collapse

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 489
  • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
Re: Team Santander
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59 »
This is the other side to a xenophobic one-region centric team like EE. They were quite the enigma, let go off their ethos to secure WT status this year but letting go off their license is a bridge to far.

Well whatever, they could have continued making a niche for themselves as a Pro-Conti outfit going to 2 GTs a year.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11133
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #91 on: September 26, 2013, 14:53 »
    Press BCPT - Euskaltel-Euskadi:

Euskaltel denies the false information about the reason for the breakdown of negotiations

Bilbao, September 26, 2013. But the steady false information and interested leaked to the media about the reason for the breakdown of negotiations between representatives Euskaltel and Fernando Alonso, Euskaltel wish to communicate the following:

- IS FALSE Euskaltel has requested any financial compensation of any kind for the transfer. Moreover, Euskaltel had agreed to put money in the deal, not receive it.

- IS FALSE Euskaltel has strained negotiations in search of any kind of profit.

- FALSE that the cause of the break is the location of the headquarters.

- FALSE that the cause of the rupture are disagreements about the various tax implications of contracts in each province.

- FALSE that the Audit has been no exception or irregularity on BCPT society accounts, and therefore FALSE that are not transparent and have been the cause of the breakdown in negotiations.

- FALSE that the cause of the break is that Euskaltel imposed hiring people or the acquisition of any asset or property.

- In short, Euskaltel FALSE imposed or not a single condition required to justify or to excuse breaking the initial agreement of August 31, and therefore FALSE Euskaltel has put a single obstacle to the achievement of an agreement. Instead, THE TRUTH is that: - Euskaltel has addressed the negotiation without any economic restrictions or any other with the aim of reaching an agreement.
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 14:53 »
    Then what the hell went wrong then ?
  • ReplyReply

• Blackbandit222

• National Champion
    • Liked: 225
    « Reply #93 on: September 29, 2013, 22:06 »
  • ReplyReply
  • Sagan supporter.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #94 on: October 02, 2013, 14:05 »
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #95 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48 »
    - IS TRUE that Euskaltel saw Alonso twerking.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #96 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47 »
    So the Alonso sponsor is not Santander
    “It’s better to keep the F1 business and cycling on separate plains,” Garcia Abad said of Banco Santander. “We’re not talking about any companies currently involved in cycling. We’re turning to companies who are interested in innovation and with an ecological soul. Some agreements have already been signed.”

If it is a company with an ecological soul, what about EDP Renováveis?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #97 on: October 17, 2013, 19:26 »
    Report from Velonews on it
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/10/news/with-two-sponsors-alonso-project-will-launch-during-2014-tour-de-france_306037

The two title sponsors not currently involved in cycling could be a bit vague. Are Santander currently involved to any great level, a bit of race sponsorship but nothing Id consider major investment.

The one with an Ecological soul is interesting.
    Makes me think...

Shell have made a big hoo ha about being more ecological, developing better fuels, especially in F1 etc. Close ties with Alonso, would make some sense (Of course they are also responsible for some pretty big oil spills around the world).

All they need now is Puegot bikes and we can bring this back

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #98 on: October 17, 2013, 20:32 »
    Shell have made a big hoo ha about being more ecological, developing better fuels, especially in F1 etc. Close ties with Alonso, would make some sense (Of course they are also responsible for some pretty big oil spills around the world).

I think if Shell was the sponsor it is weird they didn't try to buy Vacansoleil's license instead of the carrots. After all it is Royal Dutch Shell.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7405
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #99 on: October 19, 2013, 09:25 »
    All they need now is Puegot bikes and we can bring this back

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Best jersey ever.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Re: Team Alonso
    « Reply #100 on: December 08, 2013, 07:06 »
    changed the name of the thread

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=67797

Fernando Alonso confirms he wants to "mind the F-1" how to work his future cycling team and surround yourself with "people who already know my driving experience" to "be the best."

In an interview with L'Equipe to mark the occasion of the award ceremony of the FIA in Paris, the Spaniard said some of his ideas for the cycling team prepares for 2015. "I'm happy with the direction in which the assembly of our team for 2015. Progressing well. The ideas are good and I'm impatient. But there is still much work ahead on issues of organization, media and technology that we import from the F-1. As telemetry, for example, which opens many possibilities. "

"But like many other sports, cycling has evolved to a very high standard It is difficult to make a difference. Runners are all very professional, all recovery techniques, preparations, materials, bikes, work in the wind tunnel are highly developed. Requires focus on the smallest details. So we have the best technology available, "he adds.

Alonso wants to delegate the management of the cycling team and surround yourself with a group of maximum confidence. "In a cycling team there are forty people working. And I have people who do not have to call every day because my work is the F-1. Will be people who already know my automotive experience: some of Benetton, two or three of Renault, Ferrari telemetry someone ... I want to create this team with people you trust 100% and I will be very careful to have a good atmosphere. We want to be the best, but in an atmosphere of happiness and enjoy what we do, it will be essential to demonstrate on the road that we are the best. "

"How can the Division first year as a team 100% again?, We are still unclear-asserts. Anyway, we will adapt." As for the template, will be good, though it should logically be expected to "remain free riders at the end of 2014. The list is not very big but we've talked to some ". "Alberto Contador still has two-year contract with his team," about the Madrid ditch.

Also anticipates that will meet with the heads of ASO, organizer of the Tour de France "to advise me because inevitably make mistakes beginner and want to avoid the most. I love cycling, they. And it will be very nice to share this passion. "

Finally, at the time lamented the failure in negotiations to buy the license of Euskaltel-Euskadi but he began to think about building your own project. "When negotiating with Euskaltel fell apart at the last moment I was a little sad not to be able to leave in 2014. But on the other hand, have caught the issue we would have gone without a good competitive level. We were already late September and it was too late to make the team are trying to create. Having seen, I'm happier and I prefer to ride my team, "he says.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #101 on: December 08, 2013, 08:17 »
    It is good that there will be another Spanish team, especially now there's a flood of Basque riders on the market. Hopefully it goes well and is stable but it's very much a one-man team, if Alonso pulls the pin you can't really forsee how anyone would step in.

Hopefully they take Europcar's spot in the WT, although IAM and MTN are going to be gunning for it, aren't they?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #102 on: December 08, 2013, 09:17 »
    Hopefully they take Europcar's spot in the WT, although IAM and MTN are going to be gunning for it, aren't they?
    Not for a couple of years, I think.
    They're very much focused on stable, organic growth, and not making the third step before the second.
    The team is as much as secured a Giro wildcard, and with the African riders developing, I can see them in the run for a Tour WC in 2015. Why rush into things when the current path seems to be a good one?
    Yes, they say time and again that eventually they would want to see an African WT team - but that's a long-term goal, but that step should (and probably will) be made because Meintjes, Teklehaimanot, Reguigui & co. are ready for it, not because it's a goal in itself.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #103 on: December 08, 2013, 13:05 »
    They'll still be competing with IAM or whomever is the best non-French PC conti team for that Tour 15 spot. Good to know they're not rushing WT though.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #104 on: December 29, 2013, 13:38 »
    A sponsor from the United Arab Emirates has been reported signed for 3 ir so years.

now a DS.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/16077/Bettini-quits-as-Italys-national-coach-has-been-in-initial-talks-with-team-of-Fernando-Alonso.aspx
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 13:58 »
    Bettini should be a good DS, although his record with Italy isn't the greatest. But turning a

A sponsor from the United Arab Emirates has been reported signed for 3 ir so years.
    Wow, I totally missed that. But according to biciciclismo, a "Dubai sponsor" has signed for 5 years even:
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=68135
    Now of course Sky Dive Dubai's signings of Pliuschin and Mancebo (and the consistent rumours regarding Samu Sanchez) make much more sense. :)
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 14:07 »
    A sponsor from the United Arab Emirates has been reported signed for 3 years
    My guess is the sponsor is Emirates Air.

If so, it is great news as given the rivally in the region - Qatar Airways and Etihad (Abu Dhabi) will be soon in the market for sponsorship.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 14:14 »
    Interesting team that's shaping up to be. Spanish-Italian by the looks of it, but reports from last year suggested a number of Dutch and Belgian riders were also about to be signed.. Bit of a mess nationality wise, but who cares.

Some big money from Qatar wouldn't be a bad thing for the sport, especially in a 5 year commitment. And if that would force some other sponsors from those areas to follow, even better.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #108 on: December 30, 2013, 20:17 »
    Some big money from Qatar wouldn't be a bad thing for the sport, especially in a 5 year commitment. And if that would force some other sponsors from those areas to follow, even better.

Depends, it is good for the cyclists but more money strictly doesn't help the sport, just makes the riders richer. And if we have to trade good races for Qatar and Dubai to be WT stage races then it is a terrible thing in my opinion. If they join the sport in the same way Kazakh Astana has done then it is very good news. I fear the latter though.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 11:19 »
    Bettini talking sense:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bettini-cools-rumours-of-sagan-joining-alonsos-team

- Sagan joining rumours is probably sourced from his manager
    - Bettini sensibly dampening any signs of wage inflation
    - No sponsors signed, but all may change in Dubai
    - Bike companies are starting to get interested.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #111 on: February 03, 2014, 11:26 »
    An Italian involved in cycling who isn't fueling the fire.
    Bettini sounds like just the right person to build this team. :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #112 on: February 03, 2014, 12:49 »
    Seems to be becoming a very interesting team. Bettini looks like a competent manager, Alonso is genuinely interested in cycling so won't bail after a short period (see Geox), Middle Eastern sponsors would bring some good money in and perhaps open opportunities for other teams as well, and bike manufacturers seem happy to get on board. Plus there are plenty of riders on one-year contracts who would probably be happy to join Alonso. They should be able to start with a solid team next year, and then build on that in the years after when the top riders become available.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #113 on: February 06, 2014, 08:29 »

How do you say Give me some Oil money pocket change in Arabic ?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #114 on: February 06, 2014, 08:36 »
    Am I the only one who thinks that Fernando Alonso looks like Alex Dowsett?
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    « Reply #115 on: February 07, 2014, 05:54 »
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

Best jersey ever.

NOOOOO!!!! Then I can't wear my dad's old Peugeot replica kit signed by Phil Anderson and Robert Millar without people thinking I'm a team kit w@nker  :angry :omg :TT :we all gonna die:
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:33 by 42x16ss »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #116 on: February 09, 2014, 07:44 »
    Things take an interesting direction

Cannondale, a door to Fernando Alonso

Fernando Alonso wants to enter the WorldTour and Cannondale is a face to land on its ambitious cycling team in 2015 possibility. A marriage of convenience and a solution for both parties, the license for the Spaniard Formula One and follow the signs for the American elite bicycle without Peter Sagan lost its essence.

Alonso opens any door, it has been made known ASO, organizer of the Tour de France, and own Brian Cookson, President of the UCI, but his rider set rules you must become Pro Continental in 2015, out of the big league the WorldTour, and depending on the invitations. It should not miss wildcards, but the ambition that surrounds your plan has no place in a Second Division and is the best way to sell a project to a powerful sponsor for five years and has already tied the working group of the Spanish racing driver One

Makes a ton of sense ( not the words, GT FTW ) but the idea

Alsono brings in money, Buys the team gets Moser and Sagan, Cannondale stays bike sponsor, They bring in Samu, maybe J-Rod to ride with Basso and a couple of Moutain guys

instant Super team if J-Rod signs 
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 656
    « Reply #117 on: February 09, 2014, 12:03 »
    Things take an interesting direction

Cannondale, a door to Fernando Alonso

Makes a ton of sense ( not the words, GT FTW ) but the idea

Alsono brings in money, Buys the team gets Moser and Sagan, Cannondale stays bike sponsor, They bring in Samu, maybe J-Rod to ride with Basso and a couple of Moutain guys

instant Super team if J-Rod signs

will the Americans (who just bought the team) be happy to sell it back to become Spanish?
    J-Rod has a valid contract with Katusha for 2015 as his crew has too (Moreno, Vicioso and the others), don't know if the big move is possible. Same for Contador.

I'd prefer them to respect their contracts, and see how the Alonso team goes in 2015... then decide
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #118 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07 »
    Personally, I think this is just wild speculation.
    Think up a scenario, write an article, get some clicks.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #119 on: March 17, 2014, 14:56 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/paolo-bettini-working-hard-to-build-team-alonso

So riders linked include Sagan, Hagen (yey, finally moving on from being a GT domestique!), Nocentini. I'd also add guys like Hoogerland and De Gendt who were about to sign last year and instead signed (I think) one year contracts. Interest in Purito and Contador is also obviously there, but they have contracts. Hard to see any clear direction in these riders, but it's early days. Certainly shaping up to be an all-round team.

No mention of a possible Cannondale merger in this article. I hope Cannondale can survive on itself, but it will be hard for them. Lampre as the only Italian WT team sounds sounds so very wrong..
  • ReplyReply

•