collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 3851
  • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Moderation Team/Board Staff
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2013, 14:45 »
I wondered :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Re: Time for a reduction me thinks
    « Reply #121 on: February 24, 2014, 18:57 »
    I have also moved away from the Staff role

Time to be addicted on my real life for awhile, will still be around , just doing less, and try to focus on some real life stuff

and I am purple  :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 720
    • Getting ready for the Artic Race of Norway...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #122 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00 »
    Might not be the place and the right point in the thread, but just wanted to say how well the Mods do in keeping this place sane and pleasant.
  • ReplyReply

• Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 397
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #123 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13 »

Time to be addicted on my real life for awhile, will still be around , just doing less, and try to focus on some real life stuff

Apparently purple is the colour for holders of an emeritus(a) position  :)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #124 on: February 25, 2014, 18:16 »

Nice :D
  • ReplyReply

• Francois the Postman

• Domestique
    • Liked: 789
    « Reply #125 on: February 25, 2014, 19:14 »
    ...and I am purple  :lol

After beating yourself mercilessly black and blue for our enjoyment, purple seems quite an apt progression ;)

You've done a tremendous job, it's unlikely one pair of feet will fill the boots with which you have been keeping the place in shape. 

Thanks for all the hard work JSG, in quality posts and behind the scenes.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #126 on: February 25, 2014, 19:22 »
    Is someone stepping up to admin level to take jsg's place?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #127 on: February 25, 2014, 23:19 »
    yes - though its unlikely any one person can do the work of JSG-superman   :P

we are still having a discussion about who will do what roles.   Updates as soon as we sort it out

• ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 934
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #128 on: February 26, 2014, 03:47 »
    yes - though its unlikely any one person can do the work of JSG-superman   :P

we are still having a discussion about who will do what roles.   Updates as soon as we sort it out
    Cool, just give a notification when I've been made warden.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #129 on: February 28, 2014, 10:23 »
    Ok - as many of you know we are making some changes to the Moderating Team here ... so a this might be a little long.

Firstly, we have a few who are stepping back from the roles they have had here, and I would like to thank them individually.

Just Some Guy
    JSG has decided to step down as an Administrator after being so integral to our forum over the last 2 years.  He will still be active here so isnt going anywhere :D ... but has a life so has decided to cut down on some of the work.   JSG has been almost solely responsible for maintaining much of the content - both news and race threads - for a long period of time now, as well as doing a truckload of work behind the scenes which make the forum tick.

We cannot express the level of gratitude for everything you have done ... :pray ... thank you.    On a personal note, I have been lucky enough to get to know JSG pretty well these last 2 years, and he is an amazing person whom I am very fortunate in being able to to call a friend.   

You will still see a lot of him spamming the forum (we hope) ... this is just to say a huge, enormous THANKYOU for your work here.

Martin318is
    Martin has a new job, and has been on a break from modding for some time - but has now decided to step down as a Moderator.   (All these people who are getting a life ...  :angry     :P )

I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for the time, effort and care he has devoted to the forum since it started, both as a moderator and as someone who offered guidance, advice and support from the very start.   He has done a fantastic job in helping all of us, and we are a better forum for his involvement ... thank you so much.  :fanfare

Barrus
    Barrus was the first moderator for this forum.  When Dim floated the idea of Velorooms, Barrus was the first one to put his hand up and say "if you start the forum, I will mod it for you" - and he has been good to his word and done a superb job.   The first weeks and months were a lot of work, and he put in the hard yards without hesitation.  Thank you from all of us for everything you have done, we really, really appreciate it.    :Stars:

New Staff and Roles
    As many of you are aware, the amount of work done by the members above was tremendous, so we need some new people and roles to cover the enormous gaps left as JSG, Martin and Barrus attempt to actually have a life  :P   

We are incredibly fortunate that we have many members who are able and prepared to step up and help out around the forum, both by being moderators and doing the admin work involved in setting up and running things.  Many forums find it hard to get people to take on these roles, but we are lucky enough to have a fantastic group of people who are willing to jump in and help.

Search
    We would like to welcome search to the moderating team as a Senior Member.  He is a wonderful, happy and respected member and will no doubt have some valuable contributions to make

Havetts
    We are pleased to announce that Havetts is moving up from Senior Member to Moderator.  Havetts has been part of the mod team for some time now, and is doing a fantastic job.     :cool

Froome19
    Froome19 has agreed to move into an Administrators role to help Dim with the admin and large amounts of admin, coding and set up work that is involved in running the forum and keeping things up to date.  He will still be contributing to moderation and overall site development too ... so he will be a busy lad  :D

As a result, the Moderating Team will look like this

Team
    AdminDim
    Froome19
    ModeratorsAG
    L'arri
    Fus87
    Havetts
    Senior MemebrsSlow Rider
    Search
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #130 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52 »
    Wait wait wait hold the phone :D :D we have an underage becoming admin, not sure how I feel about this :? :D doesn't he need permission from his parents? :D (just kidding, Froome19, we all know you're 19, please don't swing that new ban hammer on me :o )

THANKS to Barrus, just some guy and Marty :hug :niceday and good luck to search, Havy and Froomie :wave

Everyone is changing color meanwhile I am still chilling in black  :TT

It is for this reason that I suggest the introduction of a new color: PINK :nomnom

I think that, in a predominantly male cycling world and on a predominantly male forum, the female contributors deserve some recognition :niceday

I can see it now... Trudgin, mew, Susan, kabloemski and I "the Pink Ladies" :)

We could even accept Tony as honorary Pink Lady :wave

Please note that I am not being serious :D we would never accept Tony  :evil:
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #131 on: February 28, 2014, 16:02 »
    Good luck to all of the new Mods :)

• ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #132 on: March 17, 2014, 14:48 »
    Some will notice my title has changed from Admin to Site Tech.

This has been coming a while, not because im stepping down, or playing a less active part, if anything, now with the shackles released im free to pursue more work on the back end of things, but purely

1) it better reflects my role. Ive never been a moderator, i created the place, yes, but my role is very much the tech side of things, making things look nice and dealing with that side, not participating in moderation. And it helps to reflect better.
    2) also, personally, vr started as my baby, but very quickly there were a lot of godfathers and godmothers helping out. They have all in time played a massive part in the "parenting" of the site, and as such my little baby is all grown up now. its time for it to stretch its legs and go out into the world, leaving me to focus on what i do which is the structural and technical side of the site rather than being seen as (one of the) figurehead(s). VR isnt run by me, im just a cog in the wheel, theres a whole bunch of staff that maintain it, and a whole bunch of posters that provide the brilliant information here.

nothing changes, im just a different colour and my role is now more defined.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #133 on: March 17, 2014, 15:20 »
    Damnit another new color :angry ;) :P
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1978
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    « Reply #134 on: March 17, 2014, 21:22 »
    nothing changes, im just a different colour and my role is now more defined.

And you have chosen almost exactly the shade of blue that features as a stripe on a certain cycling kit.

I might have to go back and change my vote on the fanboy thread.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5008
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #135 on: March 17, 2014, 21:27 »
    I was thinking it was more the colour of a certain team from Liverpool.  :P
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9127
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #136 on: March 17, 2014, 21:31 »
    that's it! An Everton fanboi he is!!
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #137 on: March 17, 2014, 21:50 »
    I went blue just because its as contrasting as possible to
    Red - admin
    orange - mod
    green - senior member

there werent really a lot of colours available to me. :S
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #138 on: March 17, 2014, 22:58 »
    is Krebby still green/and or purple  for 'welcoming committee'  :D
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #139 on: March 17, 2014, 23:30 »
    nope - purple is if you have more than 10k posts
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2620
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #140 on: March 18, 2014, 13:48 »
    nope - purple is if you have more than 10k posts
    not any moore  :(
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #141 on: March 18, 2014, 14:24 »
    I know meh
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #142 on: March 18, 2014, 14:27 »
    no - and no colour for supporters either.

must have changed with Dim's colour change
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 14:28 »
    Supporters hasnt been working for a while.

its because supporter is a secondary membergroup and i havent worked out how to get users names to colour based on their secondary member group, only their primary.

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #144 on: March 11, 2015, 18:22 »
    Announcement

Slow Rider has chosen to step down from his role as Senior Member to that of a 'regular' member  :)

SR has really contributed massively to the forum with his high quality and detailed contributions, in particular to the Womens Cycling section of the site, in addition to putting in a lot of time and effort coordinating behind the scenes; suggesting and planning to help the site grow and develop.

Thanks SR!
    :pray

• ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #145 on: March 11, 2015, 19:43 »
    Thanks for that lovely eulogy Froome ;) Just to be clear though, I'm not leaving these forums or anything. I'm just less active than I was last year. As a staff member there is in my view an obligation to contribute - because what's the point in staff if they don't add anything to the forum? - and as I felt I couldn't do that enough I decided to step down and make room.

I'll still be around in livechats and with the occasional post, just not as often or as extensively as previously.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #146 on: March 11, 2015, 23:27 »
    From me too Slow Rider - Thank you so much for everything you have done as a staff member.  Your contribution has been incredible, and really, really, REALLY appreciated.

:pray  :pray  :pray

:Heart:
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #147 on: March 20, 2015, 16:00 »
    Well done and thanks :)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5910
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #148 on: April 01, 2015, 22:16 »
    For some time, I've considered streamlining my VR account with my Twitter presence.
    On Velorooms, I was Fus87, but on Twitter I am @lukascph.

Many people knew about this, but I find that with a change in focus, it would be better for all involved if it was clearly visible that the two identities are one and the same person.

Therefore, I've changed my username to what it now is.[1] Over time, I'll drop the Fus87 part - I'm sure people will continue to use it, and even more fervently than before. Right, Gerro?

Naturally, I should have considered that some juvenile VR members would pretend to not understand this and start changing their own usernames to reflect their lack of adultness. ;)
     1. No, not "The Artist Formerly Known As Fus87"; the other one. This is just a short-time spoof name.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:46 by LukasCPH aka Fus87 »
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #149 on: April 02, 2015, 08:23 »
    For some time, I've considered streamlining my VR account with my Twitter presence.
    On Velorooms, I was Fus87, but on Twitter I am [urlhttps://twitter.com/lukascph/]@lukascph[/url].

Many people knew about this, but I find that with a change in focus, it would be better for all involved if it was clearly visible that the two identities are one and the same person.

Therefore, I've changed my username to what it now is.[1] Over time, I'll drop the Fus87 part - I'm sure people will continue to use it, and even more fervently than before. Right, Gerro?

Naturally, I should have considered that some juvenile VR members would pretend to not understand this and start changing their own usernames to reflect their lack of adultness. ;)
     1. No, not "The Artist Formerly Known As Fus87"; the other one. This is just a short-time spoof name.

Finally, an explanation. That is all that was wanted.

VR is a family. Would you just go change your name without telling your family? :)

Still going to call you Fus, Fusske and What's All The Fus though. I am too sentimentally attached to it.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon