes and such and child abuse, but mroe with genocide, mass rape and other systemic human rights violations. I am actually looking to remain in academia and would like to get a phd position or some other research position ( I would not really like to be either a defense attorney or a public prosecutor in these types of cases, mainly because of the gruesome nature of many of these acts)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #87 on: January 25, 2012, 15:43 »
    In essence everyone gets a complete clean slate when they join up. So we won't take into account banning histories and such from other sites

Well, it is a bit different, I specialized in international public law and the criminology is a specific master cocnerning international crimes. So it did not really have to do with broken homes and such and child abuse, but mroe with genocide, mass rape and other systemic human rights violations. I am actually looking to remain in academia and would like to get a phd position or some other research position ( I would not really like to be either a defense attorney or a public prosecutor in these types of cases, mainly because of the gruesome nature of many of these acts)

You probably shouldn't answer this due to privacy etc but your description of your studies sounds a lot like the course they do at Maastricht. I personally know several graduates of that who work here in Brussels.

I understand it better now. You're more a Den Haag than a Govan sort of guy ;) Niche area in which to find funding. Best of luck to you!
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #88 on: January 25, 2012, 15:54 »
    You probably shouldn't answer this due to privacy etc but your description of your studies sounds a lot like the course they do at Maastricht. I personally know several graduates of that who work here in Brussels.

I understand it better now. You're more a Den Haag than a Govan sort of guy ;) Niche area in which to find funding. Best of luck to you!

I didn't know they had such a course at Maastricht. But luckily multiple institutes all over the world are just creating faculties or departments about this exact problem so funding isn't really a problem, the problem is finding a place where they want a starter
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 15:56 by barrus »

Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #89 on: January 25, 2012, 15:57 »
    There sure are an awful lot of Dutch and Belgians around here. ;D

I would have introduced myself on the first page if the village idiot hadn't decided to steal my identity. Many will recognize me from CN, one even from an earlier lifetime! ;)

I'm American and have lived in Amsterdam for 23 years, so I"m pretty much a local here too. My wife died of breast cancer nearly five years ago, since which I live alone. I have three grown sons, one lives here, one with his mother in London, and the oldest with my two grandchildren in Indianapolis.

Unlike some, I have never created an artificial online persona. What you see is what you get.
  • ReplyReply

•