collapse

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 3364
    • Velorooms
  • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 16:40 »
Unlike some, I have never created an artificial online persona. What you see is what you get.

As Barrus Said

• ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 16:56 »
    As Barrus Said

Shouldn't you be addressing this suggestion to the person who needs it? I'm no different here than anywhere else. Neither, sadly, is he.
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 0
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 18:08 »
    Well Many of you know me already... Ryaguas From the CN...

24yo, Petroleum Engineer but unemployed, the global crisis is killing me... no one wants an starter  :'( anyway... focusing in my master degree, trying to have fun... The mafioso rejected my application long ago... so I'm stading in the neutral zone in this war of the families... until some of them wants to recruit me  8)

Nice to see all those great ppl, that I already knew from CN, here... a shame that Timmy change his name =( hope to get Ryo to this new home, plz dont call DAOTEC I cant stand that guy or girl... bah...

Great work Dim! a nice place you have here...!  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Inspired by Climbing
    Allez Contador

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 18:44 »
    Well Many of you know me already... Ryaguas From the CN...

24yo, Petroleum Engineer but unemployed, the global crisis is killing me... no one wants an starter  :'( anyway... focusing in my master degree, trying to have fun... The mafioso rejected my application long ago... so I'm stading in the neutral zone in this war of the families... until some of them wants to recruit me 8)

Nice to see all those great ppl, that I already knew from CN, here... a shame that Timmy change his name =( hope to get Ryo to this new home, plz dont call DAOTEC I cant stand that guy or girl... bah...

Great work Dim! a nice place you have here...!  ;)

u should Start a southern european affiliated mafia (you know the dirty doping countries :D).. :P
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 18:45 by Z_Olyas »

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 18:47 »
    I am zam_olyas from the neighbouring forum.
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 18:53 »
    u should Start a southern european affiliated mafia (you know the dirty doping countries :D).. :P

Are you commanding that mafioso?  :D
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 19:36 »
    Sorry i'm late  :P but i am here.

Well done Dim. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 19:56 »
    Sorry i'm late  :P but i am here.

Well done Dim. ;)

Welcome Benotti! Nice to see you here
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 20:14 »
    cheers.  :)
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #99 on: January 26, 2012, 06:47 »
    I guess we should be the Mediterranian Mafia - be careful, we will soon make your currency worthless, along with our own:-)
  • ReplyReply

• Sizzle

• Owner of Liquigas & Garmin
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 144
    • Vale Craig1985
    « Reply #100 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54 »
    Decided to keep the username I have on Cycling News because a lot of you will be familiar with it.

I started following cycling 5-6 years ago. One night after a life-drawing class I turned on the TV and saw the Tour de France coverage. Something about the shifting and morphing of the peloton, its shape and colours, was hypnotic. I watched it again the next night and, over time, found myself moving from an aesthetic appreciation of the hive-like peloton and stunning scenery to the tactics and contradictions (it's a team sport but individuals win races? huh?) that shape actual racing.

My own bike is a Malvern Star. I'm a ride-about-town-in-civvies kind of cyclist. I started cycling to reduce my carbon footprint and increase my level of health, but the more I ride the more I love it just for what it is.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 13:46 »
    Fair enough, but it appears as my sig on CNForum outside the Clinic and you've never complained there before. :) I think it's because the relative text size of the posts here is much smaller than it is on CNForum. I'll suggest upping the size to Dim. If he doesn't want to, I'll diminish my sig just for you. Can't say fairer than that, can I?  8)

Thanks for the adjustment. We have reached an equitable compromise without any aggro, which is as it should be! ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #102 on: January 26, 2012, 17:59 »
    Another lurker making the jump from CN.  Same name there, but i doubt anyone remembers me as I really never posted at all.  Lets see if I can make a better habit of contributing here.

Welcome mate! nice to have you here!
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #103 on: January 26, 2012, 18:01 »
    Decided to keep the username I have on Cycling News because a lot of you will be familiar with it.

I started following cycling 5-6 years ago. One night after a life-drawing class I turned on the TV and saw the Tour de France coverage. Something about the shifting and morphing of the peloton, its shape and colours, was hypnotic. I watched it again the next night and, over time, found myself moving from an aesthetic appreciation of the hive-like peloton and stunning scenery to the tactics and contradictions (it's a team sport but individuals win races? huh?) that shape actual racing.

My own bike is a Malvern Star. I'm a ride-about-town-in-civvies kind of cyclist. I started cycling to reduce my carbon footprint and increase my level of health, but the more I ride the more I love it just for what it is.

Welcome to you too SpareTyre :P
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #104 on: January 26, 2012, 19:18 »
    Barrus,
    No, this is TFF.  Susan banned me because I referred to TITTIES in a thread (which only repeated a post in the same thread that was posted on the 13th of Jan.)  She had been itching to ban me, so as she did last time, she invented a reason.  She has the power there, so that is her right.  It is however a reminder of why things went downhill at DPF.

Past that, I am happy I have a place to post.  The secret hidden home to my favorite topic is not available yet, but in 9 more posts, it will.  Good to see so many familiar people here.  Good also to see you as a mod again.
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #105 on: January 26, 2012, 19:26 »
    You were banned to send you here. Its all part of the cunning plan.

As for
    Spoiler (hover to show)
    . What happens at
    Spoiler (hover to show)
    stays at 
    Spoiler (hover to show)

This is a fresh start and a clean slate for some.  :-*

*really must change those smilies*
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #106 on: January 26, 2012, 19:28 »
    Fair enough.  I leave there never to return.  Thanks for creating this.  It was well needed Dim.  That place has its uses, but there appears to be a little bit more freedom (babes thread was the first clue).  I like more freedom (but not too much, I promise).  Cheers!
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #107 on: January 26, 2012, 19:30 »
    Glad to see some other nutters joining  :P
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #108 on: January 26, 2012, 19:34 »
    OMFG! TFF has joined! God Helps us!  :-* hahaha
    Welcome mate! Nice to have you here!
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #109 on: January 26, 2012, 19:41 »
    It's great to see so many familiar faces here.  A nice place dim has created kind of like a little getaway cottage in the woods.  :P

Spare Tyre you are hooked! Once you feel the cycling like that ... ;D

welcome to all!
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #110 on: January 26, 2012, 19:44 »
    Awesome, TFF in the house!  8)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #111 on: January 26, 2012, 19:45 »
    Barrus,
    No, this is TFF.  Susan banned me because I referred to TITTIES in a thread (which only repeated a post in the same thread that was posted on the 13th of Jan.)  She had been itching to ban me, so as she did last time, she invented a reason.  She has the power there, so that is her right.  It is however a reminder of why things went downhill at DPF.

Past that, I am happy I have a place to post.  The secret hidden home to my favorite topic is not available yet, but in 9 more posts, it will.  Good to see so many familiar people here.  Good also to see you as a mod again.

Well fornicate my old boots! What a surprise on my return from the coffee shop. I'm actually glad to see you. ;D

Let's both agree to forget ancient history and avoid anything LA related on the basis of Dim's 'clean slate' policy, ok?

Yes, we can post boobies, but Barrus would like us to avoid pink bits. I have not yet tested the limits of tolerance, but I'm sure I can count on your help in that regard. :P

Yes, Dim knows the smilies suck, we'll get better ones. There is a politics topic too. In short, welcome.

edit - I didn't actually write 'fornicate'
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 19:46 by Amsterhammer »

Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 19:52 »
    Well fornicate my old boots! What a surprise on my return from the coffee shop. I'm actually glad to see you. ;D

Let's both agree to forget ancient history and avoid anything LA related on the basis of Dim's 'clean slate' policy, ok?

Yes, we can post boobies, but Barrus would like us to avoid pink bits. I have not yet tested the limits of tolerance, but I'm sure I can count on your help in that regard. :P

Yes, Dim knows the smilies suck, we'll get better ones. There is a politics topic too. In short, welcome.

edit - I didn't actually write 'fornicate'

I can't talk about LA?  I guess that's cool as long as I can post about TITTIES!!
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 19:55 »
    Hey TFF wasnt Cobblestoned you archinemesis?
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 19:57 »
    I can't talk about LA?  I guess that's cool as long as I can post about TITTIES!!

You can discuss LA to your heart's content in the place reserved for that purpose. ;)

I won't be joining you there, so that solves that.

We could even add beer to the tittles.....
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #115 on: January 26, 2012, 20:05 »
    Hey TFF wasnt Cobblestoned you archinemesis?

Actually, stoned and me are on good terms.  We disagree about LA, but past that, we are cool.  Is he here?
  • ReplyReply

• Cobblestones

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 4
    « Reply #116 on: January 26, 2012, 21:12 »
    Fair enough.  I leave there never to return.  Thanks for creating this.  It was well needed Dim.  That place has its uses, but there appears to be a little bit more freedom (babes thread was the first clue).  I like more freedom (but not too much, I promise).  Cheers!

I just noticed you were banned on the other place. Reason enough for me to make the jump. Now I have to figure out a new forum. This might be my 4th or 5th cycling forum :sigh:

and, oh yeah, this is Cobblestones.
  • ReplyReply
  • Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #117 on: January 26, 2012, 21:21 »
    I just noticed you were banned on the other place. Reason enough for me to make the jump. Now I have to figure out a new forum. This might be my 4th or 5th cycling forum :sigh:

Two heavyweights in one day. This is on the scale of a Soviet-era defection! ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #118 on: January 26, 2012, 21:57 »

Yea, they were looking for any reason, and it was taking too long, so they just made one up.  Banned over using a word that isn't blocked by the word filter and that was used in several other places with no editing.  Oh well.  I was poking them in the eye regularly, so it isn't like it was wholly unexpected.  I do think I will switch though.  It isn't the forum it once was, and it was about time to leave.

Good to see you here.

P.S.  Don't tell Polish where we are.  Actually, send him over.  He is good for a laugh sometimes.

• ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #119 on: January 26, 2012, 22:00 »
    Ufffff

Welcome Cobblestones!! nice to see you here!!

Having TFF and Cobblestones here is like having Contador and Cancellara in the same team   :D

Hey BroDeal isnt Polish at the end? I thought that He was Polish haha

If we have TFF and CS here then we need Polish and Wonderlance! hahahaha
  • ReplyReply

•