collapse

Echoes

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1659
Re: RIP/ memorial announcements
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2019, 17:48 »
Another terribly sad day for cycling. I usually don't react if the death of a cyclist upsets me too much and that's why I usually come to this thread to share the news of an oldtimer passing away but really Felice Gimondi departing makes me terribly sad. I should rather keep silent  :-x but he still should be honoured. Everytime I saw pictures of footages of him recently I was staggered at how fit he was. He probably should still have felt fit to go swimming in a lake at age 76. I've always thought that he would have survived Merckx. Is it so that he didn't know his limits?

One of the all time great of this sport, the most all-round of all of Merckx's opponent. He had his flaws but this is not a time to remember that. Just in my opinion of the most elegant rider on and off the bike that ever has been, one of the most beautiful palmares despite or thanks to the rivalry with Merckx and such a beautiful Italian name, especially Christian name: Felice!

May God Bless Felice Gimondi!

• ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [Today at 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:36]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:31]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2019, 19:29]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by LukasCPH
    [November 15, 2019, 17:06]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by LukasCPH