collapse

enchassepatate

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 13
    • En Chasse Patate
So this is a space to discuss everything related to Oleg Tinkoff and his 'interesting' tweets .
I don't like the guy and i think he's bad for cycling ... but that's my opinion.
Post whatever u think is interesting about the guy...am sure there are tons of material out there to keep us entertained for a while.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    I think this one has to go in for today's

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov 10h

he is not riding Vuelta- he is tired), LOL, what the flip Conta is tired from,one race?He isn't tired to receive monthly HUGE check, though.
    Collapse
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    I'm just wondering btw.. has it ever been confirmed this account is legitimate? I could see Tinkov saying these things, but sometimes they're just so dumb it makes me wonder.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    yes - from what I have read it is definitely him.

It may have been InnerRing who was questioning and confirmed it was him ... ???       Someone that I believed anyway.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    Well, in that case the tweets are even funnier :D

That guy is poison though, I wouldn't wish him as team sponsor (nevermind owner) on any rider.
  • ReplyReply

• enchassepatate

• Sunday Rider
      • En Chasse Patate
    yeah, me too. i can't see any rider excited to ride for him in his new team...am sure he'll find riders, but they wont be that happy i think..
  • ReplyReply

• Jono L.

• Domestique
    • Liked: 428
    It's him. He's nuts.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    Compare what Tinkov said yesterday about Bertie being tired with Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo.

Quote from: BBC News
    A Ferrari statement said Alonso was reminded by Di Montezemolo that "all the great champions who have driven for Ferrari have always been asked to put the interests of the team above their own.

SOURCE

*THAT* is how to professionally express displeasure with your leading staff.

As for Bertie "being tired". Well, yes... so would I be if I'd just ridden the Tour de France and finished 4th. Or finished. Or just ridden one stage.

Tinkov is clearly Russian for "tool".
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    boorish ignoramus whose only worth is the simple and consistent demonstration of all the things money can't buy.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    If this really isn't a parody account then it is disgusting that he can have so many followers. The mind boggles. It's just not funny that a team owner can come out with such crap.

I really despair at the cycling fan community or circus. It resembles one.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

August

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 215
    • Awards: 2013 Bingo Champion
    I think this one has to go in for today's

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov 10h

he is not riding Vuelta- he is tired), LOL, what the flip Conta is tired from,one race?He isn't tired to receive monthly HUGE check, though.
    Collapse

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tinkov knows absolutely nothing about cycling. It is quite funny though to see him expose how ignorant he really is.  :D And if he keeps this up there aren't going to be any big name riders signing for him I don't think, not matter how much money he offers. 
  • ReplyReply

• August

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 215
    • Awards: 2013 Bingo Champion
    I'm sure there are some in the peloton who would sign for the $$$$$.

There are, but if he continues to tweet things like he did today, then there aren't going to be many. Certainly not many that can't find contracts just as good with other teams. In fact if he continues to treat riders like this when they don't dominate and win everything, then the only big name riders that will sign for his team will have to be fairly desperate for money and a contract. Not sure how much success he'll have with those riders.   
  • ReplyReply

• ansimi

• Domestique
    • Liked: 240
    I knew he was a jerk but I wasn't aware of his offensive tweeting until it was brought up here. I glanced at his feed and saw a few things that were bad enough to keep other companies from wanting their names on the same jersey as his name.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4512
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    His tweets disgust me
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Carols

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 2

What a disgusting person this man is.  How anyone would want to work for him is beyond my comprehension.  Surely No rider needs the pressure he would apply to win.   It is a recipe for disaster :(

• ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    Tinkov must be doing something right because his credit card business is going gang busters back in Russia - picking up market share quarter after quarter.

Probably got more than €6m available in sponsorship for next year...
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    His tweets disgust me

From what I saw a few days ago, yours didn't exactly thrill him either  :D
  • ReplyReply

• enchassepatate

• Sunday Rider
      • En Chasse Patate
    Tinkov's tweets inspired me to write this little thing yesterday as i had some extra free time: Oleg Tinkov and twitter, a hilariously sad combination...
    http://enchassepatate.blogspot.com/2013/07/oleg-tinkov-and-twittera-hilariously.html

btw, Florry, one of ur messages to Oleg, and his reply are featured as well  :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    An echo from the days before Tinkov troubled our dear sport ...

A recent Tinkoff beer commercial made the most of this freedom. It begins with two leggy young Russian beauties gliding up to a lingerie shop. Amid a flash of panties, the two women alight from a canary yellow Mercedes, link arms and float smiling into the dressing room. A pat on the rump here, a bump there, and they lean in and kiss. An Italian aria swells, and a Tinkoff beer pops its bottle cap.

The ad scandalized Russian audiences.

''It's a fantasy, it's a peep show,'' Mr. Tinkov explained without apology. ''Men like that. We're going after a look like Polanski's 'Bitter Moon' or 'Lolita,' but in 30 seconds.'' Then Mr. Tinkov grows serious. ''No, really, people who are scandalized by this are stupid and narrow-minded.''

A Mix of Beer, Free Speech and Home-Grown Hip, New York Times, 15 June 2004
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    I suppose its "humour" Russian style - not exactly cutting edge stuff I must say. 
    His biggest problem is liking himself too much because he has loads of money and not because he has any sort of personality - :winker
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 97
    ...not directly related to Oleg and tweets but still about Oleg and is a wee chuckle...

Guy does to bank what banks usually do to other people

The idea of beating the banks at their own game may seem like a rich joke, but Dmitry Agarkov, a 42-year-old Russian man, may have managed it. Unhappy with the terms of an unsolicited credit card offer he received from online bank Tinkoff Credit Systems, Agarkov scanned the document, wrote in his own terms and sent it through. The bank approved the contract without reading the amended fine print, unwittingly agreeing to a 0 percent interest rate, unlimited credit and no fees, as well as a stipulation that the bank pay steep fines for changing or canceling the contract.

Agarkov used the card for two years, but the bank ultimately canceled it and sued Agarkov for $1,363. The bank said he owed them charges, interest and late-payment fees. A court ruled that, because of the no-fee, no-interest stipulation Agarkov had written in, he owed only his unpaid $575 balance. Now Agarkov is suing the bank for $727,000 for not honoring the contract's terms, and the bank is hollering fraud. "They signed the documents without looking. They said what usually their borrowers say in court: 'We have not read it,'” Agarkov's lawyer said. The shoe's on the other foot now, eh?

http://now.msn.com/dmitry-agarkov-outwits-russian-bank-by-writing-own-credit-card-terms

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    I'm sure there are some in the peloton who would sign for the $$$$$.

I would more think of riders that might not be able to go elsewhere do to a bad reputation, I'm calling Scarponi to sign with team Tinkoff. Maybe Santa as well when he returns. 
  • ReplyReply

• enchassepatate

• Sunday Rider
      • En Chasse Patate
    the latest monstrosity by Oleg:

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov

Nicolas is a real MAN and a gentleman too, unlike Contador.IMHO. #Vuelta

I agree on the first part...Totally disagree on the Second. its a shame that a team (part) owner talks this way about his riders...Sad Really...glad Oleg is out
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    Problem is that he has crossed the line when no one really takes him seriously anymore.. so he can basically say what he wants.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    He just can't leave AC alone it seems.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    the latest monstrosity by Oleg:

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov

Nicolas is a real MAN and a gentleman too, unlike Contador.IMHO. #Vuelta

I agree on the first part...Totally disagree on the Second. its a shame that a team (part) owner talks this way about his riders...Sad Really...glad Oleg is out

Oleg chose to answer a question about what he said

The question:

Kelly Contador ‏@KellyContador 25. aug
    "@olegtinkov Before, you judged him as a sportman, now you judge him as a man. Who are you to do this ? You're nothing..."

Oleg's reply:

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov 25. aug
    "@KellyContador your relative should learn how to behave when he meeting lady, especially the wife of the person that pays his 50% salary"

I hadn't seen this before, and I wonder what Contador did to Tinkov's wife, interesting that it is more of a personal thing, than what I first thought.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7562
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Oleg Tinkov is the living proof that having a lot of money doesn't automatically make you well-mannered, nor does it give you the right to behave at will (not even if you may think so).
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    You know, first Alberto was the man, then he was overpaid, then he was mean to Oleg's wife, then the problem was that he didn't say hi to his wife (perhaps Alberto thought it was just one of Tinkov's "Russian sluts"?)
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Maybe she wanted a piece of Alberto and he declined ;)

That must be it :evil:
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by search
    [December 06, 2019, 16:18]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Joelsim
    [December 06, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by search
    [December 06, 2019, 15:28]

Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2019 by Joelsim
    [December 06, 2019, 14:02]