collapse

skidmark

• Hot Prospect
  • Liked: 1151
  • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
Re: The 2014 CQ Ranking Manager Thread
« Reply #720 on: October 14, 2014, 18:21 »
Hey guys, sorry I didn't realize this week's update wasn't covered and yesterday was a holiday in Canada so I was off the grid spending time with family. I'll do the update in the next 24 hours.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about an end plan for the rest of the season. Here is what the rules say, copied from the opening post:

The season starts when the first race is held (which I believe is the Aussie National TT Championships on January 8th) and ends when the last major race (.1 or higher) is held. The winner will be crowned when the next update after the last major race is out. **New rule: any of the top 15 teams have the right to submit for an extension to the season before the end of the last major race. If no teams do so by that time, the season will end at the time stated above.**

Now, I realize the last major race is, I think, Tour of Taihu Lake, which is November 1st-9th. For all intents and purposes, I think the Japan Cup is a pretty last gasp for most of the riders represented in this game, and it would be nice to have a timely wrap-up, especially given that the final result for 1st place seems at least to be sewn up. I was thinking that maybe we could have a wrap-up summary after this weekend (which will include the GC of Beijing and Japan Cup) and unofficially crown a winner, and then for those who are still invested in placings I can offer a couple of updates until the 'official' end of the season. Does that sound good?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts, especially those in the above-mentioned top 15.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Tour de France 2022 - Stages & Discussion - Week 1 by search
    [June 29, 2022, 20:44]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 29, 2022, 16:59]

Re: Tour de France 2022 - General Discussion by Mellow Velo
    [June 29, 2022, 16:28]

Re: Roadbooks by alexisleboss
    [June 29, 2022, 09:56]

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by search