• Liked: 904
Joachim if I knew that pain in the ass it is, I would never listen to you :D
I am dead :D
But take a look :evil:
I hack sawing my Slice too :D
Before fugly as hell!

After

Slice stereer :evil:

Meanwhile when tap down star nut, alu insert epoxy loose and came down as well, so I did not have a choice then get it out and reglued it tomorow. But that was hell of a trip :D

I use lot of spacers beneath stem, one big washer and longer bolts to get it out.

I did not evenly spread epoxy before 2-3 yrs ago, and that is why alu insert loose.

I am done for today! :evil:
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Joachim

• National Champion
    • Liked: 290
     :D :D :D :D

You probably don't realise it yet, but that is likely the best 6-7 hours of your life you've ever spent.

You've done justice to that beautiful bike  :cool

• ReplyReply
  • "You can't handle the truth"

Colonel Nathan R Jessup

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    :D :D :D :D

You probably don't realise it yet, but that is likely the best 6-7 hours of your life you've ever spent.

You've done justice to that beautiful bike  :cool
    That is why it took me 3 yrs to do this, but yes it was great :D
    Hey, what bike stand tool you have? Must made some home made.
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    Bike workshop stand?

I think mine is a Union one. It gets used all the time, for tuning, repairs bike building, and also bike washing.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Bike workshop stand?

I think mine is a Union one. It gets used all the time, for tuning, repairs bike building, and also bike washing.
    Kool must get one for sure.
    Look my epoxy glue job, it is nightmare, hope it will bond very well. Those expander thingie are just awesome and dont know why Funda& Cervelo use this bloody nightmare. This star nut job would cost me at least 30 euros at LBS, at least. Epoxy, sand paper, alcohol, gloves, and nerves  :D just over 8 euros. Will wait until tomorow and test if bond are strong.

• ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    The problem with expanders in carbon tubes is that they have to be where the pressure points of the stem are, otherwise you risk crushing the carbon tube and having the handlebars come away in your hands as you are descending at 100 kph resulting in a messy painful death.

I've never had that happen to me though  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    The problem with expanders in carbon tubes is that they have to be where the pressure points of the stem are, otherwise you risk crushing the carbon tube and having the handlebars come away in your hands as you are descending at 100 kph resulting in a messy painful death.

I've never had that happen to me though  :D
    I am havin expander system on Slice and it works so far no problemo, will wait until tomorow and test it properly, if bond not strong enough expander is next thing to consider.
  • ReplyReply

•