collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10760
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 16:56 by L'arri »
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 63
Re: team Sky news
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 13:59 »
Well being night time the sky is rather dark.
  • ReplyReply
  • BMC and Cadel Evans fan
    I have chosen not to be able to receive private messages except from administrators.

sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:39 »
    I first thought this thread was about Sky as in Rupert Murdoch,  dollybird news/weather presenters and watching rubbish movies or whatever. :fp   

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:10 »

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/matthew-keenan/blog/125799/can-wiggins-win-the-tour

My Sky nine for the Tour
    Bradley Wiggins, Mark Cavendish, Christopher Froome, Edvald Boassan Hagen, Christian Knees, Danny Pate, Richie Porte, Kanstantsin Siutsou and Rigoberto Uran.

Keenan you are wrong re the team there is no way Eisel does not ride if healthy no way in hell.

So called Journalist I guess you can have an opinion - but Wiggins Cav Froome and Bernie will be the 1st picked   
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 15:36 »

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/matthew-keenan/blog/125799/can-wiggins-win-the-tour

Keenan you are wrong re the team there is no way Eisel does not ride if healthy no way in hell.

So called Journalist I guess you can have an opinion - but Wiggins Cav Froome and Bernie will be the 1st picked

It sucks putting your head on the line and having an opinion doesn't it? :D

It's only pure speculation at this stage and I think he has the composition right, 4 for sprints, 5 for GC.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 15:46 »
    Can we expect 'news' topics for every other team as well, or does Sky enjoy a special status here?
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 15:48 »
    Can we expect 'news' topics for every other team as well, or does Sky enjoy a special status here?

there already is rabo thread maybe you should update it

I also update the BMC drama thread as well

Amster - don´t complain do
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 16:06 »
    there already is rabo thread maybe you should update it

I also update the BMC drama thread as well

Amster - don´t complain do

It was a question. Besides, you're the "do" guy around here by the look of it. Unless you're just another Sky fanboy. :P
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 18:52 »
    It was a question. Besides, you're the "do" guy around here by the look of it. Unless you're just another Sky fanboy. :P

quite the opposite in fact saw you opened a VASC thread look forward to being kept updated
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 720
    • Getting ready for the Artic Race of Norway...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 20:21 »
    Its better than my Albert Timmer thread  :( especially now he is broken.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 926
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 17:28 »
    my play on words re the title has been changed  O0
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 17:29 »
     :)
    Was nice, except they're right thundermuppets are sky news.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 07:17 »
    Any ideas on what Nordhaug is up to atm?  Having had a good start to the season, he's not been selected for either Paris-Nice or Catalunya (according to the start list), which seems a bit odd to me as he would be a pretty good domestique going uphill for Wiggins...
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 08:09 »
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16032012/58/tour-de-france-cavendish-sacrifice-tour-olympics.html

Mark Cavendish could quit the Tour de France early to focus on the Olympic cycling road race, the world champion's coach said.

Cavendish, who won the green jersey for the points classification last year and at 26 already has 20 Tour stage wins to his name, would not enter the race with the goal of defending the shirt.
    "Mark has said he wants to finish the Tour, but if he knows he can win the Olympics he will take the final week day by day," coach Rod Ellingworth, who is also Britain's Olympic road-race team manager, told The Guardian online.
    "If the green jersey comes, it comes. He wants to win stages at the Tour, not have the green jersey as his main objective. There is a chance he could get off in the Tour if he is tired and is digging himself into a hole."
    The Tour ends in Paris on July 22, with the London Olympic road race scheduled for July 28.
    Should Cavendish actually give up his green jersey ambitions, his Team Sky could favour compatriot Bradley Wiggins, who emerged as a potential Tour winner after his Paris-Nice victory this month.
    Reuters
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25 »
    No major surprise there.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 10:12 »
    I would rather a green jersey than a gold medal.

But a gold medal will help his financial future better than the green jersey, but as fan of cycling and not the olympics, i prefer a green jersey.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 10:59 »
    dont know if this has ever been reported, but all the sky guys who rode with cav at the worlds have a medal on the inside of their shirt collar. Cav insisted on it.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 12:11 »
    dont know if this has ever been reported, but all the sky guys who rode with cav at the worlds have a medal on the inside of their shirt collar. Cav insisted on it.

Would be curious to know what he got them for the win. I remember Contador bought watches for his 2009 winning TdF team mates.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32 »
    Good man. What about non Sky team mates, if there were any?
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1077
    « Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32 »
    I would rather a green jersey than a gold medal.

But a gold medal will help his financial future better than the green jersey, but as fan of cycling and not the olympics, i prefer a green jersey.
    It's a different history for Sky/GB though. Sky was a project spun out of the track programme. All the GB riders on SKy, bar Hunt, were first and foremost identified as potential Gold medal contenders. There is a legacy there that means Brits will tend to rate Olympic baubles more highly than the rest of the peloton.
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 12:36 »
    Good man. What about non Sky team mates, if there were any?
    David Millar and now Steve Cummings?

Hard for Cav to insist JV does anything but who knows...
  • ReplyReply

• Esteban

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 22:38 »
    Any ideas on what Nordhaug is up to atm?  Having had a good start to the season, he's not been selected for either Paris-Nice or Catalunya (according to the start list), which seems a bit odd to me as he would be a pretty good domestique going uphill for Wiggins...

He is doing Criterium Internationale, along with Henao and Froome.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 08:32 »
    He is doing Criterium Internationale, along with Henao and Froome.

Ta.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 12:09 »
    Arrow will not pay anything until Flanders: "The aim is to Roubaix"

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/eventos_online-ficha.asp?id=166&hl=en&langpair=es|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1

Despite his hand injury progressing well, Juan Antonio Flecha and technical and medical staff of Team Sky have decided not to take risks and the broker will not contest this week Catalan tests Flemish Dwars door Vlaanderen, Vlaanderen-E3 Prijs Harlebeke and Ghent-Wevelgem. Thus, take the exit at the Tour of Flanders on April 1 without competing with the mind of the Paris-Roubaix a week later.

Arrow had surgery of the third metacarpal of his right hand after a fall in training prior to the Tirreno-Adriatico, which has disrupted their plans. "The hand is fine and we decided on the team not taking any chances. Yesterday I visited the surgeon and the lesion is well sealed and bone fit nicely into place, but of course the hand is still weak when taking the handlebars and the potholes and cobbles could hurt me. not worth it and is too risky, "confirms BiciCiclismo.

"It's okay because I'm either way, I'm training very well in roll and on Thursday I'll go on the road, just two weeks after the operation. I am quite happy and quiet. I go out and run now, but be realistic and I have not the same strength in the hand, "he explains.

So do not run this week Waregem, E3 Prijs and Gent, nor the Criterium International. "I'll go out in Flanders without running anything before, but from the beginning the goal has always been Roubaix. I have a doubt run Ghent. The doctor told me it could be, although it is best not to assume that risk for a career and a day competition, "he says.

"So on Thursday of next week I will travel to Flanders, the recognition will on Friday and will run on Sunday," he concludes. Meanwhile, continuing its training in Puigcerdá so far on the roller, and from Thursday morning, perhaps do some trial and return to the road. Until his accident, shone in the Tour of Qatar and the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, third in both tests. Now expected to reach timely and Northern Hell on 8 April.

• ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 12:16 »
    Arrow has always been one of my favourite riders and here's hoping he reaches Northern Hell in good form
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 12:47 »
    Struggling to fill race squads..

Dwars (6)
    Mark Cavendish, Jeremy Hunt, Christian Knees, Salvatore Puccio, Luke Rowe, Chris Sutton
    E3 (7) Edvald Boasson Hagen, Bernhard Eisel, Mathew Hayman, Jeremy Hunt, Christian Knees, Ian Stannard, Chris Sutton
    Criterium (6) Chris Froome, Thomas Löfkvist, Lars-Petter Nordhaug, Salvatore Puccio, Michael Rogers, Luke Rowe
    Gent (8 ) Edvald Boasson Hagen, Mark Cavendish, Bernhard Eisel, Mathew Hayman, Jeremy Hunt, Christian Knees, Ian Stannard, Chris Sutton 

No Eisel or Flecha for Dwars, No Henao for Criterium.
  • ReplyReply

• NDC

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 19
    « Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 13:36 »
    I appreciate I'm permanently wearing my Sky tinted spectacles but bearing in mind they already have Davide Appollonio, Richie Porte, Kanstantsin Siutsou, Rigoberto Urán, Bradley Wiggins and Xabier Zandio at Catalunya, how many other teams could field such strong (in quality of rider not sheer numbers) line-ups in what is effectively 5 races in a week...?
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by hiero
    [July 25, 2017, 23:10]

Re: Tour of Wallonia by Echoes
    [July 25, 2017, 19:54]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Leadbelly
    [July 25, 2017, 16:39]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by jimmythecuckoo
    [July 25, 2017, 16:31]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by Armchair Cyclist