collapse

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 3365
    • Velorooms
  • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
I may be wrong about this because I'm purely going from memory but didn't parts of both PDM and RMO merge  into the Festina team in about 1992? If they did that would mean that Festina could trace back to the La Redoute team in the 70's.

From memory some of the riders went to Festina (in fact several of the riders went to Festina). None of the management went across as far as I know, and no sponsors, so apart from footnote of riders.
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 879
    From memory some of the riders went to Festina (in fact several of the riders went to Festina). None of the management went across as far as I know, and no sponsors, so apart from footnote of riders.

Just looked it up and aswell as the riders Bruno Rousell came across as a DS from RMO and Erik Rijckaert (Dr Fiat Punto) came from PDM so more cherry picking of certain staff than the actual merger that my memory thought it was.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 788
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    Jan Gisbers went over to Festina.

On La Francaise des Jeux, there is a line to Aubervilliers '93   [since 1994] and of course [1997] BigMat - Auber '93.
    On Ag2R, Chazal goes back to 1990: Mosoca - Eurocar - Chazal
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    back to 1997 now. slowly getting there.
    http://velorooms.com/index.php?page=cyclinggenealogy

aim for 2013 is 1 year per week, which will see me hit the target of 1964 in about September.

on ag2r, yes, missed mosaca/eurocar, theres also common link back to fagor as well, with MBK, and fagor and then mosaca being the last two teams for Lavenu who then became Chazal boss.
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 760
    • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
    back to 1997 now. slowly getting there.

aim for 2013 is 1 year per week, which will see me hit the target of 1964 in about September.

on ag2r, yes, missed mosaca/eurocar, theres also common link back to fagor as well, with MBK, and fagor and then mosaca being the last two teams for Lavenu who then became Chazal boss.

This is great! I've thought about starting a thread like this since I started on cycling boards 4 years ago, but I always figured I'd have to be willing to put in the graphic work if I wanted to do it, and I had neither the know how nor the time. So kudos for working on it. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for future updates.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    update: includes 1996
    Carrera, Agrigrel and a few others.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Updated. Now back to 1992, loads of new teams added (about 20 or so). and the pdf is now lightweight and sub 1mb
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Finally made it back to 1990.. 25 years of grand tour teams now covered. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Todays very dubious claim, is that folllowing todays research Wanty Group Gobert can lay claim to being the oldest team in the peloton, two years older than the Reynolds/Banesto/Movistar line.

Wanty...
    Took the management from Vacansoleil
    The Collstrop team merged into Vacansoliel
    This was born out of the Mr Bookmaker team which previously was Collstrop Pallmans
    This was formed from the Palmans ideal team which started life as Assur carpets
    Assur carpets was formed after the split of the Collstrop Isoglass team (the other half went to Collstrop Garden Wood)
    Colstropp Isoglass was formed by a merger of Hitachi and Mini-Flat Isoglass
    And Hitachi started life in 1978 as Old Lords Splendour

that will be in the next update...
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    The BKCP Powerplus team also is part of the same lineage as Wanty group splitting from MrBookmaker in 2006
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6943
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Todays very dubious claim, is that folllowing todays research Wanty Group Gobert can lay claim to being the oldest team in the peloton, two years older than the Reynolds/Banesto/Movistar line.

Wanty...
    Took the management from Vacansoleil
    The Collstrop team merged into Vacansoliel
    This was born out of the Mr Bookmaker team which previously was Collstrop Pallmans
    This was formed from the Palmans ideal team which started life as Assur carpets
    Assur carpets was formed after the split of the Collstrop Isoglass team (the other half went to Collstrop Garden Wood)
    Colstropp Isoglass was formed by a merger of Hitachi and Mini-Flat Isoglass
    And Hitachi started life in 1978 as Old Lords Splendour

that will be in the next update...
    We need that 80s Splendor kit back in some form: :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    We need that 80s Splendor kit back in some form: :cool

I will be doing a lot of the old kits..

Now ive made it back to 1990 which was the first goal of 25 years, im now working on tying up all the linked teams, and getting the lineague fully done (im as far as italy so only portugal, spain and the smaller nations to do).

Then im taking a break from the info gathering and going to be drawing a bunch of the older kits to insert into the graphic (which also ties in then with doing the new 2015 kits, so im just focussed on kit drawing for a little while) before returning to the information gathering again.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Big update today, well a very big update, and what can probably now be considered "part 1 complete".

25 years of teams, all linked by movement of sponsors, managers etc...

Im taking a break now, going back to drawing team kits for a few weeks to add to it and current ones..

Then to tackle the 80's.. ive a feeling it will get easier as most of the teams riding GT's in the 80's should already be there..

PDF - Link
  • ReplyReply

•