collapse

mc_mountain

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 921
Re: The 2014 CQ Ranking Manager Thread
« Reply #780 on: November 15, 2014, 14:51 »

I'm not sure potential UCI race calender/team size changes means the game HAS to change.  there will still be races and there will still be CQ points awarded - that's all we need.

As it is our 33 man roster breaks the current regs.

As for splitting the points between main teams and devo/youth riders - there is already a cross over between the main and youth game for young riders being picked in both. so I dont see that the youth game has to disappear.  I would avoid being prescriptive about the number of points and riders being split between the two sets of riders.  Lots of times it could be arbitrary where a rider ends up, two riders with the same age/characteristics one of which is in an UCI team and the other is still in a devo team. 

There is already an incentive to select young riders, as they can make big returns, but point and rider limits means there a two more factors that can make a team invalid - so more difficult to select a team in budget and fitting the rules and also increases the chances that skidmark will have to tell people to resubmit teams.  It also means we lose the simplicity that can make new players interested and eager to play.

AC is keen on a womens game, but there was something stopping him - maybe it was that CQ dont do a regular download (edit - they only did 6 this year).
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.