collapse

hiero

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 897
 :lol

Cute, sure. I'll grant that. But cute does not angelic make! Yes, they can be VERY much a nuisance and they can do a lot of damage. Which is what they have taught me to think of when I see them.
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6272
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    You have clearly never had to try to remove a family of the little flipers from inside your roof space!!

A couple of years ago we took something like a dozen out over the course of the winter - that includes the bodies of the ones that the dog killed (a successful bit of training on my part!) and the one that I clubbed with the fire poker.

Thankfully they didn't do too much damage - especially as they started attacking some of the insulation on our heat pump refrigerant feed - although we should replace some of the insulation to get rid of their sh*t and the pee stains ...

Happy for them to live in the forest around us ... but the moment that they come near the house they transform into mobile targets!!!!
    :lol

Cute, sure. I'll grant that. But cute does not angelic make! Yes, they can be VERY much a nuisance and they can do a lot of damage. Which is what they have taught me to think of when I see them.
    Must be the grey squirrels you have across the pond (and increasingly in the UK) that you're talking about.

Never heard of our red squirrels doing anything like that.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Kiwirider

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 342
    Must be the grey squirrels you have across the pond (and increasingly in the UK) that you're talking about.

Evidently our red squirrels are significantly worse behaved than yours are ...
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 897

Remember that Bugs Bunny quote? The one that starts out "Mehhhh, COULD be!"?  :lol

Our red squirrels are noisier and have a little better sense to listen to me when I warn them off. Mostly. The greys are brazen, but my current dogs are so good at chasing them they've been staying away most of this past year.
  • ReplyReply

• Kiwirider

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 342
    BTW Lukas  - you do realise that this is the first time in the history of Velorooms that hiero and I have agreed on anything .... so what we are saying must be true!!!!

:D :D

;) ;)

:cool :cool
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Joelsim
    [December 15, 2017, 17:33]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by LukasCPH
    [December 15, 2017, 13:10]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by jimmythecuckoo
    [December 15, 2017, 12:58]

[December 15, 2017, 09:40]

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [December 15, 2017, 07:45]

[December 14, 2017, 21:56]