collapse

krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
  • Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 2588
  • Donald J Krabkakes
  • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
Re: The Kitchen
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 22:21 »
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:30 by krebs303 »
    I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 15:12 »

Disaster broadcasting last night. But the Shrimp Stir Fry was still the bomb
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:30 by krebs303 »

krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 16:13 »
    Teriyaki Chicken Breast, Couscous with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pine Nuts, Ginger, and Onion. Wanted to dress up the Peaches with Cumin, Serrano Chiles, and Cilantro but I think I got lazy or drunk. It was terrific :D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:31 by krebs303 »

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 17:55 »

Disaster broadcasting last night. But the Shrimp Stir Fry was still the bomb

LOL the broadcast was unique!
    at times I was the only one tuned in and the sound was totally sonar!
     ;D
    keep it up though...
    but give us all a heads up so we can have a party while we're watching... :-*
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    « Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 17:00 »
    Per Favor Señor krab throw at me some trusty real hot Buffalo/sticky (is that same?) wing recipe.
    Muchos gracios!
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 17:32 »
    These are sticky wings but feel free to add chile. crushed red pepper flakes are good.

I used to make these when I was catering it is an old Craig Claiborne recipe. They really are the best wings ever.

Best-Ever Sticky Wings
    Ingredients

o 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings ( separated at joint, with wing tips discarded or saved to make stock)
    o 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    o 1/2 cup liquid honey
    o 2 tablespoons ketchup
    o 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    o 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425F; have ready a shallow baking pan that you've lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. Arrange chicken wings in prepared pan; lightly sprinkle both sides of wings with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt).
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
    4. While wings are in oven, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic powder and ginger; please note that the original recipe called for minced fresh garlic and minced fresh ginger, but I found they had a tendency to burn easily so went with the dried spices instead.
    5. Feel free to use two minced garlic cloves and 1 tsp of freshly minced ginger, instead of the dried spices, if you want to give fresh a go.
    6. After the wings have baked for 15 mins, remove from oven and drain off any accumulated fat.
    7. Pour the sauce over the wings and return to oven.
    8. Bake for 20 more minutes, turning wings over in sauce frequently (I do it every 4 or 5 minutes), so that they are thoroughly coated.
    9. Wings should be well glazed and sticky when done.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 21:39 by krabkakes33 »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 17:44 »
    Muchos gracios!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 19:51 »
    First we need these beauties

Forget about skinny modern ones, these have more fat then Jennifer Lopez ass.
    Then that fat should look like this, 1,5-2cm

Then cook and add some 1l water on 16kg of these

Stir, stir, stir about 2h hours and press those angels with these machine, add some salt

And you will get "čvarke" ;D, serve with onion.

"Čvarci" ones was "poor" people food, today cos lack of those black pigs with fat they cost from 15-20 euro per kg, and this is just funny price for fat 8)
    They will knock you out for sure ::)
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 22:04 »
    Antneynearlyborn
    Make something similar here in Mexico called chicharrones.

Is this the type pig you mean The Mangalitsa Unlike all popular breeds of hogs, which are meat-type, the Mangalitsa is an extreme lard-type breed.

Meat-type breeds efficiently produce lean meat. Lard-type breeds produce high-quality fat and very marbled, juicy and flavorful meat.

Here was some talk from the other place from RDV4ROUBAIX
    "We had some back bacon and and did a Szalonnasütés (bacon roast). You basically cook chunks of it over an open fire and drip the fat on bread then eat it all up with some onion and pepper. It's called zsiros kenyér, which translates to greasy bread, or dirty bread. Peasant food too the max!"
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 23:18 »
    OMG
    turn olborntonymoaner loose on the kitchen thread and it descends into darkness! I'm vegetarian and these meat/grease recipes have me gagging   ;D

so krabkakes ask krebs when we should tune in again for the kitchen live!  :)

• ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 23:27 »
    so krabkakes ask krebs when we should tune in again for the kitchen live!  :)

Soon I think I need practice with the sound :'(
    Going marketing tomorrow. It's hard to plan because when I walk in the kitchen I have no idea what I am going to make. then a couple shots of tequila and then magic happens ;D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 02:40 »
    Soon I think I need practice with the sound :'(
    Going marketing tomorrow. It's hard to plan because when I walk in the kitchen I have no idea what I am going to make. then a couple shots of tequila and then magic happens ;D

then we'll have to join u and raise one to you! whatever gets cooked up will look fantastic!   :)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 09:12 »
    Antneynearlyborn
    Make something similar here in Mexico called chicharrones.

Is this the type pig you mean The Mangalitsa Unlike all popular breeds of hogs, which are meat-type, the Mangalitsa is an extreme lard-type breed.

Meat-type breeds efficiently produce lean meat. Lard-type breeds produce high-quality fat and very marbled, juicy and flavorful meat.

Here was some talk from the other place from RDV4ROUBAIX
    "We had some back bacon and and did a Szalonnasütés (bacon roast). You basically cook chunks of it over an open fire and drip the fat on bread then eat it all up with some onion and pepper. It's called zsiros kenyér, which translates to greasy bread, or dirty bread. Peasant food too the max!"

I think is is basically same pig, those Mangalitsa has a little bit more hair though.
    We call them Fajferice, pronounce as Pfeiffer, Michelle Pfeiffer :D although they should be called Beyonce or Big Mama.
    Mexico is last place where I expected to see chicharrones.
    Yes it is similar with that RDV experience in Hungary, they also makes them as all over SE and Central Europe, I am not sure about those northern tribes.

Mew for you recipe of vegetarian (not Vegan :D) peasant food it should be like this

Zlevanka

-4 dl (2 cups) corn flour mill, it should be like I do not know, but very large granules.
    -4 whole eggs
    -1 dl oil
    -2 dl sour cream
    -1 packet of baking powder
    -milk as needed (to dilute the mixture)
    -sugar or salt what ever you like, I prefer salt.

1.Beat egg yolks with the cream, add the oil, flour and baking powder and mix well (best mix)
    2.Stir whites meringue and milk - the mixture should be a density of pancakes.
    3.Pour mixture into a well-oiled (butter, lard or oil), deep baking pan and place in preheated oven at 200-210 degrees C (depending on the severity of the oven) and bake until golden brown hue.

It is Google translator ;D

• ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #73 on: March 07, 2012, 13:18 »
    overborn. it is corn meal here in the US. very coarse. corn flour would be ground finer.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 13:25 by krabkakes33 »

Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    « Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 12:09 »
    My effort tonight
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 19:15 »
    My effort tonight
    Mine too lately ::)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 19:21 »
    Hey krabsnakesmakesoverweight
    What are you saying for first sticky wings?

What I found here is that honey which I used is home made, so too strong, next time I will ad little bit less honey and more chili for sure. I was afraid that sauce would never become sticky but it turns out to be in last 10 minutes.
    Found some years ago American kitchen fat, unhealthy, easy, but damn good tasty ;) and who cares about heart attack 8)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 21:14 »
    <snip>

Mew for you recipe of vegetarian (not Vegan :D) peasant food it should be like this

Zlevanka

-4 dl (2 cups) corn flour mill, it should be like I do not know, but very large granules.
    -4 whole eggs
    -1 dl oil
    -2 dl sour cream
    -1 packet of baking powder
    -milk as needed (to dilute the mixture)
    -sugar or salt what ever you like, I prefer salt.

1.Beat egg yolks with the cream, add the oil, flour and baking powder and mix well (best mix)
    2.Stir whites meringue and milk - the mixture should be a density of pancakes.
    3.Pour mixture into a well-oiled (butter, lard or oil), deep baking pan and place in preheated oven at 200-210 degrees C (depending on the severity of the oven) and bake until golden brown hue.

It is Google translator ;D

LOL! loved this post newmoantonyold !  ;D
    this looks very excellent...I may try this tonight...you are correct --not vegan.  I get along great with food like peasants!
     :-X  :-*

ah, "very large granules" sometimes in recipes they say cut in shortening to pea-size texture"
    oops. just see that means texture of grain is 'coarse'  :-[

"severity of oven"   ;D look out!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 21:48 »
    LOL! loved this post newmoantonyold !  ;D
    this looks very excellent...I may try this tonight...you are correct --not vegan.  I get along great with food like peasants!
     :-X  :-*

ah, "very large granules" sometimes in recipes they say cut in shortening to pea-size texture"
    oops. just see that means texture of grain is 'coarse'  :-[

"severity of oven"   ;D look out!

Corn flour should be like these on first picture and lower left pic http://www.farmamrazovac.com/ProductDetails/51/pgoid/7/lang/Croatian/Kukuruzno-brasno.wshtml

Do not know what is English word for this kind of meal (German Polenta) which is made of such corn flour >:(
    http://www.recepti.covermagazin.com/?p=219

krab where are you now?
    Damn English :(
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 22:19 »
    yes corn meal is same for polenta (Italian)

I like my polenta cooled and sliced then fried in butter and topped with Rapini and Parmesan Cheese. Also Hot Italian Salciccia  browned then deglazed with dry white vermouth.

Man that sounds good. I have to to the states soon.

When my mom was young the took the polenta and tossed it out on a big board and you ate it right of the board. Maybbe with nine kids that's the easiest :)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 22:24 »
    We also call it palenta :D or žganci or pura, small world. Kids do not like those stuff any more, give them box of Kelloggs sugar kill chocolate flakes and they are ok. We use to eat palenta with milk.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 22:43 »
    yes corn meal is same for polenta (Italian)

I like my polenta cooled and sliced then fried in butter and topped with Rapini and Parmesan Cheese. Also Hot Italian Salciccia  browned then deglazed with dry white vermouth.

Man that sounds good. I have to to the states soon.

When my mom was young the took the polenta and tossed it out on a big board and you ate it right of the board. Maybbe with nine kids that's the easiest :)

The stable food in Zambia (and surrounding countries ) is Nshima (also called pap in south africa) and is made from corn meal.
    We eat if fairly often still here. tends to be drier and more solid than polenta i have tried. it is eaten with your hands with 'soup' (a sauce of onion and tomato and herbs), chicken and veggies. you pick up the Nshima, kind of squash it in your hand and fingers to make a little flat circle then scoop up the other food with that.

I love it and the stuff can really fill you up. Zambians, especially out of the cities will eat it with every meal. Locals will say that you could have warehouses full of rice and potatoes but if there is no maize they will tell you there is no food.

Ladies need to be careful though as the American peace core volunteers in Zambia used to describe a condition known as Nshima butt where the ladies that went to the village and lived on Nshima for a few months seemed to leave with a little more 'baggage' than when they arrived.

• ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 22:44 »

What I found here is that honey which I used is home made, so too strong, next time I will ad little bit less honey and more chili for sure. I was afraid that sauce would never become sticky but it turns out to be in last 10 minutes.
    Found some years ago American kitchen fat, unhealthy, easy, but damn good tasty ;) and who cares about heart attack 8)

My wife makes fantastic sticky wings, will get the recipe from her and post on here
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 22:56 »

Wings look good. What's up with the fries. Fries must be fried twice for best results. Went to belgian place had frites fried in duck fat. no duck fat here but could do beef tallow
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 03:02 »
    You guys are very impressive with the creation of cuisine!
    Also, I have noticed very high photo quality and talent for shooting food.  8)

keep it up! very entertaining   :)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25 »
    Wings look good. What's up with the fries. Fries must be fried twice for best results. Went to belgian place had frites fried in duck fat. no duck fat here but could do beef tallow
    Fries are here just to fill the picture :D lunch leftovers killed by microwave.
    Yeah I know about fries, in my previous life I used to work in kitchen those ugly jobs. Every morning about 6am I have to clean and cut 50kg of potatoes, then I just deep fried them in 2x12l of oil for about 2 minutes or so. When lunch we just finished them, it saves time. Many dishes in restaurants are prepared by that way.
    Not to mention that owner has a rule about changing oil every week ;D palm oil. And that was worst job I have ever had in kitchen. 
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 15:58 »
    Chili Cheese Fries
    So good, Homemade Fast Food

A little Ground Beef

Potatoes first fry

No Chili Powder. Just used Paprika. It was close enough. OK no it wasn't. but still good

Second fry

All together now. mmmmmmmmmm.........
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:34 by krebs303 »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #87 on: March 09, 2012, 19:11 »
    Philadelphia cheesesteak recipe krab, trusty one yeah yeah yeah :-*
    Gracios
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    « Reply #88 on: March 09, 2012, 19:57 »
    Sorry phonymoan. I have never had a Philly cheesesteak :'(
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #89 on: March 09, 2012, 20:05 »
    Sorry phonymoan. I have never had a Philly cheesesteak :'(
    krabcheflikesbong, you really missed something in life. I mean it is same as you never heard of Lady Gaga :-X, Jesus krab I mean just Jesus 8)
  • ReplyReply

•