collapse

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
  • Classics Winner
  • Liked: 126
Formula 1 - 2012
« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2012, 15:49 »
"@f1zone: Pirelli will give teams an extra set of hard tyres on Friday in order to help them learn the track #F1 #Cota"
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #331 on: November 12, 2012, 16:00 »
    "@Formula1etc: Raikkonen gifts 'leave me alone' t-shirts to Lotus staff  http://t.co/pEop1gFx via @motorsport #F1etc"

"Kimi Raikkonen has turned his newly-famous grand prix-winning catchphrase into a t-shirt for the entire staff of the Lotus team."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-gifts-leave-me-alone-t-shirts-to-lotus-staff/

Love that Kimi!
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 122
    Re: Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #332 on: November 13, 2012, 01:33 »
    ... great on Kimi to do this :tu...

...maybe we should get a hold of Lotus and snag a whack of primo swag....I mean given the Kimi-love that exists here a group buy seems like a simply grand idea...btw I take a xl or xxl....

...thanks in advance... ;D

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #333 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17 »
    ...btw I take a xl or xxl....

...thanks in advance... ;D

Cheers

blutto

Classic! I'm a firm believer in taking the cheeky approach, I'm mailing them - nothing to lose, right...
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #334 on: November 13, 2012, 04:44 »
    ...oooh...this is so exciting...Christmas may come early this year....yipeee....and good luck with that cheeky move....

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #335 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48 »
    ...oooh...this is so exciting...Christmas may come early this year....yipeee....and good luck with that cheeky move....

Cheers

blutto

Check it, no cheek needed, just a bit of googling :-)

"If you didn’t already have enough reasons to like Kimi Raikkonen, here’s one more"

http://aclassblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/leave-me-alone-tee/

"This is just fantastic. The t-shirt is actually for sale here."

http://www.fistpumpshirts.com/shirts/kimi-i-know-what-i-m-doing-shirt-formula-one-driver-yells-at-his-team-commemorative-shirt.html

$29 ain't too bad - and in cotton - yay "The shirt is available in high quality cotton and the color scheme of the winning team" and all the way up to XXL :-)

• ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #336 on: November 13, 2012, 14:47 »
    ...wonderful news...though truth be known getting to the prize via the cheeky route would have yielded a much more better story...errr...adventure...akin to something that would be told late at night around VeloRooms campfires for generations to come.... ;D

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #337 on: November 13, 2012, 15:44 »
    ...wonderful news...though truth be known getting to the prize via the cheeky route would have yielded a much more better story...errr...adventure...akin to something that would be told late at night around VeloRooms campfires for generations to come.... ;D

Cheers

blutto

Well, I did still e-mail Lotus... so if I get some kind of response it will get posted straight here ;-)
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #338 on: November 13, 2012, 18:59 »
    ...be great to have that up here....truth be told have been a Lotus fan since the days of Jim Clark...so that is tres cool pour moi...

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #340 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06 »
    Jacques Villeneuve:

'Vettel reacts like a child'

"For me, it has confirmed what I think about Vettel," Villeneuve told Autosprint of the race in Abu Dhabi. "These are facts: while recovering from the back, he first got in contact with Senna who was ahead of him and damaged his front wing. Then he lost control of his car and crashed under the safety car. A very serious error that had light consequences. As for the rest, he has shown to be super quick, but he was lucky and I'm not changing my mind: Alonso deserves the 2012 title more."

When it comes to a head to head comparison between the two, Villeneuve is of the opinion that Alonso is superior mentally and emotionally, meaning that the Ferrari man is a better driver who is able to react effectively to different situations.

"I have no doubts: Fernando Alonso is the best, that's why I root for him," said the 1997 title winner."

"These behaviours indicate two different states of maturity but, let's be clear, Sebastian is an ace too; however, he struggles more in critical situations."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8247473/-Vettel-reacts-like-a-child-?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jaf1%2Fplanetf1+%28PlanetF1+News%29
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #341 on: November 14, 2012, 18:14 »
    ...be great to have that up here....truth be told have been a Lotus fan since the days of Jim Clark...so that is tres cool pour moi...

Cheers

blutto

Guess what...

"Hi Karen

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have received a huge number of requests for the Kimi shirt and are exploring options currently - stay tuned for more news!

Kind Regards

Lotus F1 Team

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 13 November 2012 05:30
    To: Web Team
    Subject: Kimi's 'Leave Me Alone' T-Shirt

Hi there - this is probably not the appropriate e-mail address for this.. but closest I could find. We are a bunch of big Kimi & Lotus fans and would love to buy one of those T-shirts! Who could we contact to see if they'd be keen?

Thank you

Best Regards

Karen

South Africa

-------------------------------------------

Lotus F1 Team Limited
    Registered in England no. 1806337
    Registered Office: 16 Old Bailey London EC4M 7EG

WARNING: please ensure that you have adequate virus protection in place before you open or detach any documents attached to this email.

This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information.

E-mails to and from Lotus F1 Team are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.

The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

If you have received this email in error please forward to: is.servicedesk@lotusf1team.com quoting the sender, then delete the message and any attached documents
    -------------------------------------------"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #342 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50 »
    "Tilke predicts tough test for drivers

Controversial track designer Hermann Tilke has told Autosport the Circuit of the Americas could prove to be one of the biggest challenges of the season for drivers and teams. "I think there are some real difficult parts of this track," Tilke told the magazine. "I expect in first practice the drivers will make many mistakes, but they are so good they will learn it quickly because they are the best in the world.

"The track goes up and down, and there is also one corner which is banked the wrong way. For the drivers it will be hard, it will be difficult to set up the car and it will be tough to keep the tyres running correctly too. That could mean there are more problems with the tyres, which will be good for the race." The general view is that there are four clear overtaking zones on the circuit but until the cars have been out on track, Tilke preferred not to be drawn on what kind of spectacle will be produced.

"This year they had a lot of overtaking at Abu Dhabi, and there are opportunities to overtake here. In the end overtaking is only possible when a faster driver is behind a slower driver. If it is the opposite then overtaking is not possible.

"We have to see what the drivers will say about it. That first statement will be important, and hopefully it will be a positive one. But you never know how it works."

http://en.espnf1.com/usa/motorsport/story/94841.html?CMP=OTC-RSS
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner

blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #344 on: November 15, 2012, 22:45 »
    ...this may be preaching to the already converted but for those who missed this it is supremely slick...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20343490

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 00:16 by blutto »

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #345 on: November 16, 2012, 13:26 »
    Very cool :-D

"@clubforce: @NicoHulkenberg is the proud owner of the coolest @alpinestars boots on the planet  - inspired by The Hulk! Take a look http://t.co/E0pywACs"
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #346 on: November 16, 2012, 16:56 »
    Ffs, Vettel goes from nowhere to 1.4 seconds quicker than anyone else by the end of FP1.  ONE POINT FOUR SECONDS!!!  The rest might as well pack up and go home now.  Or head to the beach and forget Brazil, because much as it pains me to say this, there is no way I don't see Vettel winning both the race and the title this weekend  >:(
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #347 on: November 16, 2012, 18:05 »
    Eish, I missed all of it! And will probably miss all qualis too. Am in Johannesburg Sunday night, my friend will just have to handle the F1 :-D
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 15037
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #348 on: November 16, 2012, 18:59 »
    Ffs, Vettel goes from nowhere to 1.4 seconds quicker than anyone else by the end of FP1.  ONE POINT FOUR SECONDS!!!  The rest might as well pack up and go home now.  Or head to the beach and forget Brazil, because much as it pains me to say this, there is no way I don't see Vettel winning both the race and the title this weekend  >:(

Pirelli offered another set of hard tyres today, Vettel was one of the few who made use of it in P1 already
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #349 on: November 17, 2012, 06:27 »
    "@MagicZoetrope: @kabloemski  check out on board cams ->  http://t.co/7VMsAPZI"

http://stream.speedtv.com/mobile/idevice/mercedes
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #350 on: November 17, 2012, 10:01 »
    "@f1fanatic_co_uk: Hamilton's had pole position six times this year, Vettel five, Alonso and Webber twice, Rosberg, Maldonado and Button once. #F1"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #351 on: November 18, 2012, 05:35 »
    So who's amped for Austin? I'm watching it in Jozi tonight :-)
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #352 on: November 18, 2012, 15:09 »
    So who's amped for Austin? I'm watching it in Jozi tonight :-)

...moi!...moi!...moi!....

...and the dream scenario is that somehow Alonso manages to finish in front of Vettel ;D and Kimi wins over-all :win...

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #353 on: November 18, 2012, 15:13 »
    ...moi!...moi!...moi!....

...and the dream scenario is that somehow Alonso manages to finish in front of Vettel ;D and Kimi wins over-all :win...

Cheers

blutto

:-D Blutto - I'm getting BLOTTO in Jozi :-D And yes - dream scenario right there! WOOOOOOP!
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #354 on: November 18, 2012, 15:15 »
    Alonso and Vettel out in the first lap with a mega crash in the first corner ( I dont know the Austin circuit, didnt watch QF ). Kimi to win and make the Brazil GP even more exciting ;D.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #355 on: November 18, 2012, 15:21 »
    Rubbish, Saddam Hussein drops a nuclear bomb on the track and Narain Karthikeyan's the sole driver still in the race and wins.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #356 on: November 18, 2012, 15:48 »
    Rubbish, Saddam Hussein drops a nuclear bomb on the track and Narain Karthikeyan's the sole driver still in the race and wins.

;D   

And hell might freeze over, you never know...

Head says Vettel  will win this comfortably and probably the title with it.  Heart says anyone but him, even Hamilton.  For that to happen, Vettel's got to duff his start somehow, and Lewis has to get in front before turn 1. 

Ideal scenario for me would be for Button to drive through the field to take the win, Alonso gets second to get good WC points, and Vettel crashes out.   But then as I said, hell might freeze over...   :police:
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #357 on: November 18, 2012, 15:56 »
    Alonso and Vettel out in the first lap with a mega crash in the first corner ( I dont know the Austin circuit, didnt watch QF ). Kimi to win and make the Brazil GP even more exciting ;D.

WOOP :-D #ItsAllGoodYo
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Formula 1 - 2012
    « Reply #358 on: November 18, 2012, 15:58 »
    Um, crashing's not cool, though.. I'm tipsy :-D #ThatIsAllOverAndOUT
  • ReplyReply

• blutto

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #359 on: November 18, 2012, 16:12 »

...well...if one is to dream...dream big!...will be watching for that from the safety of my bunker...

Cheers

blutto
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: [2.Pro] Vuelta a San Juan by search
    [January 26, 2023, 10:26]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [January 26, 2023, 10:21]

Re: [2.Pro] Vuelta a San Juan by Leadbelly
    [January 26, 2023, 09:50]

Re: [2.Pro] Vuelta a San Juan by Leadbelly