collapse

Poll

How do you drink coffee?

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1739
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: Coffee
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 00:26 »
When offered coffee I mostly accept, as far as make coffee it is something I never do, mainly because if I have an option I most times prefer something else, which means I won't have real coffee around and only instant which in turns demise my desire for coffee further, Espresso I rarely drink, only when I really want to wake up which normally fails, leading me to drinking 4 cups of espresso fall a sleep and wake up about an hour later way too awake for everybody, I try to limit my caffeine usage so that when I do use it has a good effect and I'm not just tired when I am not on it. French press is honestly the best way to make coffee, that way it normally becomes really good, filter coffee is terrible in comparison, machine coffee is either weak 1 serving or burned second serving. Wiener Melange is normally my go to when the hot chocolate machine is ran out of hot chocolate. Else Ice coffee is amazing, I have a mixer and a frappé stirrer, both of which I use less as my local super market now sell Ice Coffee already mixed, the first few weeks after I found out I consumed about a liter per day, but after a week or two I decided that I better step down my consumption as there is no way anything that sweet can't be harmful
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 07:59 »
    Wiener Melange is normally my go to when the hot chocolate machine is ran out of hot chocolate.

Wiener Melange? Isn't he one of those hot new Colombian riders that Androni wanted to sign?

I had three coffees yesterday (two more than usual), couple of weak ones at the Exki near my former office and, when I got home, a cup of moka.

I got into moka quite recently. I don't really know what the deal with it is, why it is so different, but I blew my head off on it.

All the classic awesomeness was present and correct. Dizzy, speedball-like palpitations and bright orange stinky pee.

What a beauty! Never been so psyched for washing my bike.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Thround

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 07:50 »
    I don't drink my coffee. I pack capsules with coffee grounds, usually 3-4 before work. That way it keeps me from having explosive and crashing.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 08:46 »
    I don't drink my coffee. I pack capsules with coffee grounds, usually 3-4 before work. That way it keeps me from having explosive and crashing.

It could just be me, but I have never heard of that before. I'm curious. So you take it effectively like tablets? Don't you miss the taste and the whole hot drink experience?
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1910
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 15:25 »
    Bump... ;)

Just reading this account from INRNG about the sad decline of cafés in France. http://inrng.com/2016/12/fermeture-definitive/#more-30187

I found the comments attached to that article quite interesting and was curious to see if there's any firsthand observations to be offered here.

One thing, specifically, that has always sparked my curiosity are the pervasive claims over the years that France—a country that seems to pride itself on discerning tastes—has such a reputation for horribly bad coffee. How is that possible? Any thoughts from those who have lived, worked or travelled extensively there?

It seems like such a contradiction. :slow
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: 2018 Women's Kits by LukasCPH
    [December 13, 2017, 20:54]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by LukasCPH
    [December 13, 2017, 20:39]

Re: U23 news, results, rumours and all that jazz by Leadbelly
    [December 13, 2017, 18:14]

Re: Stig Broeckx Recovery Thread by Joelsim
    [December 13, 2017, 18:05]