collapse

blutto

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 107
Re: Best/favorite tv series ever
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 13:15 »
....just piling thru BBC cop-udrama Luther w/ Idris Elba....very very well done....

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• nvpacchi

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 13
    • Puttin' infinity up on trial
    « Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 17:49 »
    The Wire is absolutely classic and probably my favorite show.  But it would have never existed without David Simon's Homicide book and TV show.

His year covering the BPD resonates greatly in "Homicide: Life on the Streets", and through some prying and close observation the Wire as well.

The first taste of the Baltimore streets and McNulty is straight out of conversations Simon heard back in the early 90s.  "We had to let him play, this is America man"

Bunk Moreland and Jay Landsman are based off real cops.  The "real Jay Landsman" actually plays Bunny Colvin's 2nd in command.

The Veteran of the Homicide Unit Donald Worden has his name thrown in the series several times, though no appearances.

Ex-Lieutenant Gary D'addario also wets his feet in acting, playing the
    Spoiler (hover to show)

Not to mention all the stickup men who inspired Omar, street informant Possum who inspired Bubbles, Vernon Collins  who inspired Wey Bey, and Tommirror Stanfield who inspired Marlo

As Hitch stated in a previous post regarding 40 years to live, he's spot on.  A true study of Baltimore, not to mention all the pressing social issues of the day that relentlessly suffocate down-trodden cities.

Anyone who has not read Simon's book 'Homicide' I strongly encourage it.  It will give you an added appreciation for the Wire and how true to life this "fictitious TV show" actually is.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 18:03 by nvpacchi »

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 22:56 »
    Lately I've been watching Person of Interest and Nikita. I think theyre pretty awesome action series, with Person of Interest being the favorite of the two.
  • ReplyReply

• Thround

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 06:22 »
    American Gothic. Such a thrilling series. It was this series that got me interested in the beauty of America, 5 years ago.

• ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 989
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 09:47 »
    The Boys is good. Really good
  • ReplyReply

•