collapse

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
  • Classics Winner
  • Liked: 359
music web sites
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:21 »
A question that has resulted from my desire to buy a tablet (because all the other kids have one) and current inability to look beyond the ipad as the tablet of choice.

the main thing i have against the ipad is its surprising issues with video playback. a simple test in the apple store showed me that several of the recently loaded videos on here would not load on a ipad.

i then realised that while i like to use youtube to listen to music i am not overly fussed about actually watching videos. it is fining new music that i enjoy and youtube currently seems to be the best place for me to do that.

so the question is, should i decide to buy the ipad, what are my alternatives for finding that new music (does not have to be new new music just new to me music)

what good sites are there were i can play music without video.

anyone got any suggestions?
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 925
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    Re: music web sites
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28 »
    Think soundcloud may work. Embedded mp3s. Haven't ever tested it for a tablet device though.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30 »
    Think soundcloud may work. Embedded mp3s. Haven't ever tested it for a tablet device though.

Luckily it appears most stores these days are so keen to sell me a tablet they do not seem to mind me standing around for ages trying stuff out. especially in the apple store. will give it a go tomorrow lunchtime
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2612
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 22:53 »
    i just found this site
    http://uwall.tv/
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 00:14 »
    Soundcloud

Spotify is another very well known one.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 00:34 »
    Just tried spotify. not available in my country
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 00:38 »
    personally i would go the android route for a tablet rather than the ipad route.

there is virtually as much software now, but there is nowhere near the control that apple insist on having over what you do with the tablet, and you can get flash support and much more support for other bits of software. any company can produce stuff for android, for ipad they have to go through apple.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13 »
    personally i would go the android route for a tablet rather than the ipad route.

there is virtually as much software now, but there is nowhere near the control that apple insist on having over what you do with the tablet, and you can get flash support and much more support for other bits of software. any company can produce stuff for android, for ipad they have to go through apple.

Starting to think that way. only thing it has going for it at the moment is i already have music on itunes and the wife has an ipad so makes me think there would be more opportunity for sharing stuff like music, books etc.

not a massive fan of apple in general. hate the mac (just find it hard to use as use windows so much) and do not have an iphone so not attachment to the brand.

i think they do it to make my life difficult (first world problems) was all set to get one then i find the flash issue and now having to think about it all over again
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:16 »
    Wow Australia must suck, cos they have it in New Zealand.

not according to their website
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Slag om Norg by Echoes
    [June 27, 2017, 22:36]

Re: The Sep Vanmarcke Fanboy Thread (presented by Echoes) by Echoes
    [June 27, 2017, 21:03]

Re: Men's Transfers 16-17 by LukasCPH
    [June 27, 2017, 21:02]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by Leadbelly
    [June 27, 2017, 19:34]