• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5647
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Doping in Asia
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44 »
So word out now is that a two or more Tabriz riders tested positive this year. Only rumours at this stage, but there's some angry people out there.

Be interesting to see who doesn't race for an allotted period.

When you say "this year", Jono, does that mean that the results could have been suppressed from months and months ago or just that nobody knows enough yet to say when they happened?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Jono L.

• Domestique
    • Liked: 428
    « Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 10:33 »
    Nobody knows enough yet.

I found out the other that a Tabriz rider got sent home before the start of Qinghai lake in 2010 after a pre race medical.

I was there and didn't even know it happened! There's basically 0 reporting of any results from the testing that's happening.

And I don't want to single out Tabriz guys here, obviously my sentiments there are already known. But how many other times have riders returned positive results that haven't been reported?

All murky stuff.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 14:37 »
    Nobody knows enough yet.

I found out the other that a Tabriz rider got sent home before the start of Qinghai lake in 2010 after a pre race medical.

I was there and didn't even know it happened! There's basically 0 reporting of any results from the testing that's happening.

And I don't want to single out Tabriz guys here, obviously my sentiments there are already known. But how many other times have riders returned positive results that haven't been reported?

All murky stuff.

The press may be different around the world, but I thought it was all the same UCI.

How is it that we get press releases on the Santambrogios and the Di Lucas but nothing the Asian theatre?

Are people getting suspended and we just never hear about it, or are they not even getting suspended?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 15:04 »

I was there and didn't even know it happened!

I checked CN on that edition of Qinghai. According to the startlist listed there, Tabriz fielded this full 7-man team:

1 Andrey Mizurov (Kaz)
    2 Tobias Erler (Ger)
    3 Ghader Mizbani Iranagh (IRI)
    4 Mehdi Sohrabi (IRI)
    5 Hossein Askari (IRI)
    6 Hossein Jahanbanian Kamnabi (IRI)
    7 Hossein Alizadeh (IRI)

Then, according to the results of Stage 1, all of these Tabriz riders finished except for one (but no DNSs listed):

4 Mehdi Sohrabi (IRI)

But then I read that Sohrabi went on to win Stages 6 and 9, so something was way off there. Other sites say he finished fine that day, which is common sense, given what followed. Only Mizurov seems not to have finished Qinghai Lake in 2010 but he packed during the race rather than before it.

Assuming your source was correct, the only conclusion I can draw is that the offending individual was somehow replaced to enable Tabriz to start with a full complement.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 925
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 15:26 »
    The press may be different around the world, but I thought it was all the same UCI.

How is it that we get press releases on the Santambrogios and the Di Lucas but nothing the Asian theatre?

Are people getting suspended and we just never hear about it, or are they not even getting suspended?
    A press release for a suspension nobody would GAF about?

They do have the annual suspension list; if not announced, it'll be there. Pourseyede in 2011(?) for Azad or Ayandeh. Apart from the non suspended....
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 15:40 by multiidfarknugget »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9004
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 15:49 »
    Tabriz is scheduled to take part in the Tour d'Indonesia this week, so that might give us an idea (in case it takes place, but apparently it does)

just to clarify that, Tour d'Indonesia will not take place...

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fusum.co%2Fnews%2Fread%2F2013%2F10%2F08%2Ftour-dindonesia-2013-batal-digelar%2F
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 925
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 16:43 »
    Cancelled due to sponsors pulling out due to a weakening Rupiah.... that hurts. Still got Ijen.

Assuming your source was correct, the only conclusion I can draw is that the offending individual was somehow replaced to enable Tabriz to start with a full complement.
    Kazemi?
    /tinfoil mode

Unless it was a retirement after Langkawi....
  • ReplyReply

• Jono L.

• Domestique
    • Liked: 428
    « Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 22:24 »
    A press release for a suspension nobody would GAF about?

I agree there that most people wouldn't give a sh*t.

Only this is, it always seems so incongruous that they pack te back of each race communique with

Rider X fined 200 CHF for disrespecting race commisaire/motorpaicing etc

You know, important to let everyone know how all powerful and demanding of respect the race jury is, don'y dare talk back or take a bidon within 20k to go, but oh what's that? You're juiced to the eye-balls, yeah fine, just take a back seat for a couple of years, we'll keep your name out of it and you can start back where you left off.

It's like the race communique at the start of each tour should have a 3 month rolling list of riders suspended.

Anyway,... just thinking out loud here..
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 22:41 »
    Asia employing the Tennis System of 1 year out with a bad knee?
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43 »
    Bump Tabriz   
  • ReplyReply

• Dave Bruyneel

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 54
    « Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 20:25 »
    Bump Tabriz

that team needs a grand tour wildcard. Would be hillarious.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5793
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 20:56 »
    that team needs a grand tour wildcard. Would be hillarious.
    It would get dark side people's focus off Froome, Wiggins, Uran, Nibali etc., that's for sure. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10735
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #73 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31 »
    It would get dark side people's focus off Froome, Wiggins, Uran, Nibali etc., that's for sure. :D

Do not think so ;) ]
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #74 on: May 26, 2014, 14:10 »
    Well there's the Asian circuit's poster boy wearing a jersey in a Grand Tour and no one is talking about him...
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #75 on: May 26, 2014, 19:12 »
    But Colombians don't dope. They have a natural advantage in climbing ;)

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #76 on: June 20, 2014, 00:32 »
    Shane Stokes has a look at the *ir domination in Singkarak:
    Iranian domination leads to questions, some explanations
    Present both sides of the debate.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10735
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #77 on: June 20, 2014, 05:29 »
    It was well written, not sure how much more info we got, good that the topic is getting the spotlight in the public domain now
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 19:47 »
    another one from the new uci list...

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/CleanSport/16/67/88/20141009ADRVProvisionalSuspensionEN_English.pdf

#tabriz GHAFFARI Vahid

9th in the Tour de Langkawi tested positive for Epo in the Tour of Iran
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 19:56 »
    Lots of EPO suspensions today.. Back to the oldschool party or something?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 20:07 »
    yeh, and that accidentally comes together with the 700000 clean samples from the Tour de France. Cycling has changed, you know, the good guys are clean, and the small ones who still cheat get caught easily.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 848
    « Reply #81 on: May 22, 2015, 19:16 »
    Let's talk about Iranian cycling

Mount Fuji stage of the Tour of Japan, top five finishers all Iranian. First non-Iranian finish best part of two minutes back. Big gaps among the Iranians but if you disregard them the gaps are much closer to what you might expect in an 11km stage.

This really fails the smell test for me.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #82 on: May 22, 2015, 19:39 »
    Rahim Emami, Pishgaman Giant Team

What’s your recipe for success to summit Fuji and what are the tactics that contributed to your win knowing that you are not the star climber of the team?

“We live in the mountains and access to mountainous roads is a lot easier for us and all the Iranians racing here and that explains our climbing prowess Main priority for us is to get grab the green jersey and win the race, that’s our priority. Our riders who were supposed to climb and challenge for the win didn’t feel too good today and a change of tactics meant that I had to go for the win. I felt good today and went for it and that’s how the race unfolded for me and team.”

http://www.toj.co.jp/2015/?tid=100125
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 740
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #83 on: May 22, 2015, 19:41 »
    Isnt that a record on Fuji as well?

Normal times are around 40 minutes, for athletes trained by il Dottore that is, read Masciarelli cum suis.

So, yeah, perfectly normal for five Iranians to beat those times, I have read they use powermeters nowadays in training so we will see them soon at the GT's.

You just must have a dislike for Muslims Jamsque.

• ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #84 on: May 22, 2015, 19:45 »
    it was a new record, yeah. Mirsamad as 2nd was about as fast as he was last year
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 740
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #85 on: May 22, 2015, 19:55 »
    it was a new record, yeah. Mirsamad as 2nd was about as fast as he was last year
    Yeah, just saw your post in the other thread. Good times for Iranian Cyling.

Wonder if there was a tailwind in the forest, two years in a row.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #86 on: May 22, 2015, 19:59 »
    to be fair, you can expect a Langkawi winner like Mirsamad to beat Dyball by a good margin. Whether that win might be down to doping is another story of course

can't say much about the Pishgamon guys
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #87 on: May 22, 2015, 20:56 »
    Emami: Suspended 2 years for clenbuterol, 26/05/11-29/06/13
    Mirsamad: Suspended 2 years for EPO, 25/05/11-29/06/13
    Mehrabani: Suspended 2 years for metenolone, 26/05/11-29/06/13

Zargari (#ag2r 2012) and Askari haven't served any doping suspensions.

Sure, there's a big cycling scene in Iran, they live in the mountains, they're training more professionally now than, say, 10 years ago. But come on.

I wouldn't trust them, any of them, further than I would someone from an ex-Soviet country ripping up the Italian amateur scene (yes, Ilnur, I'm talking about you, among many others), until I see something - anything - suggesting that there's no wolf hidden under that sheep's wool we have waiting on our foreheads, ready to be pulled over our eyes.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 21:20 by LukasCPH »

Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 848
    « Reply #88 on: May 22, 2015, 21:17 »
    Wow I didn't know that these Pishgaman riders had prior doping cases. Iranian cycling giving Khazak cycling a run for its money.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #89 on: May 22, 2015, 21:26 »
    Iranian cycling giving Khazak cycling a run for its money.
    Kazakhstan, Iran, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, South Africa ... virtually every of those 'exotic' cycling scenes has its doping cases. :barf

The Iranians are just much more in our face, because they actually get to compete in races that have the world watching.[1]

Unrelated pet-peeve: When will people finally start to spell 'Kazakh' correctly? ;)
     1. sort of, with half an eye, and only very fleetingly, but still watching
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.