collapse

AG

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 3155
  • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
Re: Australian Rules Football (AFL etc)
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2015, 02:53 »
I dunno - I think it will end up being Freo v Hawks.  West Coast are a bit patchy.

couple of things

No team ever reaching the GF if finishing below 4th in the ladder (since the latest finals format was invented).

Adelaide won the GF from 5th spot a while back.   Perhaps they have re-jigged the finals setup in who plays who, but certainly its possible from outside the top 4

and

No game involving Essendon winning can be game of the year   :lol      Never !!!!    :angry

Western Bulldogs history is interesting.  They certainly havent had the success that some other clubs have had, but they arent complete basket cases either.  TThey have had some very good seasons and fallen at the prelim finals which is a shame for them.

Where are you from?

• ReplyReply

• Freedomofspeech

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 21:29 »
    I dunno - I think it will end up being Freo v Hawks.  West Coast are a bit patchy.

couple of things

Adelaide won the GF from 5th spot a while back.   Perhaps they have re-jigged the finals setup in who plays who, but certainly its possible from outside the top 4

and

No game involving Essendon winning can be game of the year   :lol      Never !!!!    :angry

Western Bulldogs history is interesting.  They certainly havent had the success that some other clubs have had, but they arent complete basket cases either.  TThey have had some very good seasons and fallen at the prelim finals which is a shame for them.

Where are you from?

AFAIR, WCE had their "bad" games when Naitanui was not playing. Even gave the Hawks a good fight without him.
    Yes, when the Crows won from 5th, it was still the old format. Since 2001 (with the new one) no team from 5th or lower made the GF IIRC.
    So a major surprise would be great I guess.
    The ESS thing I dont really get. Even in the other forum, guys dont like them. Is it coz of their "clinic-scandal" solely? I am still pretty much "rookie", still learning the history, and details of the game.
    Yes, WB had major meltdowns. Heard those stories. Was even witnessing one myself this season, when they blew away a game against StK (another cindarella team I like). The biggest 3rd quarter comeback in the long history of this game. This one hurts dearly in hindsight (costing the T-4).
    Germany says hello to this great game.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3155
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #92 on: September 05, 2015, 01:22 »
    yeah the clinic scandal.

not so much the taking of them - as most likely all clubs push the boundaries in that regard - but their behaviour

- the whole 'deliberately destroy all records so you cant prove anything'
    - 'we invite everyone to investigate, we want the truth' - and then take ASADA to court to try and supress info and say the investigation was illegal
    - not being able to actually identify what they injected into their players
    - James Hird

Just their entire approach over this episode is appalling.

Lost me forever (and I used to like James Hird)
  • ReplyReply

• Freedomofspeech

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #93 on: September 05, 2015, 06:04 »
    Thanks for your insight AG...

And here we go: Oops they did it again, again, and gain... Those Bulldogs are amazing. This season must be a micro cosmos of their history. For at least a half dozen times this season, they "managed" to blow a big lead (most of those games they still prevailed in the end though, with some thrilling finishes).
    It took them just ten minutes to waste a comfortable 31 point lead, after the commentators already started to talk about WB improving their Pct over Richmond. Now they are back in the lead at HT, but far from having the game sealed.

Gotta love them. Most entertaining team. You can never be sure what you get.  ;)
  • ReplyReply

•