collapse

kanari

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 2
Re: team Sky news
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2012, 20:14 »
Edvald Boasson Hagen is finishing his cooperation with his personal coach Fredrik Mohn. Team Sky will now be solely responsible for his training schedule with KA Arvesen as his main contact. I think this is about time and hopefully someone can do something so that his engine improves for the classics.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/boasson-hagen-bryter-med-treneren-3775940.html

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 20:22 »
    Edvald Boasson Hagen is finishing his cooperation with his personal coach Fredrik Mohn. Team Sky will now be solely responsible for his training schedule with KA Arvesen as his main contact. I think this is about time and hopefully someone can do something so that his engine improves for the classics.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/boasson-hagen-bryter-med-treneren-3775940.html

That's interesting. Any reasons given? EBH is definitely an underperforming talent. This spring was really low-key for him and at this point in his career he needs to be doing better than that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 20:30 »
    EBH needs to move away from Norway during the winters be a huge help
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 20:47 »

I swear Cav is sucking his gut in in that photo

I swear Wiggin's is wearing a rug  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 21:19 »
    EBH needs to move away from Norway during the winters be a huge help

I think Edvald needs to be much closer to the team generally as far as training goes. They relied the first two years on his talent being enough and to organise his own training, but its clearly not worked too well. He goes out to Mallorca but even then doesnt spend a huge amount of time at the camp, he seems to be in the Carlstrom plan of spending the winter having fun in the snow. Arvesen hopefully can get some organisation into the kid.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 21:27 »
    Ryder Hesjedal revealed he winters in Maui, which seems similar to what happens when riders go to Mallorca and apart from 'preparation' in means they have a consistent level of weather to keep the training consistent and get the miles into the legs.
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 467
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #98 on: May 15, 2012, 13:34 »
    on the weekend i was riding in richmond and saw a guy in full Sky kit, sky pinarello, helmet, everything. he was riding really smoothly, but we were going through traffic on flat ground so didn't really see how strong he was, but he was pretty skinny.

his kit had BECKETT (or similar, possibly Duckett or somehing) and a union flag on the side.

do sky sell personalised kit to fans or was this guy on the staff in some way?
  • ReplyReply

• Dev

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #99 on: May 17, 2012, 17:37 »
    on the weekend i was riding in richmond and saw a guy in full Sky kit, sky pinarello, helmet, everything. he was riding really smoothly, but we were going through traffic on flat ground so didn't really see how strong he was, but he was pretty skinny.

his kit had BECKETT (or similar, possibly Duckett or somehing) and a union flag on the side.

Employees who work for Sky (and friends/family) have their own cycling club 'Sky Velo' (they have a twitter account too) prolly was someone from there.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 18:47 »
    Employees who work for Sky (and friends/family) have their own cycling club 'Sky Velo' (they have a twitter account too) prolly was someone from there.

yeh, sky velo all have customised shirts, but virtually all the staff have customised shirts as well, not just the team staff, but some office staff etc also have them.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #102 on: May 20, 2012, 08:55 »
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #103 on: May 23, 2012, 00:30 »
    Nice article on wiggins and his training regime

yes it starts with the obligatory 'i am in the form of my life' but then goes on to say why

if he does win tour can say that he has earn't it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9283386/Bradley-Wiggins-reveals-Team-Skys-explosive-secret-that-has-put-him-in-contention-for-Tour-de-France.html
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #104 on: May 23, 2012, 07:31 »
    Nice article on wiggins and his training regime

yes it starts with the obligatory 'i am in the form of my life' but then goes on to say why

if he does win tour can say that he has earn't it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9283386/Bradley-Wiggins-reveals-Team-Skys-explosive-secret-that-has-put-him-in-contention-for-Tour-de-France.html

good article I wonder if Porte or even Götland will make big in roads from training up there with him

Froome I do not know if he has it in - the bloke is always sick
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1051
    Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

benotti69

• Road Captain

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47 »
    Bernie about the Giro

“At a certain point we were on the plane back home. I mean, I will never give up, if I’m out of time, I’m out of time. But it was tough. I told Cav twice just to keep thinking about Delilah.

“Yesterday he was on his hands and knees, and then he crashed as well, he was tired.  “And I was like ‘that’s it, we’re not going to make it’. There were these long, long roads into a headwind and I was just giving it everything and I was like ‘just keep going.’ Then Jez came back and I was thinking ‘if he’s come back, that’s three of us going to go home.’

“But Cav was recovering really well, he was on the wheel for 20k and then he started dropping me because I was empty. And I just killed myself trying to get through on the last part.”  “It was one of those Giro stages you just hate. All those small ramps [climbs], they were real bastards.

“As soon as you lost contact with the bunch, it became a day that was never-ending.” 

“We were drilling it. For the last 20k I couldn’t see any more. I don’t know what I had, a heat-stroke. Then I had an asthma attack afterwards and I was lying on the bus for 30 minutes. Even the team doctor asked me if I wanted to go home. It was just one of those miserable days.”

BERNIE EISEL ON BATTLING TO FINISH WITH CAV, PHINNEY AND OTHERS, BEFORE THE TIME CUT AT YESTERDAY’S GIRO. THEY GOT IN WITH A MINUTE TO SPARE.

• ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 756
    • End of season blues...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #108 on: June 02, 2012, 08:09 »

http://www.bibshortsncyclejerseys.co.uk/page.php?team=27&action=208&page=1&teamname=sky

Samewood offered them too.
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #109 on: June 02, 2012, 08:35 »

There's a former "pro" called Matthew Beckett, races in Wales now so not sure where/how that places him in the USA but if the bloke on the left looks like the guy in the SKY kit then that's him :D

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=15517

EDIT: he just came 7th in the Welsh Road Race Champs 5 days ago, so can't be him then :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 00:57 »
    Wiggins - Skys the limit
    BW Stl
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1118
    « Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 12:11 »
    Danny ‏@dnelissen
    Jonathan Tiernan-Locke schijnt te hebben getekend bij Team Sky ... #transfer
    Expand
     Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Is Danny Nelissen reliable?

• ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 12:14 »
    According to France's L'Equipe sports newspaper Team Sky will drop Pinarello next season and move over to Specialized bikes.

The new contract is said to be worth 6 million euro.

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.it/2012/06/lequipe-team-sky-dropping-pinarello.html

dont have a link to L'Equipe
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3504
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 12:27 »
    Who cares about marginal gains when you can have a shitload of money instead.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 12:38 »
    Danny ‏@dnelissen
    Jonathan Tiernan-Locke schijnt te hebben getekend bij Team Sky ... #transfer
    Expand
     Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Is Danny Nelissen reliable?

Reasonably, he doesnt usually say stuff with no foundation, but has got it wrong occasionally.

But theres been rumours for about a year. He has trained with the team in the past, including at Tenerife, and its likely that he will be in the worlds squad.

Personally, im dont think its a good move for JTL
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #116 on: June 08, 2012, 12:50 »
    Reasonably, he doesnt usually say stuff with no foundation, but has got it wrong occasionally.

But theres been rumours for about a year. He has trained with the team in the past, including at Tenerife, and its likely that he will be in the worlds squad.

Personally, im dont think its a good move for JTL
    Agree to disagree, I think he's a good fit. It's the Colombians who seem out of place, and what's happened to Xandio this year? He was Sky's favourite domestique in 2011.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #117 on: June 08, 2012, 13:30 »
    what's happened to Xandio this year? He was Sky's favourite domestique in 2011.

babysitting the kids at the vuelta
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #118 on: June 09, 2012, 22:48 »
    Stannard repeats Dowsetts efforts on last year and laps the field for the win in the London nocturne. Unlike Dowsett who did it on his own, stannard took House with him but beats him in the final sprint
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 03:44 »
    The Manchester United of cycling? that's so 2008. Sky are the Bayern Munich of cycling
    Sourcage

Who's the Dortmund?
  • ReplyReply

•