collapse

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 934
  • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
Re: Football
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 17:40 »
Decent comeback by Arsenal.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 17:48 »
    Mhm, I haven't seen the replay yet. I'll have a look tonight - so I might reconsider.

And yes, it is relieving to finally win since 06 :).

"Beelden in rust bevestigen mijn eerdere Tweet-reactie. Knap versierde strafschop. Vertonghen speelde de bal."

Mario van der Ende

The ball's already gone and Vertonghen's foot is under Guidetti's.
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 19:31 »
    Haha indeed you were right. Oh well  8) 8) 8)
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 21:44 »
    Zambia through to the quarter finals of the african nations. top their group to avoid ivory coast in semis.

Senegal lose all of their games to finish bottom of their group. African football is strange sometimes.

nigeria, cameroon, algeria, south africa and egypt all failed to even qualify

much as  i love the Chipolopolo looks like Ivory coast or Ghana for the win
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 22:08 »
    Its great news about zambia..with their tragic team history and all.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 22:48 »
    Its great news about zambia..with their tragic team history and all.

Indeed, especially considering the tournament is being held in Gabon this time.

They are not quite the team they once were but that is more down to wealth that any legacy of the air disaster. in the 70's Zambia was a much wealthier nation and its subsequent decline has impacted on their football as well as everything else. Last couple of years i would say they have moved themselves to the top of the second tier of African football.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #66 on: January 30, 2012, 02:21 »
    Makes me feel a lot better about the 5-1 defeat that we suffered against Zambia around a couple of months ago.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #67 on: January 30, 2012, 15:03 »
    transfer deadline day is very quiet.And a manure utd fan told me that they let us win the other day..sheessssh  lol
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 22:23 »
    transfer deadline day is very quiet.And a manure utd fan told me that they let us win the other day..sheessssh  lol

Saint s have signed a new striker. but not that interesting to any one else
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 22:40 »

Matt le tissier was so underrated...he was magical.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 23:24 »
    Matt le tissier was so underrated...he was magical.

Was unfairly blamed for a loss to italy at home and never played for england again.

great player, truly talented, lazy b@stard mind.

worshipped in Southampton ('Le God" t shirts were very popular)
    once went to a pub in Southampton and had to queue to get in. Realised Matt was in the queue in front of us. When he got to the front the bouncers pointed out that Matt did not need to queue to get anywhere, and he said, I am not on the pitch now so am just like everyone else. Nice to see he was down to earth as well.

• ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 262
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    « Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 07:51 »

Ze Eduardo having a medical at West Ham today and Ravel Morrison the 18 year old bad boy Manc also rummored to be joining the Hammers. Morrison could turn out to be a great signing if he behaves himself of the pitch.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 13:00 »
    Ze Eduardo having a medical at West Ham today and Ravel Morrison the 18 year old bad boy Manc also rummored to be joining the Hammers. Morrison could turn out to be a great signing if he behaves himself of the pitch.

Closet Hammer, Archie? :P

Deadline day invariably leads to ridiculous rumours, false hopes, and eventually, disappointment. This 18 yr. old Manc kid apparently asked for 30k per week, they told him to f*** off. Sounds just the ticket for West Ham. :(
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 13:10 »
    Bam_bam, did you hear about the Premier league soccer auction, Cannavaro fetched $830k.

article
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner

Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 262
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    « Reply #75 on: January 31, 2012, 14:46 »
    Ammster, looks like the Morrison deal is on and also the signing of Nicky Maynard. SSN saying both had medicals and are now of to sign on the dotted line.
    Closet Hammer me, no way,  lifelong Iron me, I go back to the days of Budgie, Ticker Boyce, and other such greats but then I did grow up in East Ham.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #76 on: January 31, 2012, 14:51 »
    Ammster, looks like the Morrison deal is on and also the signing of Nicky Maynard. SSN saying both had medicals and are now of to sign on the dotted line.
    Closet Hammer me, no way,  lifelong Iron me, I go back to the days of Budgie, Ticker Boyce, and other such greats but then I did grow up in East Ham.

That's certainly worth your first karma hit, me old mucker. First visit to UP was Sept. '67, saw Moore, Hurst and Peters on the pitch. I consider myself a Hammer since around Sept. '68. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    « Reply #77 on: January 31, 2012, 19:10 »
    Is anyone watching futsal :o euro? Lot of spectators here.
    Our national champion, yes you are right the one who kicked Ajax ass are preparing for next season CL ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #78 on: January 31, 2012, 19:28 »
    Quarter finals next year for Dinamo. They'll then face Real Madrid, who'd have bought the referee.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #79 on: January 31, 2012, 19:34 »
    Quarter finals next year for Dinamo. They'll then face Real Madrid, who'd have bought the referee.
    I think we are ready now, we could done this last year but rich teams cheat and bought every single referee around.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #80 on: January 31, 2012, 19:47 »
    They buy the players, they buy the referee, next they'll buy a programmed ball to go into the opposition goal.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #81 on: January 31, 2012, 20:12 »
    yes you are right the one who kicked Ajax ass are preparing for next season CL ;)

Dude, you're mis-remembering. The only asses that got kicked and owned, were yours. All of football Europe laughed at you. All your players (and whoever else) then laughed at the rest of football Europe as they pushed their wheelbarrows full of cash to the bank. :P
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 14:08 by Amsterhammer »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #82 on: January 31, 2012, 20:42 »
    Dude, you're mis-remembering. The only asses that got kicked and owned, were yours. All of football Europe laughed at you. All your players (and whoever else) then laughed at the rest of football Europe as they pushed their wheebarrows full of cash to the bank. :P
    Ajax bribe us as Lyon did, everyone know that :-*
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 04:19 »
    Lit up a dull match

followed by a Citeh loss
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 14:22 »
    Lit up a dull match

followed by a Citeh loss

This fool got priors.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 14:23 »
    AmsterH, whats the situation with mounir el Hamdaoui?...is he going to fiorentina?
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 14:36 »
    AmsterH, whats the situation with mounir el Hamdaoui?...is he going to fiorentina?

Dear God.

You couldn't make it up. After all parties concerned, especially that utter *&%# himself and his equally *&%#ish agent had the entire month to sort something out, it all fell apart literally at the 11th hour.

According to the player and his agent, the deal collapsed because Fiorentina could not supply the bank guarantee that Ajax wanted. According to Ajax, that's bullsh!t. The club says that MaH and his agent demanded extra payments and considerations for his 'loss of reputation' during the final discussions about the cancelling of his contract with Ajax, at the 11th hour, after everything had been agreed between Ajax, La Viola and the player.

So, he will now stay in the youth squad till the summer, continuing to collect a ridiculous salary for fornicate all. >:( We are all praying that we can maybe now get rid of him to Turkey or Russia, but he'll probably refuse to go.

He is by far the most hated Ajax 'player' since I have started following the club in 1989.

edited to add - Fiorentina now also say that not only did Ajax ask for a bank guarantee when Italian banks were already closed (after 18:30), but that Ajax also did not fax the signed contract back before the Italian transfer deadline of 19:00!

In view of what we know about the complete idiots who are running Ajax at the moment, it is perfectly possible that this deal broke down due to their ignorance of Italian customs and closing times. Seems incredible, but there it is. :-[
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 15:17 by Amsterhammer »

Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 15:32 »
    Dear God.

You couldn't make it up. After all parties concerned, especially that utter *&%# himself and his equally *&%#ish agent had the entire month to sort something out, it all fell apart literally at the 11th hour.

According to the player and his agent, the deal collapsed because Fiorentina could not supply the bank guarantee that Ajax wanted. According to Ajax, that's bullsh!t. The club says that MaH and his agent demanded extra payments and considerations for his 'loss of reputation' during the final discussions about the cancelling of his contract with Ajax, at the 11th hour, after everything had been agreed between Ajax, La Viola and the player.

So, he will now stay in the youth squad till the summer, continuing to collect a ridiculous salary for fornicate all. >:( We are all praying that we can maybe now get rid of him to Turkey or Russia, but he'll probably refuse to go.

He is by far the most hated Ajax 'player' since I have started following the club in 1989.

edited to add - Fiorentina now also say that not only did Ajax ask for a bank guarantee when Italian banks were already closed (after 18:30), but that Ajax also did not fax the signed contract back before the Italian transfer deadline of 19:00!

In view of what we know about the complete idiots who are running Ajax at the moment, it is perfectly possible that this deal broke down due to their ignorance of Italian customs and closing times. Seems incredible, but there it is. :-[
    Thank you very much for the info. sh*tty situation all round.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #88 on: February 01, 2012, 16:29 »
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #89 on: February 01, 2012, 20:16 »
    Egyptian official: 73 dead, hundreds hurt in riots after soccer game
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/01/world/africa/egypt-soccer-deaths/index.html
  • ReplyReply

•