collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10407
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
That would involve Walsh having done a deal with McQuaid. No way.
The leak is sky, I'm sure of it.

I agree with Dim.

My only question is if the leak was authorised or unauthorised.

If unauthorised then Brailsford will be cursing the month of relationship building that he gave Walsh in July.

Got to be Unauthorised not even Sky could flip up the PR so badly if they knew the leak was coming .

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    Got to be Unauthorised not even Sky could flip up the PR so badly if they knew the leak was coming .

nothing at sky is unauthorised
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    nothing at sky is unauthorised

pee up brewery instructions  , Fran Millar needs firing or whoever is in charge
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    Not so sure about that.

Past behaviour indicates otherwise.

eg this years TdF questions and knowing what was coming from Wiggo in the previous year, they still managed to have PR nightmare.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    Walsh seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest, but I can't imagine he would risk ruining his reputation with Sky by releasing this. Because if he has crossed Sky I can assure you that they will alienate him and the new identity he has created would be ruined entirely.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Froome's Thoughts

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 113
    • Cycling blogger, Team Sky, Chris Froome
      • Froome's Thoughts
    Walsh seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest,

It is all about trying to keep the media guessing and thereby increase the sales of his book in November. I doubt Sky would allow him to publish the book if he did leak it unauthorized.
  • ReplyReply
  • Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

~ Albert Einstein, letter to his son Eduard, 1930

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    pee up brewery instructions  , Fran Millar needs firing or whoever is in charge

trust me, nothing is unauthorised. It used to go from DB, to Shane Sutton, to Fran, to whoever did the communication, then all the way back again.

Whats interesting regarding walshs book (which sounds crap), is in all the promo for it it harps on about lance, how Walsh digs to find the dirty truth etc etc, this is just a crappy attempt to make it sound like his book might drop huge secrets about Sky, when in fact, it will reveal bugger all.

This is all about Sky trying to ditch JTL, and Walsh trying to flog his next crap book.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    In Dim we trust. :shh ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    Here we go. Knew I wasn't going mad. Can't remember where I saw it originally though. This was written a couple of weeks ago:

https://rouleurmagazine.wordpress.com/tag/jonathan-tiernan-locke/

“My confidence is getting there. I’m not deluding myself, I’m gonna need a result.”

He is currently without a coach, listening to his own body going into his second year with Team Sky.

“Everyone around me has noticed I’m just enjoying riding my bike again.”
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    This is all about Sky trying to ditch JTL, and Walsh trying to flog his next crap book.
    I'm sorry I disagree with this.

1) JTL tells probably Brailsford he is being investigated by UCI (his contract probably requires him to) Sky have potentially their 1st positive on there hands. Sky in a panic - how to mitigate damage. Tell JTL he is dropped from WRR team. Probably Wednesday.
    2) Sky - "If JTL did it, it was pre-Team Sky". Lets leak that message out to a friendly journo and then say nothing - "It is a confidential process". Probably Thursday.
    3) David Walsh took a different line - "Team Sky - Strike 2 - on their terrible recruitment process" on Sunday
    4) JTL/Agent/Endura horrified at leak and plan fightback strategy on Monday
    5) Endura statement - "It is more complicated - Sky involved with JTL pre-ToB, Garmin tested, UCI/UKAD refused" - Tuesday
    6) JTL Agent - "Confident of getting cleared, JTL was ill/overtrained. We want the name of leaker" - Tuesday

I guess what will happen next is:
    1) JTL cleared at UCI review.
    2) Agent blames Sky for leak and some private compensation deal is worked out. Perhaps, JTL riding for NetApp/Endura next year with Sky paying wages.
    3) Team Sky review recruitment process and perform more stringent physiological reviews for non-passport riders signed. Bullet dodged but sponsor unhappy.
    4) Doesn't add any volume to the Walsh book

Dust settles in the mass market, but conspiracy theorists don't forget :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    I'm sorry I disagree with this.

1) JTL tells probably Brailsford he is being investigated by UCI (his contract probably requires him to) Sky have potentially their 1st positive on there hands. Sky in a panic - how to mitigate damage. Tell JTL he is dropped from WRR team. Probably Wednesday.
    2) Sky - "If JTL did it, it was pre-Team Sky". Lets leak that message out to a friendly journo and then say nothing - "It is a confidential process". Probably Thursday.
    3) David Walsh took a different line - "Team Sky - Strike 2 - on their terrible recruitment process" on Sunday
    4) JTL/Agent/Endura horrified at leak and plan fightback strategy on Monday
    5) Endura statement - "It is more complicated - Sky involved with JTL pre-ToB, Garmin tested, UCI/UKAD refused" - Tuesday
    6) JTL Agent - "Confident of getting cleared, JTL was ill/overtrained. We want the name of leaker" - Tuesday

I guess what will happen next is:
    1) JTL cleared at UCI review.
    2) Agent blames Sky for leak and some private compensation deal is worked out. Perhaps, JTL riding for NetApp/Endura next year with Sky paying wages.
    3) Team Sky review recruitment process and perform more stringent physiological reviews for non-passport riders signed. Bullet dodged but sponsor unhappy.

Dust settles in the mass market, but conspiracy theorists don't forget :D

Agreed thought this as well
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Breaking: 2014 season transfer

Keith --> the PR fixers, movers and shakers industry
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms

So we agree sky is the source of the leak. On Walsh, hes taken a lot of flack for being a sky fanboy, in their pocket, so his book was widely expected to be pretty crap. With this hes trying to show that he isnt in their pocket, he will "ask the tough questions", and therefore hopes that he makes himself more marketable.

his book will still be crap.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3208
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    Breaking: 2014 season transfer

Keith --> the PR fixers, movers and shakers industry

Replacing Sky's current firm of Botchit and Scarper, LLP
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    So we agree sky is the source of the leak. On Walsh, hes taken a lot of flack for being a sky fanboy, in their pocket, so his book was widely expected to be pretty crap. With this hes trying to show that he isnt in their pocket, he will "ask the tough questions", and therefore hopes that he makes himself more marketable.

his book will still be crap.
    I've ordered the Walsh. I will wait to pass judgement, but expectations are not high :D
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 179
    Backing up Dim's comments, DB SS FM back and forth before going out is the way it runs.  Soon as I saw that Walsh was releasing it, I knew it had to come from FM.  DB and SS would have approved.  they approved because it makes their controls look good and gives amo to their defenders. JTL dopes to get the ride then has a rubbish season with Sky because Sky = no doping.  Walsh is well chuffed for the reasons stated. 

But it has also opened up an avenue for him to be seen as a good source to run a story against Sky.  That may well be a door that Sky one day regret ever opening. 

Walsh, like any other journalist would just love a rider to come his way telling the secrets.  Then he will do what any journalist would do.

If we look back over the last 20 years, the chances of the testing catching dopers is quite small, the science of doping is ahead of that of testing.  Even when step changes have occurred in testing and they retest samples - it took what, 8 years before the results were revealed.  The big busts come when a doctor is nabbed or somebody wants to "tell all".  DB and SS would keep those who know a tiny group.  It may well be that Froome actually keeps DB and SS in the dark about what and how he does it.  It is going to be one "pi**ed off bunny" that does the talking.  Given that the UK cycling press have had an appalling track record over the last 20 years of genuflecting before Lance and his predecessors, that Walsh put the story out is no bad thing.  He would be an ideal person for that bunny to take the story to.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5653
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    He doesn't explain this though:
    Brailsford couldn't risk lying to the team's hitherto embedded journalist in case JT-L turned out to be guilty.
    Neither the team, nor the Federation nor any other national anti-doping agency are informed at this point.
    If the team isn't informed, how did Brailsford know? Was he approached by JTL who needed some of the team's data in order to explain his blood data? Is it an internal policy that riders must notify DB immediately?
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    He doesn't explain this though:If the team isn't informed, how did Brailsford know? Was he approached by JTL who needed some of the team's data in order to explain his blood data? Is it an internal policy that riders must notify DB immediately?

I guess you would tell your boss, if the rider thought they would help.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    I guess you would tell your boss, if the rider thought they would help.
    I guess.
    If your boss is David Brailsford, that's kind of naïve though. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    I guess.
    If your boss is David Brailsford, that's kind of naïve though. ;)

not unless you thought Sky wanted you to ride for them 2014

if you did think you where required , then the team would have gone into bat for you ie Froome , Porte etc so maybe naive

but as Keith said maybe this is a way of getting rid of JTL , which is pretty sh*t but there you go
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    The whole JTL time line does my head in, have included a future as well  :s

- so Young guy shows some talent , does well gets sick

- gives up on cycling drops off the scene , gets well and thinks , right 1 more go

- Signs for Endura and bang " out of no where " smashes up results gets hyped to be the next Froome before there is a next Froome basically , 2012 Sky take over management of a guy whole according to smithy is old school and a bit of a loner, they put him on the Kerrison program

- he basically falls to bits as his body shut down

- BP letter arrives 3 weeks to talk to panel - not public knowledge yet

- he gets removed from the worlds team for form reasons ( we can assume that BC and therefore Sky or vise verse know the deal )

- Walsh finds out from either someone at - BC or Sky or The UCI

- Walsh shows the haters and/or doing Sky´s dirty work writes the article

- Sky do this because they want to get rid of the rider or they were not involved ( Dim assures me that nothing happens at Sky withot DB saying so )

- so when and IF JTL gets off Sky will send him to Endura where Smithy will take him back , sky pay his wage for 2014

- he rides 2 GT next year and either does well = Doper in the public eye - Sky are clean that is why they outed him and kicked him from the team , even if not so - public image is number 1

or he does badly and is a doper but did not dope any more due to the world watching and ...  Sky are clean that is why they outed him and kicked him from the team , even if not so - public image is number 1

hey a penny just dropped - Sky are clean that is why they outed him and kicked him from the team , even if not so - public image is number 1

now I need a shower and if he is banned then he was clean at Sky due to BP results and race results and Sky are clean that is why they outed him and kicked him from the team , even if not so - public image is number 1
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    Maybe the online campaign against Sky as dopers is continuing to cloud their judgement after the debacle of releasing staff and riders last year.. 

And now this botched situation will bring more of this and just reinforce the crap opinion most people have on them.  Meanwhile Nettap Endura get a good but sullied rider so nobody really wins.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    JTL to win the 2014 Giro, 2 minutes ahead of Porte. :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    Inrng looks at the jtl case

http://inrng.com/2013/10/uci-bio-passport-tiernan-locke/
    Good stuff from inrng.

It is a shame that WADA don't release statistical information on biological passports (volume of alarms, inquiries etc)
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    Maybe the online campaign against Sky as dopers is continuing to cloud their judgement after the debacle of releasing staff and riders last year.. 

And now this botched situation will bring more of this and just reinforce the crap opinion most people have on them.  Meanwhile Nettap Endura get a good but sullied rider so nobody really wins.

JLT has shown promise to be a good rider, but he hasn't performed as a good rider. IMO.

The excuses for this seasons annus horriblus dont wash with me.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    JLT has shown promise to be a good rider, but he hasn't performed as a good rider. IMO.

To be fair beno not much washes with you :lol
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159

I  thought he rode OK last year,  OK he's been useless this year for sure. 
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    To be fair beno not much washes with you :lol

Is there a smell...... :D

Post Merge: October 04, 2013, 16:19
    I  thought he rode OK last year,  OK he's been useless this year for sure.

If he was 23 last year it would have been a good year, but that he was 28 meant that it 'didn't wash' with me :lol

Wonder whether future riders will seriously consider a move to Sky, when they think of the likes of EBH 'failings' and now JTL's complaints about the training.

But then again in today's sport any ride appears to be a good ride!  :cheesy
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.