collapse

mc_mountain

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 921
Re: The 2014 CQ Ranking Manager Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49 »
Is there any evidence that 2013 had the smartest field? I'm genuinely curious, as it didn't look like it to me. There were probably too many picks that turned out to be weak or mediocre, also in the de-facto top teams. When you compare that to what was possible with unpopular picks such as Chris "tailwind" Froome and Richie Porte, I don't know.

I'd certainly welcome having a much bigger field, though, especially if (more) people from within pro cycling join. What do you all think are the best (least intrusive) ways to get more people to join?

i think 2013 was probably more of a reliance on getting a few of the perfect picks (expensive but big return) Sagan, Quintana, the two you mention and perhaps to a lesser extend Cav and Cancellara than having a really well 'balanced' team that brought major points throughout.  In 2012 there were a few amazingly cheap but productive picks Quintana and Moser for example and lots of people tried to find those (most got Coquard of course) and a lot of us picked the same duds.

I sent a 'press release' for the game to CN and few other anglo journalists and followed it up with a tweet or two.  Daniel Benson retweeted but unfortunately not the one from the CN feed twitter that has 100,000+.  He did say he would try and get a team together.  Inner Ring has also said he might play.  The point of the press release wasnt really to get a story written but just as way to approach journos with it.  If you fancy doing the same for any dutch journos, at some point I'll attach it here (or you could just as easily cut and paste the preamble that skidmark wrote in the first post into google translate and just check the translation over).  I know jsg tweeted a link to the thread to a few people and got some interest.

I'm also looking for a bigger field for the youth game, which I hope you will join and there is also Armchair's games to consider too.
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.

Recent Posts

Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20 by Twowheels
    [Today at 00:32]

Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20 by search
    [November 14, 2019, 22:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 14, 2019, 19:26]

Re: RIP/ memorial announcements by Echoes
    [November 14, 2019, 18:49]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by LukasCPH