collapse

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
  • Classics Winner
  • Liked: 359
Re: Moving to Sydney
« on: February 21, 2012, 00:58 »
There are a few good clubs and groups around Sydney, the Manly/Warringah club is very friendly and has a lot of good races and rides. They are based on the Northern Beaches and have access to some great places.

Out west the Penrith club is big and active, they tend to stick to the Blue Mountains where there is some great riding as well. I don't knkow too much about the southern suburbs but there should be plenty of good places to ride down around Cronulla/Maroubra/Sutherland.

Try http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au and http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au. Both have information on clubs, ride routes and events right through Sydney and New South Wales.

I am in Sydney but do know much about local clubs or rides as i always ride on my own.

I do see a few clubs out around Coogee / Maroubra / la perouse

Also know there are regular races help in Heffron Park in Maroubra.

I know Sydney Uni has an active club that welcomes non students as well. There are a couple of more hard core rides that head towards the airport on week days that get a lot of the better local riders / visiting pros but think that is a real A game ride

A lot of people ride either head north towards west head or south to waterfall and the national park on weekends
and a few clubs do intervals etc in centennial park in the city

happy to pass on any info i know, or answer any questions but like i say, probably not the person to ask as all i know is club Dave
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: 2022 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by Leadbelly
    [January 27, 2022, 21:13]

Re: 2022 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by t-72
    [January 27, 2022, 20:49]

Re: 2022 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by Leadbelly
    [January 27, 2022, 19:15]

2022 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by Leadbelly
    [January 27, 2022, 19:07]

Giro 2022 - General Discussion by t-72