collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4512
  • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Football
« Reply #1110 on: December 23, 2012, 18:27 »
That's nice havy :karen

And what the flip was that van persie thing all about.. jesus! :o the guy didn't do it on purpose :fp Robin is such a diva :police:
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    Football
    « Reply #1111 on: December 23, 2012, 19:04 »
    You really think so Fleurski? It seemed like a pretty hectic kick to me?
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1112 on: December 23, 2012, 19:07 »
    ??? what do you mean by cheating?  :)

Um well rumours are rife that umps are not so inclined to blow against Man U if they value their careers.. some other teams too ???
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1113 on: December 23, 2012, 19:07 »
    *refs Getting my crickey lingo confussed ???
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #1114 on: December 23, 2012, 19:22 »
    ??? what do you mean by cheating?  :)

United were poor today and it seemed like we went back to our usual lack of incisiveness once everything eventually settled down.
    A big problem is Valencia who has been going through a poor patch of form and was incapable of either beating defenders or even delivering a decent cross into the middle. Young also seems just to lack penetration. Some of his football was good but it is all for nothing if he can not take on the defender and deliver to Van Persie to score. Rooney has been sub-standard this season. He is a very temperamental player and will go through patches.. currently he is going through a long patch of sustained averageness.. :D His first touch, second touch and third touch ,if he had not been dispossessed by then  :P, were all awful and it was evident that RVP was reluctant to link up with Rooney when he knew that Rooney could barely tell his left foot from his right.

On the bright side Carrick was phenomenal today and a central midfielder like him is exactly what United need. He is showing signs of been that rock in the midfield who not only links the midfield together but also delivers to the forwards and shields his back four. It was also good to see Vidic back and he played well, as he could not do anything for the goal as he had to go across to De Guzman . Though I disagree about Evra SR.. He has had a good season up until now, well at least in comparison to his nightmarish performances of last season but today he was just bossed around by Routledge and the others. He was partially at fault for the goal but I just felt that he was not dominant enough against the tricky forwards of Swansea. His attacking contribution was alright but once again it just lacked penetration, a couple of times he could have found RVP or someone and instead mucked it up.

Class by Agustien as well. Was a performance and a half that..

Oh and Chelsea 8-0 WTF?  O0

PS: Ashley Williams.. a very good player to have in your fantasy team, but why do all football managers have to be so dramatic?  :fp

I thought Evra did well, certainly compared to others. Going forward he was more dangerous than Young, Valencia or Jones (though those 3 all had a bad game, so that isn't saying much).
    I agree that the problem for United is in their wingers: Young had some good games but is very inconsistant, while Valencia is just consistently bad. Perhaps when they sell Nani and buy a new winger it'll improve, or if Kagawa returns.. Or even play old man Giggs more often, he was decent today for the little while he played. United just need some more creativity.

Didn't see Chelsea in the end, but sounds like they had a great game. Perhaps they might still be able to challenge the Manchester teams for the competition, especially since they'll likely spend some money on a striker again this January.

In the Dutch league, sad to see Vitesse spill so many points lately. 3 games, 1 point. From tied leader of the competition to 5th place...
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4512
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #1115 on: December 23, 2012, 19:26 »
    Kabski van Persie is known as a diva here in nl... actually the whole dutch team :fp
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1116 on: December 23, 2012, 20:08 »
    I see!
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #1117 on: December 23, 2012, 21:07 »
    Um well rumours are rife that umps are not so inclined to blow against Man U if they value their careers.. some other teams too ???
    ;D

They are all just jealous.. :P

If you mean Fergie time then you should see this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20464371

But no they are not proper rumours AFAIK, just something people say in jest. And anyways United in terms of decisions certainly do not get the rub of the green (at least in my biased eyes  :D)
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1118 on: December 23, 2012, 21:26 »
    I thought Evra did well, certainly compared to others. Going forward he was more dangerous than Young, Valencia or Jones (though those 3 all had a bad game, so that isn't saying much).
    I agree that the problem for United is in their wingers: Young had some good games but is very inconsistant, while Valencia is just consistently bad. Perhaps when they sell Nani and buy a new winger it'll improve, or if Kagawa returns.. Or even play old man Giggs more often, he was decent today for the little while he played. United just need some more creativity.

Didn't see Chelsea in the end, but sounds like they had a great game. Perhaps they might still be able to challenge the Manchester teams for the competition, especially since they'll likely spend some money on a striker again this January.

In the Dutch league, sad to see Vitesse spill so many points lately. 3 games, 1 point. From tied leader of the competition to 5th place...
    Evra going forward is an interesting case. He never crosses which if you ever watched Gary Neville/Leighton Baines should be the priority for allowing any fullback (asides from Dani Alves/Adriano/Any Barca player) to start. But I do agree that he can be effective by cutting in from the by line and running onto balls from an overlap. Just generally he does not seem to utilise those opportunities. He does not have the head of a forward and so when he is around the box he just passes it in or something and hopes for the best, does not really contribute to our goal scoring power. He also passes back a lot. It is something that United with Carrick do a lot, but if you look at the best midfielders such as Scholes they rarely pass behind and if you counted the amount of touches Evra has with how constructive he is, it is very skewed. He has his high points certainly, but on days like today he seemed to just lack penetration. Getting into position is the easy part for him but actually finishing anything takes much more and is currently what United need.

Also saw a comment saying that how can United expect to face Madrid and Ronaldo if they can not face Michu and Routledge  :fp
    Madrid currently are 16 points behind Barca, which even considering the way Barca are playing this season is rather pathetic.. and are 7 points or so behind Atletico.. Lost 3-2 yesterday with Ronaldo looking anonymous. So I would say that even after today United should be favourites.

About our wingers. Well Valencia can be terrific when on form. I think that Sir Alex just wants to play him out of his bad patch. Young has been a bit of a disappointment, but as you say when Kagawa comes back then we will have an additional playmaker and will not be as heavily reliant on our wingers to supply. Also Anderson before he got injured was actually looking really promising so I am pretty excited what he has to offer when he comes back.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1119 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09 »
    You really think so Fleurski? It seemed like a pretty hectic kick to me?
    Well a clearance isn't supposed to be a tickle.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1120 on: December 24, 2012, 10:49 »
    Ok ok fine! Although I'd still have given the guy a :nuts

"@KevinMcCallum: RT @SabotageTimes: Great news: Robin Van Persie has pulled through the night http://t.co/zYKRIXjy"

:-P
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1121 on: December 26, 2012, 16:52 »
    Carrick is currently the playmaker of the PL.. :pray

His vision for Hernandez's goal was unbelievable and in general his tackling and passing has been out of this world.  :win

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1122 on: December 26, 2012, 17:10 »
    And what a game as well.. :win

Great game though a shame there will be a whole Fergie bashing activity going after in the aftermath.
    A true treat and great to see Newcastle playing like that again.

Annoyingly I was going to be go up to watch this game  :(
    But instead got tickets to the Liverpool game in a fortnight or so and it would have been too much to go up twice to Manchester in such a short space of time. :police:
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1123 on: December 26, 2012, 17:23 »
    I enjoyed it too :karen :win
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1124 on: December 27, 2012, 14:39 »
    "@SportswaveAndre: Manchester United face up to three weeks without Wayne Rooney - He has a knee injury."
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1125 on: December 27, 2012, 17:28 »
    Ferguson must be incredibly relieved..

Now he can ensure Rooney does not play without denting his confidence by dropping him..

:P
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1126 on: December 27, 2012, 17:46 »
    Nottingham Forest's owners are absolute :censoreds.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1127 on: December 27, 2012, 18:16 »
    Wanabe Abromoviches I tell you..  :)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1128 on: December 27, 2012, 18:56 »
    Forest may've wanted City, they might get Blackburn. Walloped us just before a sacking, how thick is that.

Speaking of which, Leeds need Michael Tonge. Just to get that twit Michael Brown out of the flipping side.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1129 on: December 27, 2012, 21:25 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20855227

Alex McLeish has been appointed the new manager of Nottingham Forest.
    The former Aston Villa, Birmingham City and Scotland boss replaces Sean O'Driscoll, who was sacked on 26 December after five months in charge.
    "I believe he's the man who can help us fulfil our ambition of making it to the Premier League," said Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi.
    McLeish said: "The fact a club of Forest's magnitude has offered me a job excites me greatly."

You think they had this in mind prior to sacking O'Driscoll?

It is a step up in most people's eyes  ;) but the disruption aint worth it..
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 464
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1130 on: December 27, 2012, 21:27 »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253648/Carlton-Cole-Darron-Gibson-red-cards-overturned.html

The ref was wrong twice, now official. Also gets the chance to muck up another game at the weekend.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1131 on: December 28, 2012, 02:09 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20855227

You think they had this in mind prior to sacking O'Driscoll?

It is a step up in most people's eyes  ;) but the disruption aint worth it..
    Can't figure the smiley, but with Mcleish, Forest are fliped. That total numbnut has done squat.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1132 on: January 03, 2013, 10:23 »
    "@DrDannyPenman: Depression, racism, drugs and match-fixing rife in football, new survey claims http://t.co/aJ2UEwe0 via @mhf_tweets"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256243/Depression-racism-drugs-match-fixing-rife-football-new-survey-claims.html
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 464
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1133 on: January 05, 2013, 10:46 »

Nice that this lad chose to come to West Ham, we can bring him on and help him develop and then sell him to the Mancs :fp :fp
    Welcome home Joe Cole.
  • ReplyReply

• Kvinto

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 141
    « Reply #1134 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52 »
    I have loads of sympathy for Joe Cole, such a good player and genuinely nice guy (given the interviews of him that I’ve read). Great to see him finding a team that he’s needed in. His whole spell in Liverpool was accompanied with the “he’s paid too much” whinge as if the player is robbing the club but he’s never condescended to replaying in similar manner and even now when he finally left he does not restort to throwing stones at those who’ve treated him so unfair. Good luck, Joe!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Women buy stuff at sales for the same reason men climb mountains - because they're there" (from 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King)

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1135 on: January 05, 2013, 15:00 »
    "@BBCSport: BREAKING: DJ Campbell goes straight into QPR's starting XI after returning from a loan at Ipswich in which he scored 10 goals in 17 games"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1136 on: January 05, 2013, 20:38 »
    "@indykaila: Stale Solbakken sacked as Wolves boss. unconfirmed."
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Football
    « Reply #1137 on: January 06, 2013, 15:13 »
    Ha ha too true!

"@lioneljbirnie: I always love Big Club football fans' desperation at losing or drawing matches followed by renewed belief of global domination when winning"
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #1138 on: January 07, 2013, 13:20 »
    The World 11 have been announced.. And all are from the Spanish competition.

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid); Dani Alves (FC Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Gerard Piqué (FC Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid); Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona); Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Ramadel Falcao (Atlético Madrid) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid).

Another very odd and boring selection, still don't understand the hero-worship of Madrid and Barcelona. OK, can't argue with the forward line, and Iniesta has to be there as well, but especially in defence there are many better options imo. I'd personally take Neuer, Kompany, Hummels, Lahm and Pirlo over Casillas, Ramos, Piqué, Marcelo and one of Xavi or Xabi... Well, perhaps Ramos should stay over Hummels, not sure. And of course I'm heavily biased since he's one of my all-time favourites, but imo Pirlo should definitely be in there with the year he had.

Meh, pointless elections all.. Tonight we'll all be shocked to hear that Messi won the Ballon d'Or, with Ronaldo second and Iniesta third, and then we're done with these elections for now.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1139 on: January 07, 2013, 13:22 »
    That's a sh*t team. Just get Stoke to raise hell and they'd end up with 5 players on the pitch. Kompany and Neuer please. Buffon ahead of Casillas too. Get Luciano Becchio in too.

And what about Juanma Mata?
  • ReplyReply

•