collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8328
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Astana/ Nibali news
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 16:10 »

Tour Team

Lieuwe Westra - Could try to get in a move like the three above, but less capable finisher than the three above.

If he is still riding that is. I don't think he's lost that black dog that was following him round earlier in the year.

http://www.ad.nl/sport/lieuwe-westra-veel-erger-dan-dit-kan-het-niet-zijn~a84ab872/

The Broeckx crash, his girlfriend leaving him after seven years, the loneliness of Monaco, language barrier in Astana etc. He had a bit of a mid-season break, but it's been pretty much DNFs since then.

But it's not over yet. Today or tomorrow he leaves for three months to the Spanish coast. A sandwich and protein shake for breakfast, time cycle and evening rice, lettuce and a little meat. ,, Everything stands or falls with the next hundred days and the months thereafter. I think I've lost alone in hotel costs 10,000 euros. A best investment. If you do that, you're obviously not quite ready to cycling. If I survive this, this period is also something I can be proud of. ''

He wants at all costs to finish his last year in Astana. Then perhaps to a smaller team in the Netherlands or Belgium. Think Roompotstraat or Wanty. But only if he finds it fun again, because afraid to stop Westra is long gone. Black hole after his career ?. ,, I do not think I will suffer from it. Much worse than this can not be.
  • ReplyReply

•