collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1978
  • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
Most of you will never have watched Hurling before...
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:05 »
...try a look at this from minutes 7 to 10 for a combination of athleticism and technique.

Bet a lot of you will watch more...

(once described as egg & spoon racing while being chased by a farmer's son waving a fencepost at your head)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:09 by Armchair Cyclist »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9138
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    I was in Ireland a couple of years ago and watched the all irish finals in a pub in Dublin, that was quite amazing

although the Kerry fans said us germans are even worse than Cork :D (the final in gaelic football was Cork vs Kerry back then)
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9138
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    we asked some school boys about Hurling and they said they have to take theory lessons for a couple of years before being allowed to play (if I remember correctly)
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    love curling alot..used to catch up on youtube
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1978
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    love curling alot..used to catch up on youtube

Curling and Hurling are about as different as two sports can be...  like confusing cycling and scything.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    i mean hurling.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    I love when  countries  have their own sports rather than all follow the same ones.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5912
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    I love when  countries  have their own sports rather than all follow the same ones.
    Except when they're American, neuter Rugby/Cricket and call it American Football/Baseball. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 262
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    http://mccurtains.com/
    My local team. There is a well established following of Hurling in London & throughout the uk.
    As well as good bars in the clubhouses.
  • ReplyReply

• Wheelie1977

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 20
    • Peter Sagan is ainm dom
      • Wheelietips
    I was in Ireland a couple of years ago and watched the all irish finals in a pub in Dublin, that was quite amazing

although the Kerry fans said us germans are even worse than Cork :D (the final in gaelic football was Cork vs Kerry back then)

Ha Ha! I'm from Cork married to a Kerry woman so this is a fine compliment. Kerry people really love Cork folk. Not so sure is it reciprocated !
  • ReplyReply
  • I'm a doping agnostic. We're everywhere.
    Find me @wheelie1977 and check out my race previews at
    www.wheeliebets.com

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Funny, where I come from, this is what we mean by hurling:

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Wheelie1977

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 20
    • Peter Sagan is ainm dom
      • Wheelietips
    I think that's Universal Hurling. Our sport is country specific :-)
  • ReplyReply

•