collapse

krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
  • Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 2624
  • Donald J Krabkakes
  • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
Moving to Sydney
« on: February 17, 2012, 21:41 »
Got someone in my Warmshowers group moving to Sydney, Australia from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico

"To Australia
Submitted by micha.aa on Fri, 2012-02-17 11:46

Touring Notes - Your tours, planned tours, looking for riders

I´m moving to Australia in October, i need some help with the city, i´ll need to buy a bike and all about. I´ve never been there so i´m a little bit scared. I wish can meet people to road with!
Thank u for any kind of info or advised!
See u at Sydney!"

I would happy to relay any info or put you in touch with them

thnx
krebs303
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 377
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    Re: Moving to Sydney
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 00:50 »
    There are a few good clubs and groups around Sydney, the Manly/Warringah club is very friendly and has a lot of good races and rides. They are based on the Northern Beaches and have access to some great places.

Out west the Penrith club is big and active, they tend to stick to the Blue Mountains where there is some great riding as well. I don't knkow too much about the southern suburbs but there should be plenty of good places to ride down around Cronulla/Maroubra/Sutherland.

Try http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au and http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au. Both have information on clubs, ride routes and events right through Sydney and New South Wales.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 00:58 »
    There are a few good clubs and groups around Sydney, the Manly/Warringah club is very friendly and has a lot of good races and rides. They are based on the Northern Beaches and have access to some great places.

Out west the Penrith club is big and active, they tend to stick to the Blue Mountains where there is some great riding as well. I don't knkow too much about the southern suburbs but there should be plenty of good places to ride down around Cronulla/Maroubra/Sutherland.

Try http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au and http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au. Both have information on clubs, ride routes and events right through Sydney and New South Wales.

I am in Sydney but do know much about local clubs or rides as i always ride on my own.

I do see a few clubs out around Coogee / Maroubra / la perouse

Also know there are regular races help in Heffron Park in Maroubra.

I know Sydney Uni has an active club that welcomes non students as well. There are a couple of more hard core rides that head towards the airport on week days that get a lot of the better local riders / visiting pros but think that is a real A game ride

A lot of people ride either head north towards west head or south to waterfall and the national park on weekends
    and a few clubs do intervals etc in centennial park in the city

happy to pass on any info i know, or answer any questions but like i say, probably not the person to ask as all i know is club Dave
  • ReplyReply

• bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • National Champion
    • Liked: 147
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 13:50 »
    snip... I wish can meet people to road with!   snip...
    make sure to avoid durianrider =P
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 00:37 »
    make sure to avoid durianrider =P

If they are not pro then Durian rider will not be interested. If they are pro's there is no avoiding him. you will just look round one day and find a skinny dude on a bamboo bike eating bananas on your back wheel.

also he does not venture this far south, think he is based on Gold Coast
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [November 24, 2021, 10:55]