collapse

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 16
Football
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:08 »
No secret who my main team is. 8)

I also support Ajax, my home town team. Since both of these teams have been pretty much sh*te for years now, I'm lucky to be around at a time when I can watch Barca every week, just as a reminder of how beautiful our game can be.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:14 by L'arriviste »
    Rock On and keep the Faith

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 954
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    Re: Football
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:04 »
    Pune FC and Leeds for me. Caused unbelievable heartache over the past few years. That said the ledge known as Chika Wali has been immense for a couple of years now.
  • ReplyReply

• badger60.1

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:07 »
    I'm not a massive footie fan but i am a Derby County fan and do enjoy international games
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:17 »
    I see that s h i t e becomes shoote. ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:36 »
    Pretty much describes every Frank Lampard deflected goal.
  • ReplyReply

• thirteen

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 13:48 »
    I see that s h i t e becomes shoote. ;D
    we're working on reinstating that back into the allowed words: http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=32.msg261;topicseen#new
  • ReplyReply

• doolols

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 33
    « Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 13:55 »
    Love the game played well. I don't really follow a specific team, but teams that have a connection with me are Birmingham, West Ham, Dagenham and Redbridge, Halifax, Leeds. And probably a few others. As you can see, I don't like top teams. Or maybe my teams all happen to be Championship and below, *because* they are my teams?
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43 »
    Anyone else here watch the Barca-Real game tonight? I'd hate to just be talking to myself. ;)

iirc Dim, you're a Scouser, in which case you'll be pleased to be going to Wem-ber-ley again. :P
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:47 »
    No, would have watched it but had to get up at 3.30 for the cricket.

Read that it was a good match. Why didn't benzema start?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:50 by ramhasajammytrike »

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 01:53 »
    Anyone else here watch the Barca-Real game tonight? I'd hate to just be talking to myself. ;)

iirc Dim, you're a Scouser, in which case you'll be pleased to be going to Wem-ber-ley again. :P

yeh, i was watching the liverpool game which was a cracker, and then caught the end of el classico which was equally good. wish id recorded now.

Its only the league cup, but its our first time ever at the new wembley. Kennys first year in charge, if we can win a trophy and get back in europe (the latter will happen anyway if we win) and the fans will be satisfied. its a progression from hodgson.

Suarez only got 2 more games to miss. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:03 »
    No, would have watched it but had to get up at 3.30 for the cricket.

Read that it was a good match. Why didn't benzema start?

Don't know why Mourinho preferred Higuain. Benzema came on second half and scored. Barca went 2-0 just before HT, then conceded two in the second half. Real might even have knicked it with a bit of luck, but over the two legs Barca deserve to go through.

yeh, i was watching the liverpool game which was a cracker, and then caught the end of el classico which was equally good. wish id recorded now.

Let me put it this way - yes, it was a cracker, particularly the second half, but it wasn't up to the usual high quality that we've come to expect. A below par Barca is still too good for the strongest Real side playing pretty much at their best. Mourinho for once let them attack instead of only clogging and playing on the counter - that made it an extra good game to watch. Real had eight players booked, one of them twice, another should have gone but didn't!
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 02:09 »
    Bellamy should get a rousing reception for the final.
  • ReplyReply

• boardhanger

• Coach Potato
    « Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:26 »
    Celtic forever  ;)  anyone remember Cipolini wearing an Inter Milan jersy on the podium at his final Giro in Milan...?
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32 »
    No secret who my main team is. 8)

I also support Ajax, my home town team. Since both of these teams have been pretty much sh*te for years now, I'm lucky to be around at a time when I can watch Barca every week, just as a reminder of how beautiful our game can be.

Until this season always kind of liked the hammers but seeing as they just knocked my team off the top of the championship i liking them slightly less
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 19:06 »
    Man U fan since '77, brother is an Arsenal fan.

But i have to say i love watching Barcelona play. Messi is amazing and the passing is beautiful. I am not a Mourinho fan. He is of the mentality to win at all costs and win dirty ugly whatever and that is not a philosophy i like. The man is about Team Mou and ensuring his place in history. He will be seen as a great coach, but as a coach who put Mou forward. Will be very happy if he doesn't win anything with Madrid. I loved watching the Madrid of Zizou, Ronaldo, Carlos etc...brilliant team who were about beautiful football.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 19:34 »
    Well, my son and I are watching A LOT more Premier league this year.  We watched some in past years, but the coverage is much better this year.  I am going to be an American homer and say that now that Dempsy is playing with Fulham, I have a favorite team.  Used to watch Arsenal games because of a former roommate who was from the UK and was a fan, but I have to go with Fulham now.
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 19:50 »
    Well, my son and I are watching A LOT more Premier league this year.  We watched some in past years, but the coverage is much better this year.  I am going to be an American homer and say that now that Dempsy is playing with Fulham, I have a favorite team.  Used to watch Arsenal games because of a former roommate who was from the UK and was a fan, but I have to go with Fulham now.

By that logic you coulda/shoulda been a Hammer the last five years while Jon Spector played for us - he's gone now. How old is your son and does he play?
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 21:09 »

I also support Ajax, my home town team.

Aiii.. you are going down Sunday!  8) 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 22:25 »
    Aiii.. you are going down Sunday!  8) 8)

Well, since you're punching above your station, and we're playing way under our usual standard, it should be a close game. ;)

FYI everybody else - he's Feyenoord and I'm Ajax, nuff said. :P
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 22:50 »
    De Kuip will explode if Feyenoord manages to win, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a 2-2, or a draw atleast. Hoping that Feyenoord wins ofcourse.  :P

Oh well, guess im not as radical as some feyenoord supporters, but the usual ajax supporters make me cringe :p.

• ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 00:34 »
    By that logic you coulda/shoulda been a Hammer the last five years while Jon Spector played for us - he's gone now. How old is your son and does he play?

My son is 9 and he has played since he was 6.  He is not super fast, but has a strong foot and he practices all the time.  He is pretty big, so defense is probably in his future, but right now, he is one of the best scorers on his team and he can pass with both feet so he plays middle forward now.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 00:42 »
    By that logic you coulda/shoulda been a Hammer the last five years while Jon Spector played for us - he's gone now.
    Maybe that's why TFF didn't become a hammer.;)
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 02:25 »
    ...but has a strong foot and he practices all the time.  He is pretty big... he is one of the best scorers on his team and he can pass with both feet...

mmmm I can see a new Van Nistelrooy is on the track!

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is my favorite forward of all times!
  • ReplyReply
  • Inspired by Climbing
    Allez Contador

Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    « Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 03:50 »
    Liverpool and Sydney FC for me, two of the most frustrating teams to support
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 12:55 »
    mmmm I can see a new Van Nistelrooy is on the track!

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is my favorite forward of all times!

Bergkamp is mine , He was a freak and for Liverpool still love Fowler at his peak
  • ReplyReply

• Dekker_Tifosi

• Super Saiyan 3
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 3
    « Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 13:22 »
    Robben is my favorite player, although he seems to be only fit for about 10 matches a year.
    Ajax and Newcastle are my favorite teams, though I'm not a massive fan or anything. I just favor them over others. But generally I don't care that much about football teams.

All time favorite player is Maradona. Generally I always liked left-footed dribblers. And also wingers. Among my other favorites of the past are Overmars, Zenden, Finidi George, Babangida, ie speed demons
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 13:29 »
    Delighted to see that you're for Ajax! Beware of Havetts, he is the enemy. ;)

I have come to the conclusion that Messi is the best player I have ever seen, yes, better than Maradona even. I'm talking purely as a 'player'. The greatest football personality for me, considering all aspects, can only be our legendary #14, the one and only Jopie Cruijff uit Betondorp. :P
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 13:30 »
    Robben is my favorite player, although he seems to be only fit for about 10 matches a year.
    Ajax and Newcastle are my favorite teams, though I'm not a massive fan or anything. I just favor them over others. But generally I don't care that much about football teams.

All time favorite player is Maradona. Generally I always liked left-footed dribblers. And also wingers. Among my other favorites of the past are Overmars, Zenden, Finidi George, Babangida, ie speed demons

. Blast from the past. Geez that Nigerian team had some talent around that time. So unpredictable and a great team to watch
  • ReplyReply

•