collapse

benotti69

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 215
Re: team Sky news
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2012, 19:13 »
Meeting ASO ahead of tour can be about what appear to be innocent things like hotel accommodation logistics for VIPs, but that info can be used to plan other activities.

As L'arri said the ASO and Murdoch meeting is not to slap each other on the back and say how great each other is without further motives. What those motives maybe might be for all we know a better future for cycling, but somehow i doubt it.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #152 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07 »
    saw that stuff about the squad. the fact they have been all hanging out together and the fact that Sky made so much of how the team spirit was great in the tour team, you have to think the guys that are there are the front runners for tour slots

especially with Loftkvist fading in Switzerland and having knee problems

Cav is still talking about trying for the Green jersey so i think any ideas he would not ride or would not compete seem to be wrong
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11134
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #153 on: June 18, 2012, 19:23 »
    we know this already ( Dim did the work )

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/wiggins-aims-at-paris-after-record-setting-spring-treble_224729

Teammates Danny Pate, Richie Porte and Kanstantsin Siutsou were at Wiggins’ side in all three races

Interesting
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2012, 20:56 »
    Not really too much of a surprise, the Wiggins crew has been around for pretty much every race that Wiggins races. Pate would be the only one who I'd be half surprised by there.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #155 on: June 19, 2012, 14:31 »
    Pate will ride for sure,  the way he rode last year in pulling on the front for seemingly ages for HTC got him a slot.

Useful for both Cav and Wiggo in neutralizing stuff IMO.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #156 on: June 22, 2012, 07:52 »
    Pate will ride for sure,  the way he rode last year in pulling on the front for seemingly ages for HTC got him a slot.

Useful for both Cav and Wiggo in neutralizing stuff IMO.

:fp

Christian Knees rides instead of Pate.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #157 on: June 22, 2012, 08:02 »
    :fp

Christian Knees rides instead of Pate.

yeah i think siutsou (i have no idea how to spell it) got the Pate spot. I think they see Knees as having a little more speed for the final Cav run in. Guess they are banking on other teams helping bring back the break. Considering the number of teams dedicated to the sprint it is a risk worth taking
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #158 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44 »
    Yeah,  glad Knees is riding this - really underestimated racer and a great guy.
    It must be a bit different than riding for his ex team Milram in being part of this Sky squad I would imagine.   Ridiculous to the sublime.

• ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #159 on: June 22, 2012, 11:51 »
    the other thing i like with Knees is rarely seems to have an off day. is always there to work for the team when needed. kiss of death there, Knees for Lantern rouge anyone
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2012, 06:21 »
    http://soundcloud.com/official-teamsky/the-elite-ft-ollie-sloan-go

Sky song for the Tour de France. It's sh*te.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #161 on: June 26, 2012, 06:37 »
    my god that is awful
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2012, 06:47 »

Spoiler (hover to show)
  • ReplyReply

• Auscyclefan

• Future PM of Australia
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 36
    • Feel my wrath
    « Reply #163 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55 »
    http://soundcloud.com/official-teamsky/the-elite-ft-ollie-sloan-go

Sky song for the Tour de France. It's sh*te.

That is 3 minutes in my life I won't get back. GreenEdge's song is way better!
  • ReplyReply
  • - Australia's greatest sporting moment

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #164 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57 »
    That is 3 minutes in my life I won't get back. GreenEdge's song is way better!

you made it through the whole thing?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59 »
    Third time I'm listening to it, and it's still sh*te. Patience is a virtue, maybe the 26th time will actually be decent.
  • ReplyReply

• Auscyclefan

• Future PM of Australia
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 36
    • Feel my wrath
    « Reply #166 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59 »
    you made it through the whole thing?

I had the volume down low so I could tolerate it. Rather repetitive.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08 »
    dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dumdumdumdumdum
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #168 on: June 26, 2012, 07:17 »
    Cycling teams  have official songs?  That I did not know. 

In the blurb bit describing the song: "The synergies with Team Sky were immediately apparent. The Elite are 100% committed to their art and their work ethic is second to none. They want to be the best so their collaboration with Team Sky was a natural fit"   :fp
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #169 on: June 26, 2012, 07:18 »
    Cycling teams  have official songs?  That I did not know. 

In the blurb bit describing the song: "The synergies with Team Sky were immediately apparent. The Elite are 100% committed to their art and their work ethic is second to none. They want to be the best so their collaboration with Team Sky was a natural fit"   :fp

the only synergy is i am pretty sure they were on drugs when they did their work...
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2012, 07:19 »

Starts very well indeed.
  • ReplyReply

• brassyn

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 28
    • Just a fan. Also, not a man.
      • FYC
    « Reply #171 on: June 26, 2012, 21:14 »
    I feel like Sky's Tour preparation was coming along nicely until they revealed this song. Bad omen  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #172 on: July 17, 2012, 19:13 »
    has this been linked ?

anyways some fans Video

all cool but scary how much weight he has lost, especially considering the last interview he is discussing this years tour and olympics

ps if you feel the need remember what section we are in
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #173 on: July 25, 2012, 09:51 »
    new doco

• ReplyReply

• The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 20
    « Reply #174 on: August 20, 2012, 10:49 »
    Okay, sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I am struck once again by Brad Wiggins' utter arrogance. Basically he's said, "this town ain't big enough for the two of us"...

"I love seeing him win as much as anyone else and to see Mark back out on the Tour winning six, seven or eight different stages and challenging for the green, he probably has to go [to another team]." http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-cavendish-should-probably-leave-sky

So why, for all that is holy, does Brad think that he's the top long-term asset? I know the Cavendish rumours have been floating around, but Sky have the worlds top sprinter... They have a GC man who is in every way Wiggins' equal (Froome) and is a fair few years younger, and a superior climber to boot. He won a Tour which was tailor-made for him, he's 32 years old, where he didn't even have to compete with Contador, who is now back and out for revenge. I think Sky would be foolish to ditch both Froome and Cav, if it means keeping Mr. Sideburns placated. Wiggins proves once again why he deserves the scorn and derision of every cycling fan.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I'd grown to accept Wiggins, in part because he'd shut his mouth a bit and didn't constantly say stupid things. Now he's unmuzzled, and proves once again that he's the greatest ego on two wheels.[/rant]
  • ReplyReply
  • "The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes, A Tract on Monetary Reform

Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 63
    « Reply #175 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53 »
    An extremely stupid thing to say unless he know for absolute certain that Cav is going somewhere else. What happens if Cav stays at sky?
  • ReplyReply
  • BMC and Cadel Evans fan
    I have chosen not to be able to receive private messages except from administrators.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #176 on: August 20, 2012, 10:57 »
    I have a feeling that it is DB that started the rumors - ie Cav may need to find a new team as we focus on GC etc

But Wiggo being seen as the team leader someone asked his his views , standard

But as with a few guys, wiggo should not say anything to the media it just does not come out well
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #177 on: August 20, 2012, 11:07 »
     ::)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #178 on: August 20, 2012, 11:13 »
    Not much will happen when Cavendish stays, the focus will be GC again with probably only Bernie to help him out during the Tour..
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #179 on: August 20, 2012, 11:15 »
    I don't think we should read anything more into it than Froome's interview, mid-tour, with L'Equipe. DB has said Cav is free to go, Brad is just echoing the same sentiment. And it's nothing anyone else isn't thinking. Cav keeping tight-lipped on the situation, same as he did this time last year. So we can expect to be kept guessing until after the Worlds.

And guess we will, I guess.  :-\

And Moondance - I'm not sure it is arrogance solely on Wiggins' part... if Sky really do have ambitions to go for all 3 GTs in a season, and believe that they have the squad to do it, that is arrogance on all of their parts. Perhaps justified, but better left unexpressed. Particularly if they fail to achieve their highly-publicised ambitions (a la the Olympic RR...)

And I'm a Sky fan!!
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)